Marvin Lewis needs to be FIRED!

CanadaSteve

it wasn't helmet to helmet n it wasn't 10 yards. More like 3 yards by the time Antonio lands on his first foot. See first pic. Burfict hit Antonio around the ribs height with shoulder but Antonio, hence the shoulder to helmet blow. See 2nd pic. There was no launching. 

Steelers were taunting the Bengals even before the game started  it was part of the game plan. Mike sh*tlin was at the midfield looking at Bengals practicing. He had no business doing so, even if it was within the rules  they Porter had no business running his mouth off in between the Bengal players. One thing to note is, Antonio put his hand up to another Pitsbutgh player right after he went down to get up  the other player held Antonios arm by the elbow n said something, most likely told him to stay down, take his time n act concussed. I could be wrong there. See the third pic  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

it was an illegal hit.  He came from more than 3 yards out, video makes that clear.  He took too many steps to defend.  He started more than one altercation.  Could care less if he was taunted or they were goading him on.  

He acted selfishly.  He's been fined before.  70k for his actions against the Steelers.  Was warned in a written statement.  He knew, everyone knew,they would be watching him.  Still he had to get his ounce in and could care less that his team was in position for their first playoff win.  He was more important than his team being in a position to win.  He needed to get one more shot in to make a point,mwhatever that was.  As selfish a play as anyone could make, his team and some coach(s) will pay the price. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was an illegal hit.  He came from more than 3 yards out, video makes that clear.  He took too many steps to defend.  He started more than one altercation.  Could care less if he was taunted or they were goading him on.  

He acted selfishly.  He's been fined before.  70k for his actions against the Steelers.  Was warned in a written statement.  Still he had to get his ounce and could care less that his team was in position for their first playoff win.  He needed to get one more shot in.  As selfish a play as anyone could make. 

I really don't get how guys are calling that shot legal.  I watched it last night like 20 times.  It is clear that Burfict saw that Brown missed the ball and lined up Brown intentionally.  He was out of control/borderline psychotic the entire game. 

Before last night, I did not know much about Burfict.  I came away thinking he is a cheap shot artist in the mold of scumbag/Jet nemesis Romanowski.  

I really don't get how guys are calling that shot legal.  I watched it last night like 20 times.  It is clear that Burfict saw that Brown missed the ball and lined up Brown intentionally.  He was out of control/borderline psychotic the entire game. 

Before last night, I did not know much about Burfict.  I came away thinking he is a cheap shot artist in the mold of scumbag/Jet nemesis Romanowski.  

I don't get it either. It was as illegal as they come.

it looked exactly like the cheap shot guys are suspended for in hockey.  You line up a unsuspecting player and clip him with a shoulder.  Usually winds up in a concussion and time lost.  No different.

It was a penalty, but I believe Brown flopped or acted it out. He did not get concussed and will play in denver. Ben separated a shoulder and will not be effective. Denver will move on to play cheats

Other than Brown has a concussion

It was a penalty, but I believe Brown flopped or acted it out. He did not get concussed and will play in denver. Ben separated a shoulder and will not be effective. Denver will move on to play cheats

Don't know why you continue to be so down on the Chefs, mon.  They are the AFC favorites among all non-morons, even without Maclin. 

It's a culture. You set the boundaries well before in the locker room, practice, film rooms, everywhere. That team has zero discipline. Zero. That's on the coach. Lewis has a reputation for bringing in troubled players, and it bites him in the ass every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that nonsense is so overrated.  Burfict did nothing wrong on that hit on Brown it was 100% clean.

Pacman is Pacman

I don't usually agree with Primetime, but he's right here. As defenders, you are going full speed. And when LBs are covering, they pay attention to the receiver, not the ball. Burfict lowered his shoulders. When you do that, you're lowering the targeted area to around the ribs height n below. Shouldn't be illegal, wasn't dirty, play on. 

it wasn't dirty at all Brown did the best acting job since Deniro in Taxi Driver

that nonsense is so overrated.  Burfict did nothing wrong on that hit on Brown it was 100% clean.

Pacman is Pacman

Burfict was out of control the whole game, and I have no idea what blinders you're wearing but that hit was way beyond legal following rules today. He's gonna get fined and probably suspended.

Watch the replay and zoom in when Browns head comes around. His eyes tell the whole story, he was out cold.

No way, i guarantee you he plays next week, a penalty yes, a vicious hit no way. the bernard hit was vicious, Brown will be practicing all week

Are you fukkin' high?  If you look at the play, Brown was out as he falls to the ground.  Come on, you're better than this.

No way, i guarantee you he plays next week, a penalty yes, a vicious hit no way. the bernard hit was vicious, Brown will be practicing all week

1. Makes no difference if he was hurt.  An illegal hit is an illegal hit.  

2. Was announced last night hat he had a concussion.  Not that it makes a difference.  They don't throw flags after they know what the injury is 

1. Makes no difference if he was hurt.  An illegal hit is an illegal hit.  

2. Was announced last night hat he had a concussion.  Not that it makes a difference.  They don't throw flags after they know what the injury is 

I said it was a penalty, wr was defenseless, just wasnt a vicious hit. Brown will play and practice you watch

I said it was a penalty, wr was defenseless, just wasnt a vicious hit. Brown will play and practice you watch

ok, sounded like you were saying it was a penalty.

he may play, we know that concussions don't always take you out of the following game.  I'd bet he doesn't practice until late in the week if at all though.  Don't think he was faking at all.   And as I said, hits like this in hockey cause issues 

LMAO, he's already in the concussion protocol.  

This reminds me of a time I was watching a game with a few guys & this defender goes down & I'm like, "he's freaking faking it just to slow the pace down and get a breather" and then he didn't get up...and like 10 minutes later their sawing off his facemask and strapping him to a board while the ambulance comes out onto the field..awkward moment,lol.

so?  doesnt me he has one bub.  this is procedural.  He will play in game and practice most of week

only QB's get rushed through the protocol.  other players have to actually pass the tests, and this pretty much proves your acting idea is lame

only QB's get rushed through the protocol.  other players have to actually pass the tests, and this pretty much proves your acting idea is lame

He got hit for sure, but it was not vicious and I believe he will be fine this weekend, if he was acting it was smart !  i have no issue with penalty call

so?  doesnt me he has one bub.  this is procedural.  He will play in game and practice most of week

If he's in protocol he has one.  They put them in protocol immediately and can take them out minutes later.  If he's still in he's had some level of concussion.  

Explain one advantage to faking a concussion.  

there was just 18 seconds left in game, i expect brown to play and practice this week. I could be wrong. bigger issue is Ben who had to be shot up to get back in game

If he's in protocol he has one.  They put them in protocol immediately and can take them out minutes later.  If he's still in he's had some level of concussion.  

Explain one advantage to faking a concussion.  

a 15 yard penalty that potentially wins the game

Whether or not brown got hurt isn't even the point. Millions of players have gotten hurt on legitimate plays.  That particular hit by Burfict on that particular play was not illegal.

there was just 18 seconds left in game, i expect brown to play and practice this week. I could be wrong. bigger issue is Ben who had to be shot up to get back in game

it was his right shoulder and he's a righty.  They shot him up with painkillers but that won't work next week if he can't do a complete throwing motion why even play

Archived