Now that we've all had time to sleep on it..

InstantClassic

Ridley had like 44 touches for 48 yards coming into the game and with the season on the line, he was the game plan.

Think about that for second.

Basically why I can't wrap my head atound it.  Something's not right.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wont be?  How so?  The only way its significant is if their is a new starting QB.

Bryce Petty was labeled as a project QB from the start, and we finally seem to have a regime willing and able to take the time to develop a QB prospect.  That's not a "stuck in neutral" situation.  Call it speculation.  I call it a regime that is finally doing the right things at QB. 

Still wondering about Bowles decision to run Ridley over Ivory when asked in the presser he said it was the game plan. WOW 

I would be very surprised if we find out Ivory was healthy.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we find out he's headed for off season surgery.

Bowles doesn't like discussing things like this in the media. Only time will tell.

My hats off to you after the day you had driving up there the Jets suck the life out of many. 

It gets better...figured I had to go when a buddy offered me a free ticket.  I couldn't not go with not having to pay $150 for the ticket.

Now having returned, cost of deductible after hitting a deer en route, speeding ticket two hours after that, and cost of a rental car while car is being repaired...looking at a bit over $1,500 for that free $150 ticket.

Happy New Year!!  LOL

I would be very surprised if we find out Ivory was healthy.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we find out he's headed for off season surgery.

Bowles doesn't like discussing things like this in the media. Only time will tell.

Then shame on the Jets for not bringing in a RB off the street I dont know who but New England brought in Jackson for help and had more depth than we did. 

Bryce Petty was labeled as a project QB from the start, and we finally seem to have a regime willing and able to take the time to develop a QB prospect.  That's not a "stuck in neutral" situation.  Call it speculation.  I call it a regime that is finally doing the right things at QB. 

We could afford to let him develop considering the amount of starting experience between the other 2 options.  And until Petty proves it, he's pure hope right now, which is nothing new for Jets fans.

The bottom line is, we're hoping to resign and start Fitz.  Which does absolutely nothing to progress this franchise.  Which means, stuck in neutral.

Basically why I can't wrap my head atound it.  Something's not right.

Possibly the below...

...but he looked like he was shot out of a cannon on that 60 yarder.

Then shame on the Jets for not bringing in a RB off the street I dont know who but New England brought in Jackson for help and had more depth than we did. 

Who were they going to bring in at this point . The call should have been made 3-5 weeks ago to Pierre Thomas.

Ridley WAS the backup plan. Remember they lost Stacy earlier in the season

Right with Stacy gone and Powell injured for portions of the season Pierre Thomas could have worked wonders catching passes out of the backfield.

Ridley and Ivory are basically the same back, they needed someone to compliment/backup Powell. Instead of having 27 DLineman they could have brought in an extra RB.

I personally disagree with that. I have seen interviews with many well accomplished people who have said that luck played a factor. Being in the right place at the right time, for example. I am not saying that it is the overall factor but it is a factor

and if they didnt have the right skill set..would have meant nothing.  As an example....I am VERY succesful, I grew up on welfare, free lunch etc.

I met certain people by working 14 hours a day who have taken me under their wing and mentored me.  They thought I was talented.  Truth was, I honed my craft 12 hours a day, went to night school for years. Was I lucky to meet them?

BTW..read TIPPING POINT by Malcolm Gladwell, he discusses this at length. 

Fitz - if he's retained is speculation at this point.  Expecting a repeat performance is optimistic to say the least especially vs. what seems like a much tougher schedule.  Either way, he's a stop gap measure at best.

Geno - I see no reason why you would cut a cheap back-up with 16 games of starting experience and cutting him is speculation.  The coaching staff had him penciled as the starter before his jaw was broke. He was no distraction at all.  By all accounts, he was a great teammate this year and didnt get in the way of a 10 win season and record breaking QB performance.

Petty - is all hope.

New QB - speculation/hope

Reality - its the same exact boat as last season with just a little more confidence in the incumbent if the incumbent is actually resigned.

We're stuck in neutral brother.  Sucks.  But it's fact.

I have seen you and others post this a few times now.  IMO, we are not in the same position as all.

Last year:

Geno--New CS, New Weaponz, See if new HC/OC has a positive effect on him and his consistency

Fitz--Knows System, Keeps Petty from being rushed, quality back up

Petty--Do not play him this year, let him learn develop

After Season:

Geno--Maybe quality back up? Cheap. 1 year in system. will have more weapons if needed

Fitz--Proved he can lead this team in this offense.  FA, will he be back?

Petty--mission accomplished, he was not rushed into live action. question is how is he developing.

We came out flat again we most certainly did to point fingers how many passes were thrown at the ground early on we played in fear yesterday of making a mistake all day every play. 

Glad to hear this.  This keeps our record at undefeated when we don't "come out flat."  If only there was some coach out there that could get the team to never "come out flat" we'll go 19-0 next year!

Glad to hear this.  This keeps our record at undefeated when we don't "come out flat."  If only there was some coach out there that could get the team to never "come out flat" we'll go 19-0 next year!

The Jets seemed to have come out flat all season long and played a lot of come from behind football this needs to improve, 

and if they didnt have the right skill set..would have meant nothing.  As an example....I am VERY succesful, I grew up on welfare, free lunch etc.

I met certain people by working 14 hours a day who have taken me under their wing and mentored me.  They thought I was talented.  Truth was, I honed my craft 12 hours a day, went to night school for years. Was I lucky to meet them?

BTW..read TIPPING POINT by Malcolm Gladwell, he discusses this at length. 

Tipping Point, very good book but then again, I too am a CPA :P

Field position really killed us this year too. I can't get kerley out of my mind..fair catching everything, placing the ball down and walking away.

And an argument can be made that quigley lost us the game yesterday..essentially gifting 7 points with a punt to the 23 yard line. Can't stand that guy.

Field position really killed us this year too. I can't get kerley out of my mind..fair catching everything, placing the ball down and walking away.

And an argument can be made that quigley lost us the game yesterday..essentially gifting 7 points with a punt to the 23 yard line. Can't stand that guy.

You could say that special teams cost us both of the Bills games. 

Archived