Marvin Lewis needs to be FIRED!

CanadaSteve

a 15 yard penalty that potentially wins the game

Whether or not brown got hurt isn't even the point. Millions of players have gotten hurt on legitimate plays.  That particular hit by Burfict on that particular play was not illegal.

yes it was, brown was a defenseless WR, this gets called 100% of the time

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a 15 yard penalty that potentially wins the game

Whether or not brown got hurt isn't even the point. Millions of players have gotten hurt on legitimate plays.  That particular hit by Burfict on that particular play was not illegal.

Flag came out immediately.  Hit was illegal and was flagged, not because he was injured.  You can say it was legal all you want.  It wasn't and being in concussion protocol on Monday doves nothi no for anyone.  If he woke up today without a concussion they were picking up the flag.  

Flag came out immediately.  Hit was illegal and was flagged, not because he was injured.  You can say it was legal all you want.  It wasn't and being in concussion protocol on Monday doves nothi no for anyone.  If he woke up today without a concussion they were picking up the flag.  

it was not illegal it wasn't helmet to helmet Burfict lowers his shoulder pad to avoid it it was an incidental contact.

If you guys are so outraged where was this outrage earlier in the game when Ryan Shazier did the same exact play, injured Bernard and then celebrated with no flag?

really?  Ryan Shazier didn't get called for the same exact play when he injured Giovanni Bernard earlier in the game and then celebrated

100% give me a f-cking break.

Dude  Bernard was not defenseless he was a runner at that point, that said it was a penalty as Shazier used the crown of his helmet. Defenseless WR is a different rule.

The concussion protocol is a joke.  They were reporting on 98.5 in Boston this morning he is already out of it.

The concussion protocol is a joke.  They were reporting on 98.5 in Boston this morning he is already out of it.

Concussion doesn't change the penalty.  The hit was flagged immediately.  There's no advantage to putting him into concussion protocol.  

it was not illegal it wasn't helmet to helmet Burfict lowers his shoulder pad to avoid it it was an incidental contact.

If you guys are so outraged where was this outrage earlier in the game when Ryan Shazier did the same exact play, injured Bernard and then celebrated with no flag?

They missed the call on the Sazier hit.  I agree, it was a penalty.  It's two different plays and just because they missed one earlier why should they not flag this one against Burfict.  Especially since they didn't know they missed it.  The logic doesn't work.  The hit on brown was illegal.  Everyone thinks so other than a few Steeler haters.  I guess, whether it was or wasn't doesn't change my life. 

Dude you are an idiot and do not know the rules, maybe your avatar has given u Tx's minute brain. bernard was not DEFENSELESS

hey genius the rule also states the player doing the hit needs both of his feet to leave the ground for the hit to be illegal which did not happen on the Burfict hit on Brown

My point is neither hit was illegal.  The call on Burfict was arbitrary and contrary to the rules.  Google it since you don't even know the rule

They missed the call on the Sazier hit.  I agree, it was a penalty.  It's two different plays and just because they missed one earlier why should they not flag this one against Burfict.  Especially since they didn't know they missed it.  The logic doesn't work.  The hit on brown was illegal.  Everyone thinks so other than a few Steeler haters.  I guess, whether it was or wasn't doesn't change my life. 

neither play was illegal under the rules as written.  Shazier should have gotten unsportsmanlike for celebrating Bernard's injury however

refs had a love fest with the steelers Saturday night

neither play was illegal under the rules as written.  Shazier should have gotten unsportsmanlike for celebrating Bernard's injury however

refs had a love fest with the steelers Saturday night

No, he hit Bernard with the crown of his helmet.  Illegal play.  

And the hit on brown was an illegal play.

Sorry.  

hey genius the rule also states the player doing the hit needs both of his feet to leave the ground for the hit to be illegal which did not happen on the Burfict hit on Brown

My point is neither hit was illegal.  The call on Burfict was arbitrary and contrary to the rules.  Google it since you don't even know the rule

I am guessing who have no clue what a defenseless WR is.  If that ref doesnt throw a flag on Burfict, he is looking for a job Monday. Brown was defenseless on a ball severely overthrown and Burficts hit was beyond stupid. You need to look up the rule on what a defenseless WR is, most here know it, you have no clue

Dude  Bernard was not defenseless he was a runner at that point, that said it was a penalty as Shazier used the crown of his helmet. Defenseless WR is a different rule.

He hit him flush helmet-to-helmet.  That is the VERY definition on what they are supposedly trying to stop. 

If he's in protocol he has one.  They put them in protocol immediately and can take them out minutes later.  If he's still in he's had some level of concussion.  

Explain one advantage to faking a concussion.  

Not really true.  Once a player is in Protocol,and the symptoms have completely subsided, the player again performs more comprehensive neuropsychological tests interpreted by the team neuropsychologist.   It is a 6 step process,   if the player is progressing, he would be become eligible for increased physical activity. The workouts would ramp up over a few days if no symptoms occur.

Once a team doctor signs off on a player's return, the player is evaluated in person by an unaffiliated concussion expert physician approved by both the NFL and NFL Players Association. This unaffiliated expert also must sign off on the player's health before he is allowed to return to play.

Not really true.  Once a player is in Protocol,and the symptoms have completely subsided, the player again performs more comprehensive neuropsychological tests interpreted by the team neuropsychologist.   It is a 6 step process,   if the player is progressing, he would be become eligible for increased physical activity. The workouts would ramp up over a few days if no symptoms occur.

Once a team doctor signs off on a player's return, the player is evaluated in person by an unaffiliated concussion expert physician approved by both the NFL and NFL Players Association. This unaffiliated expert also must sign off on the player's health before he is allowed to return to play.

Dude, I was taking if his symptoms go away or aren't what the player initially thought he had.  When a player is taken into the locker and tested it doesn't mean he's done for a week or two.  Or if he's in after the game he could miss 1 week, 2 or more.  Every case is different, that's all I'm saying

Dude, I was taking if his symptoms go away or aren't what the player initially thought he had.  When a player is taken into the locker and tested it doesn't mean he's done for a week or two.  Or if he's in after the game he could miss 1 week, 2 or more.  Every case is different, that's all I'm saying

I must have misunderstood.  I thought you said "they put him in protocol",  Because once he is in protocol, it takes several days to get out.

They even have "eyes in the sky" observers that can call down to the bench to request a player be submitted to a set of side line concussion tests,  including oral response, and balance tests.  If the team physician determines that the player is displaying symptoms of a concussion, and removes him from the field, he is automatically placed in concussion protocol.  Once that happens, he can't be re examined in the locker room at half time, declared Healed, and returned to the field.  Trainers have to stay with him for the day and determine if he can be sent home, or if he must go to the hospital.

The following day he must be re-examined.   Every time before he enters any physical activity like practice, weight training, ect he must be examined again.  Until both the team doctor, and an  unaffiliated expert clear him to play.  This doesn't mean that he won't play the following week, but once he is removed from a game, "put in protocol"  he can not return to that game.

Archived