Divisional Round Picks

UnitedWhofans

Chiefs- Pats: Pats will win but will struggle

Cardinals-Packers: Will be closer than last time, but Cardinals win

Steelers-Broncos: No Brown and limited Ben= Broncos win

Seahawks-Panthers: :Closest game of the bunch, but Seahawks experience will rule the day

going with the "whatever is worse for jets fans" model cuz I'm in a foul mood

pats by 30

rodgers gets a key call late

steelers by 1

panthers (sets up a weak SB opponent for AFC team)

I like Seattle over Carolina.  I also like the Chiefs over the Pats, but I admit that I am rooting for the Pats to lose so I there may be some emotion in that pick. However, I do believe the Chiefs are a tough match-up for the Pats.

Trust me, I will be rooting for the Chiefs. 

I would take the under in the Sea/Car game if I'm making a bet in that game.

Game 1: Chefs @ NE Cheats

Chefs 30 Cheats 23*

The Cheats are too banged up and the Chefs defense just too overbearing on defense for the Pats to come away with a win.  The Cheats will be getting their golf clubs, synthetic pot, PCP and whatever else is left at Gronk's house ready for the off season.

*If the refs do their typical NE favoritism, then that could alter the outcome.

Game 2: Packers @ Cardinals 

Cards 34 Packers 20

Packers, like the Cheats above, are again too banged up and depleted to vie with the superb offense and defense of the Cards, the most complete team in the NFL. David Johnson will tear them apart on the ground and Palmer-Fitz-Floyd-Brown are enough to give the Pack defense fits.  

Game 3: Seahawks @ Panthers

Panthers 27 Seahawks 23

Best game of the week. Two excellent teams but each with deficiencies.  I like Newton at home to take this in what should be an exciting, nail biting close contest.  Great defense against good offenses.  Can't wait for this one.  

Game 4: Steelers @ Broncos

Broncos 31 Steelers 13

Ben has a shoulder issue and can't throw well,  Brown is out on concussion protocol, the main RB for Pittsburgh is named Toussaint.  Denver has an outstanding defense at home.  Emmanuel Sanders does what he did before to Pittsburgh.  A blow out.  Even if the refs do their usual favoritism toward the Steelers, they can't overcome the personnel deficiencies they have.

sounds about right. Only one thing is that Gronk is in and Maclin probably out so that swings back a little in favor of Cheats

Of course the Chiefs decide to spike that first down ball, of course Kelce falls out of his break in the end zone, of course the Chiefs aren't prepared and get a delay of game.

I've never seen teams fall apart game by game like they do for the Pats. 

But that's also why the Pats are the best team in football over the past decade. They just never...ever self destruct. Ever. They just stay the course and wait for the other team to start ******* up. 

All in all a decent w/end of games. 

Even with the Panthers jumping out to such a huge lead over the Hawks and one never really having the feeling that KC would make up for wasting those first have scoring opportunities, all four games pretty much kept me tuned in for the entire game.   The NCAA title game last Monday night was a good one as well.

Archived