Maccagnan On WFAN @ 4:30

KRL

You are the one that is all fired up.  Nobody ever bashed him except for his domestic violence issues and in game drops and those guys go back and forth on players every play.  Kenbrell Thompkins we have found our #3!  Kenbrell Thompkins better not even get on the team bus home from Buffalo, etc, etc. . 

He is far from slow.  He ran in the 4.4s at the combine IIRC, he is however, stiff with drop issues.  This is what he was in college.  Some guys can elevate past that, but drops are not like learning the offense  You don't automatically improve by being in the system.  He has already been in the system for 2 years.  I understand you like him.  I like him too, but the kid's draft position is no longer relevant.  He can either step up or he can't.

His domestic violence issues?!!?! PLURAL!?!!? Which he was not even found guilty of!?!?!?

from SI:

"Enunwa was arrested last year after allegedly assaulting a woman, and reportedly pleaded not guilty to domestic violence charges. The charges were eventually dismissed."

Enunwa has been in 1st year OC Chan Gailey's system for 2 years?!?!!? And YES, now that IT IS HIS LIVELIHOOD to catch passes, I believe he will be 100% focused on improving his hands. He never played last year and this was IN ESSENCE his rookie year. Your rationale, or lack thereof, just seem absurd in terms of expectations. 

I'm not fired up, just ASTOUNDED by the sheer puerile rationale and lack of reading skills on this board as of late. I also use CAPS and BOLD to emphasize points, not as - I guess is the more universal interpretation - a form of "online screaming/angry equivalent"

SAME HERE. 

But people have to have REASONABLE expectations regarding the production yielded by a guy selected in the 6th round of a WR RICH draft in 2014. 

Not EVERYONE is Marquis Colston or Stephan Diggs ( who I had hoped the Jets would take with a 4th round pick last year).

None of that matters, if he can catch he should play....And if he keeps dropping balls at a high rate he'll be out of the league...

The QB I really would like is Christian Hackenberg who I  won't have to spend a 1st round pick on which will allow me the time he needs to sit, forget and learn .

If not, I would prefer to just wait and take a flier on someone like Jacoby Brissett  from NC State a kid who threw almost 200 passes in college football in a pro style scheme without 1 interception.  

Wouldn't mind Brissett. Also like Kevin Hogan.

None of that matters, if he can catch he should play....And if he keeps dropping balls at a high rate he'll be out of the league...

Just answered your opinion with mine in post above:

Enunwa has been in 1st year OC Chan Gailey's system for 2 years?!?!!? And YES, now that IT IS HIS LIVELIHOOD to catch passes, I believe he will be 100% focused on improving his hands. He never played last year and this was IN ESSENCE his rookie year. You're rationale, or lack thereof, just seem absurd in terms of expectations. 

Just answered your opinion with mine in post above:

Enunwa has been in 1st year OC Chan Gailey's system for 2 years?!?!!? And YES, now that IT IS HIS LIVELIHOOD to catch passes, I believe he will be 100% focused on improving his hands. He never played last year and this was IN ESSENCE his rookie year. You're rationale, or lack thereof, just seem absurd in terms of expectations. 

Dude, you are over the top sensitive about Enunwa...All I said is the jury was still out on him...I think anyone would agree...If he continues dropping passes at a high rate he'll be gone...Dont understand why you're so insulted.

And there are maybe two teams that could use a QB ahead of us.  Given there really aren't any cant miss type QBs in the draft we should have one of the "top" guys sitting at 20.  After Goff who goes?  Lynch, Wentz, Cook? Two of those three should be there in the 1st.  

Every mock has had San Fran taking a qb early. Wonder if they still will since the hiring of Chip or his hes going to roll with Kaep

Dude, you are over the top sensitive about Enunwa...All I said is the jury was still out on him...I think anyone would agree...If he continues dropping passes at a high rate he'll be gone...Dont understand why your so insulted.

I'm not sensitive about Enunwa at all or insulted. Like I stated, it's more that lack of reading comprehension by some here that has me confounded. 

I agree the jury is still out on him from the fan perspective, but I guess I AM FAILING to properly communicate that IMO there needs to be more patience for him to develop and I don't see the CS being SO drastic in cutting bait with him like YOU and the Dominator are for a guy who in essence was a rookie this year and a noted RAW project. I work in R/E, so I tend to be MORE PATIENT in terms of letting an asset develop into worth and EVENTUALLY good value. I see Enunwa equivalent to buying a 3-story 50' wide Park Slope Brownstone back in 1993 for $125K. By 2001 that same damn property and the area improved 7 years later where you could triple your $. Patience is the key to letting things grow & flourish. I think he can, I may be wrong, but it's just one optimistic fan's opinion. 

I've said my peace, apparently I'm just more patient/understanding to the lack of production w/LATE ROUND draft picks than others here. That's all. 

Does this help? :D 

NEVER Said he WAS a TE, where was that ever stated?!?!?

No, that's what I would reasonably EXPECT out of a 2nd year 6th round draft pick who is still developing & was noted as a project when drafted. That's why you SHOULD NOTICE I stated that it would take him a few years to "get it." For a #4 WR/H-Back, he is more than adequate considering the backstory IMO. 

He wasn't HANDED ANYTHING?!?!?!? Injuries and Kerley/Smith/Cumby not being what the CS wanted is WHY he got so much playing time. Don't get your panties in a bunch regarding a 6th round WR who WAS bashed by many forum posters because "he was TOO SLOW, mediocre hands, no quickness, etc." and the fact that Idzy waited until so late in the draft to FINALLY start selecting WRs. 

So yeah, regarding all the write-ups he's coming along, DROPS INCLUDED, as I expected for a 6th rounder who will take some time to polish his game. :rolleyes:

His domestic violence issues?!!?! PLURAL!?!!? Which he was not even found guilty of!?!?!?

from SI:

"Enunwa was arrested last year after allegedly assaulting a woman, and reportedly pleaded not guilty to domestic violence charges. The charges were eventually dismissed."

Enunwa has been in 1st year OC Chan Gailey's system for 2 years?!?!!? And YES, now that IT IS HIS LIVELIHOOD to catch passes, I believe he will be 100% focused on improving his hands. He never played last year and this was IN ESSENCE his rookie year. Your rationale, or lack thereof, just seem absurd in terms of expectations. 

I'm not fired up, just ASTOUNDED by the sheer puerile rationale and lack of reading skills on this board as of late. I also use CAPS and BOLD to emphasize points, not as - I guess is the more universal interpretation - a form of "online screaming/angry equivalent"

Sheer puerile rationale?  Come down off your high ******* horse and put down the ******* thesaurus. 

1. Issues, as in he was arrested, I think sued and was suspended by the NFL.  There may have been only one incident, but that constitutes "issues" in my book. 

2. He was on the practice squad all of 2014.  True, this is his first year in Chan Gailey's system, but the system hasn't been his problem so much as catching the ******* ball.  Under 50% catch rate is Stephen Hill bad. 

3.  He certainly can develop and there is a decent chance he will.  OTOH, it is unlikely that he will suddenly turn everything around and stop dropping the ball.  This has been HIS LIVELIHOOD for over 2 years and he spent four years at Nebraska.  It's not like he went to California Lutheran like Eric Rogers. 

4.  AFJF and I have probably been Enunwa's two biggest supporters, even through the dark Idzik year.  We remembered that he had good rookie camp reports and figured the domestic violence issuE was the reason the put him on the practice squad.  We also figured it was a good sign that they brought him up before the last week so he couldn't be poached.  OTOH, if he couldn't crack that murderer's row we trotted out last year, he obviously needed a ton of development.

I have been here for a decade.  If you are astounded by a "lack of reading skills on this board as of late" you apparently do not read the board much.  Nobody is following you around attacking you.  I posted in the Spiller thread because I knew his contract and figured we wouldn't want it, so would need a new deal.  Sometimes picking guys on waivers is cheap because their bonus is gone, but in Spiller's case we'd probably have to do a new deal.  He is damaged goods, so a workout would be the key for anything.  IF he can run good.  If he can't glue factory or somebody else's problem. 

Every mock has had San Fran taking a qb early. Wonder if they still will since the hiring of Chip or his hes going to roll with Kaep

That's my thinking.  Kelly and Kaep seem like the perfect fit, Kaep would be the best match to his system that anyone's he's had in the NFL.  I don't think it's a coincidence that Kelly was hired in SF.  Add in how many areas they need help in it makes so much sense to pick a different position and just redo Kaeps deal. 

That's my thinking.  Kelly and Kaep seem like the perfect fit, Kaep would be the best match to his system that anyone's he's had in the NFL.  I don't think it's a coincidence that Kelly was hired in SF.  Add in how many areas they need help in it makes so much sense to pick a different position and just redo Kaeps deal. 

Gonna be interesting to see how the Qbs drop now

I'm a huge Penn state and started a thread awhile back on a different Jets board about Hackenberg being the next "Big ben." I watch all of his games and he has regressed. I am not sure if it's just a talent regression or if it was the new system after O'Brien left or the lack of talent/depth on the Oline due to the lack of scholarships. Either way, he has gone from projected #1 type pick to a 2nd round grade. 

If he is available in the 3rd  it would be a great value pick and the type of QB we should be targeting in the draft. I am not sure this team has the luxury of "wasting" draft picks on project QBs in the 1st/2nd rounds. This draft doesn't have an "Andrew Luck" (although Goff may be a top 5 pick) but it has a ton of solid talent in guys like Lynch, Wentz, Hackenberg, Cook, Jones, Doughty, Hogan and Prescott. I don't really see much difference between those 6 or 7  guys from what I saw in college (although I never saw Wentz play, just going on scouting reports). 

What you see with Hackenberg  last season is what happens to a QB when his OL is horrible and his receivers that allowed him to look decent are now starring in the NFL.  That kid played on a team with 2 quality players, and both suffered for it. It was him and the Freshman RB against defenses and for the most part, they lost . The fact that The Nittany  Lions went to a Bowl game is a tribute to Hack and that RB . I would love for the Jets to take Hack and develop him for 2 yrs  even if it meant taking him in the 2nd round,.

If we're drafting a QB then I hope we trade up and get the top ranked QB, realizing it will cost a lot.

That would be Jared Goff and you'd have to get the #1 pick which would cost a fortune seeing how the Browns are targeting him at #2. 

Sheer puerile rationale?  Come down off your high ******* horse and put down the ******* thesaurus. 

1. Issues, as in he was arrested, I think sued and was suspended by the NFL.  There may have been only one incident, but that constitutes "issues" in my book. 

2. He was on the practice squad all of 2014.  True, this is his first year in Chan Gailey's system, but the system hasn't been his problem so much as catching the ******* ball.  Under 50% catch rate is Stephen Hill bad. 

3.  He certainly can develop and there is a decent chance he will.  OTOH, it is unlikely that he will suddenly turn everything around and stop dropping the ball.  This has been HIS LIVELIHOOD for over 2 years and he spent four years at Nebraska.  It's not like he went to California Lutheran like Eric Rogers. 

4.  AFJF and I have probably been Enunwa's two biggest supporters, even through the dark Idzik year.  We remembered that he had good rookie camp reports and figured the domestic violence issuE was the reason the put him on the practice squad.  We also figured it was a good sign that they brought him up before the last week so he couldn't be poached.  OTOH, if he couldn't crack that murderer's row we trotted out last year, he obviously needed a ton of development.

I have been here for a decade.  If you are astounded by a "lack of reading skills on this board as of late" you apparently do not read the board much.  Nobody is following you around attacking you.  I posted in the Spiller thread because I knew his contract and figured we wouldn't want it, so would need a new deal.  Sometimes picking guys on waivers is cheap because their bonus is gone, but in Spiller's case we'd probably have to do a new deal.  He is damaged goods, so a workout would be the key for anything.  IF he can run good.  If he can't glue factory or somebody else's problem. 

Holy crap do you have any idea how many all caps words and sentences you're gonna get when he sees this!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived