Combine thread?

Matt39

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, afosomf said:

was it you that did not have amari cooper very high....OK bub

gametape tells you more than shorts

We get it. You're an Alabama fan/alumni/whatever. Every player to come out of Tuscaloosa isn't the second coming and every player that loses to Bama isn't worthless.

You really want a guy who scouts like Tony to pull up a game where the prospect had a serious injury to his throwing shoulder to get a good feel for him? You know, I don't totally love Cook (I do like him) but at least I did enough homework on him to know that he actually has great numbers against the blitz.

There is absolutely nothing worse than someone who thumps his chest and drools over players from their favorite school.

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

We get it. You're an Alabama fan/alumni/whatever. Every player to come out of Tuscaloosa isn't the second coming and every player that loses to Bama isn't worthless.

You really want a guy who scouts like Tony to pull up a game where the prospect had a serious injury to his throwing shoulder to get a good feel for him? You know, I don't totally love Cook (I do like him) but at least I did enough homework on him to know that he actually has great numbers against the blitz.

There is absolutely nothing worse than someone who thumps his chest and drools over players from their favorite school.

Sorry but this clown had cooper as 5th best wr... I dont felate every bama player...cooper is special.  For him to blow Connor Cook over shorts vs gametape is amateurish

2 minutes ago, jett said:

Cam Newton Was bad in the super bowl he must be trash. Luck was 10 for 30 against California back in 09. What's your point exactly? 

I didnt think Newton was bad at all, if cotchery catches ball at 1 yd line and caught the other ball over the middle, Carolina prob wins game. Cook is garbage mon

38 minutes ago, afosomf said:

Sorry but this clown had cooper as 5th best wr... I dont felate every bama player...cooper is special.  For him to blow Connor Cook over shorts vs gametape is amateurish

The tape on Cook isn't that bad. Like I said, do enough research and watch enough of it and you'll find out his numbers against the blitz are pretty good.  Telling someone to ignore the combine and watch film from when he was nursing a significant injury is flat-out stupid.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The tape on Cook isn't that bad. Like I said, do enough research and watch enough of it and you'll find out his numbers against the blitz are pretty good.  Telling someone to ignore the combine and watch film from when he was nursing a significant injury is flat-out stupid.

LOL where is ignore the combine in any of my posts....seriously mon  Bogglez the mind

18 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Can't even.

"WHO scouts like Tony" if your gonna pick a quote to ridicule, don't cherry pick it. If that's your goal than stick to your usual lurking. 

I don't always agree with Tony but he is dedicated to what he does. Website, twitter, and is better connected to teams than most on this forum. 

Don't waste your time.

Assmop is the dumbest poster on the board.

2 minutes ago, afosomf said:

LOL where is ignore the combine in any of my posts....seriously mon  Bogglez the mind

When you said "gametape tells more than shorts" in reply to him telling you how f*cking stupid and pointless it would to pull up the bama game like you suggested. Keep up MON. Don't really know what else that could imply.

Cook had a good showing and you sh*t on someone for saying that because you just had to bring up your preciousssssss Alabama.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

When you said "gametape tells more than shorts" in reply to him telling you how f*cking stupid and pointless it would to pull up the bama game like you suggested. Keep up MON. Don't really know what else that could imply.

Cook had a good showing and you sh*t on someone for saying that because you just had to bring up your preciousssssss Alabama.

combine is a small piece of puzzle, gametape is where the scouts spend most of their time mon

and RTR Road to 17 commences.

Gotta love the "MON" reference.

He's worse than a Valley Girl with that stupid $hit.

2 minutes ago, afosomf said:

combine is a small piece of puzzle, gametape is where the scouts spend most of their time mon

and RTR Road to 17 commences.

And the game tape says he's a borderline first rounder. Thanks for making my point.

Ironic part of all this? I'm a bama fan when it comes to college. I just don't go around telling everyone every waking minute nor do I inject my fandom into my evaluation of players. Hard to be objective when you do that.

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

We need to keep close eye on Leonard Floyd tomorrow, he and Elliot seem like the 2 most plausible picks for us right now.  Maybe one of the OTs if one falls to us or maybe Ragland 

Agreed. Lanky pass rushers though man, they worry me. Have to imagine if a QB like Paxton Lynch is there he's probably in play too. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Well his price tag is likely first this year, next. Mo and possibly another high pick. Are you that sold?

While I disagree with what it will actually cost,  I would absolutely trade a single first, some other picks and Moe right now. I know there will be plenty who don't agree, but I tied my horse to his wagon wayyyyyyyy back and I'm sticking around for the ride.  If the FO truly loves someone, they have to get him. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Damn, these QB's suck.

They all have noodle arms.

Other than Wentz, I agree with you. This is a very poor crop. I watched a lot of it today, and was shocked. These guys make Geno look like Brady and Rodgers. Fitz and the other FA QB's made lots of $ today.

33 minutes ago, section314 said:

Other than Wentz, I agree with you. This is a very poor crop. I watched a lot of it today, and was shocked. These guys make Geno look like Brady and Rodgers. Fitz and the other FA QB's made lots of $ today.

Its because of the style of college football now. Wentz is the only one that has been under center and it showed. All the rest are risks and multi year projects. 

Very risky taking a QB early this year.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

And the game tape says he's a borderline first rounder. Thanks for making my point.

Ironic part of all this? I'm a bama fan when it comes to college. I just don't go around telling everyone every waking minute nor do I inject my fandom into my evaluation of players. Hard to be objective when you do that.

game tape to me tells me he is a career backup at best

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

and BTW i was right on Cooper being best wr in draft.  

Archived