Cam Newton: losing Stephen Hill was a "big deal"

Sperm Edwards

Danny Woodhead.

yes, but the problem with this is they liked him, didn't cut him because they were releasing him.  Just tried to get cute with the roster for a week and were burned. 

OK... but agree with JetNut AND  thats one player in 10 years and its not like we released a TOP player. he is not. Good solid utility player.

I would add to that, Cotchery under special circumstances.

yes, but the problem with this is they liked him, didn't cut him because they were releasing him.  Just tried to get cute with the roster for a week and were burned. 

Jets never gave the guy a chance

Last year for the Chargers, he had 80 receptions and over 1,000 yards from scrimmage. All the guy does is make plays when he touches the football.

He is the Wayne Chrebet of RB's.

Still pissed the Pats didn't make a better effort to keep him.

Last year for the Chargers, he had 80 receptions and over 1,000 yards from scrimmage. All the guy does is make plays when he touches the football.

F*cking Joe McKnight.  Tannenbaum could never admit that he screwed up with a draft pick, and cut them in favor of a better player.

The Jets made Woodhead.  He sucked on cover teams and the Jets were short on WRs which is why they had to try to move him to the practice squad.  They had Tomlinson and Greene on the roster.  If a guy sucked at specials he was a waste of a roster spot. People act like cutting this guy was the downfall of the team.  He was on the Pats when we beat them in the playoffs.  **** him

Woodhead works in systems with a solid QB who knows what he's doing.  That was not the case with Sanchez. 

I think it's a pretty bold statement. And I doubt, rather I know that he knows what he's talking about over any of us. Most Qbs don't build up Wrs who can't catch the ball and Cam isn't a guy who waxes poetic about guys who suck. So I'm surprised he said that about Hill because like most of us I thought he had talent which didn't translate on the field. But maybe like with a lot of young players it takes time to learn how to play the NFL game. Some Jets fans just want to classify a player as good or bad. And have little tolerance for injuries or the learning curve. It'll be interesting to see if in that environment Hill can develop and be a good receiver. 

doing anything or being a good player?

Matt Slauson

Cromartie

Cotchery

Revis

good list but it doesn't condemn JETS management as incompetent .  Revis we got a great deal. The other three are losses but not like a Riggins, Farrior loss.  

I personally believe that we should have done more to keep Cotch.  It is an example of Tannys major weakness.  

good list but it doesn't condemn JETS management as incompetent .  Revis we got a great deal. The other three are losses but not like a Riggins, Farrior loss.  

I personally believe that we should have done more to keep Cotch.  It is an example of Tannys major weakness.  

I miss Cotch, too, and wish we never let him go. I still remember this catch he made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzr1bTPxDzk

We lost him and what did we get to replace him? Plaxico Burress? Derrick Mason?

Disgusting.

That could be the dumbest post I have ever read on this board.

How the hell did the Jets "make Woodhead"?

They dumped him for Joe Friggn McNightp>

He was a 5'3" RB from Chadron State.  The Jets signed him. Then they carried him after he blew out his knee.  He survived cuts and being on the practice squad before the Pats turned him into a star.  If you are good team you have to dangle good players now and then.  The Jets were a good team in 2009 and 2010.  People want to act like the Jets were dumb for letting go of a useful player.  Actually the problem is that they didn't have more decent players to cut.  

He was a 5'3" RB from Chadron State.  The Jets signed him. Then they carried him after he blew out his knee.  He survived cuts and being on the practice squad before the Pats turned him into a star.  If you are good team you have to dangle good players now and then.  The Jets were a good team in 2009 and 2010.  People want to act like the Jets were dumb for letting go of a useful player.  Actually the problem is that they didn't have more decent players to cut.  

OK, that was a great post.

Sorry for my previous post Dom.

Archived