Broncos May Pursue Kaepernick

JetBlue

If Brock Osweiler does not re-sign with the Denver Broncos, they are expected to pursue Colin Kaepernick.

The San Francisco 49ers intend to pick up their team option on Kaepernick, which means the Broncos would have to trade for him.

John Elway has long been known as a believer in Kaepernick.

http://football.realgm.com/wiretap/36311/Broncos-Expected-To-Pursue-Colin-Kaepernick-If-Osweiler-Leaves

So Elway, who knows QBs can have interest in Kaep, but the Jets don't.  Yeah, that makes perfect sense, lets' bring back Fitz the conquering hero... smdh. 

When asked about this John Elway said, "

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister Ed.

Go right to the source and ask the horse
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
He's always on a steady course.
Talk to Mister Ed.

People yakkity-yak a streak and waste your time of day
But Mr. Ed will never speak unless he has something to say.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse.
You never heard of a talking horse?

Well listen to this: "I'm Mister Ed".

This song was originally posted at:
http://bussongs.com/songs/a-horse-is-a-horse-mr-ed-tv-show.php

Don't like him in Denver. I could see him better fit with the Rams or where he was with Kelly as his coach. He is a warm weather QB and see a better fit for Denver would be Nick Foles.  He had a down year for the Rams but he is a pocket passer with some movement plus he played in colder weather with the Eagles and looked good doing it.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If Brock Osweiler was so butthurt about being benched for a first-ballot HOFer... do we really think he has the mettle to make it as a starting QB with that much pressure on him?

The financial gamble on Osweiler is insane. No way he lives up to that hype. I want me some once proven, now hated, talent! Bring me Kaep!!!! RG3 if you have to. 

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If Brock Osweiler was so butthurt about being benched for a first-ballot HOFer... do we really think he has the mettle to make it as a starting QB with that much pressure on him?

No, I think he waited for a better deal. Clearly a better deal. I doubt he was butt hurt at any point. 

Just now, j4jets said:

No, I think he waited for a better deal. Clearly a better deal. I doubt he was butt hurt at any point. 

No, the butthurt is why he didn't sign the contract a few days ago when it was offered. It's already been reported that being benched played a role in his willingness to sit on the offer.

Sure, it's a better deal, but if you read between the lines... there was definitely some emo going on there too.

Look at Elway's attempts to manage losing him from a PR standpoint... talking about "only wanting players that want to be here", well, apparently that philosophy wasn't relevant when you offered him $16m/year... but when he didn't take it, then it's because he didn't want to be there. LMFAO at Elway.

9 minutes ago, jetrider said:

I seriously doubt he was bitter about not finishing off Peyton's career for him.

I would be. Peyton sucked. Best player should play. Peyton could come in and take the final snap and take his big helmet off his huge head to smile at the camera, when the game didn't matter.

I'd rather we develop our own QB (hopefully Goff/Wentz if Macc likes either) but I wouldn't hate it if we got Kaep.  I haven't seen much of him the past couple of years but in those 2 great years for the 49ers (SB loss and NFC championship game loss) Kaep seemed pretty good to me. 

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'd rather we develop our own QB (hopefully Goff/Wentz if Macc likes either) but I wouldn't hate it if we got Kaep.  I haven't seen much of him the past couple of years but in those 2 great years for the 49ers (SB loss and NFC championship game loss) Kaep seemed pretty good to me. 

Can't see either being there at 20. That would be a steal for either. Also, you haven't seen much of Kaep recently because he has been terrible and was benched for Blaine Gabbert.

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

It would be a SOJ move to sign a JAG like Fitz for big money and not even kick the tires on Kaep a young player with an enormous ceiling.

He's not currently available. I'm sure the Jets have asked, but the 49ers seem to be rebuffing everyone. And his ceiling isn't that enormous. Defenses have him pretty figured out.

Archived