If the Bucs drop the price...

Patriot Killa

Yes or No  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trade 2nd rd pick.

• Yes
    • No

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The Buccanears still need a backup Qb.  Winston gets hurt their season goes down the chute.   Again a team wants them to give up their backup Qb it's probably going to cost you a number 1 pick.( expose themselves by weakening the depth at the Qb position)

The Jets don't have to pay the Buccanears price for Glennon( first) .   Just have to be prepared to go with Geno Smith or Petty as their starting Qb next year.

I think at this point the Jets are ready to roll with Geno and Petty if they need to. The Bucs do need a backup QB but I think if they are offered a third round pick for Glennon they will snatch up one of the QBs in free agency to play their backup role (could even be Fitzpatrick seeing as no one wants to pay him starter money)

I would have no problem if our FO thought that he was worth it. I liked Glennon coming out of school and was hoping we drafted him instead of Geno. I have watched him play when he had the opportunity and I was impressed and saw  potential. Given our history with 2nd round picks, I would have no problem at all. I dont want Geno  or Petty starting . If we dont sign Fitz then what do we do. Do we draft a QB in the first round? I dont see that happening, besides I dont see any of them starting day one. I believe Glennon will beat out both Geno and Petty. I am hoping Petty becomes our franchise QB, but that could be quite a stretch. The big question mark about Glennon was how he moved in the pocket and that he was a bit skinny. The games I watched I saw him move extremely well and he took some big hits and didin't get rattled and showed toughness . Granted it was a only a few games. Just my opinion

15 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh, I see. You want to play Highway Robbery again. Great way to try and run an organization.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

I wasn't saying to use that as a philosophy for team building. I was simply saying that you can't dismiss a guy just because you don't pay through the nose to get him.

Let's say we do give up a second round pick for him - does that make him any better? He couldn't get the start in Tampa when they had no-one but Josh McCown standing in his way, why should we pay a lot for a guy they clearly thought so little of?

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I know really it's just asinine to ask opinions on thoughts. What the hell do I think this is? A message board? Shesh.?

We're saying that a 2nd rounder being a "lowered price" is absurd, meaning the Buccaneers have some set of balls asking for a 1st for an unproven backup QB.

Has nothing to do with you creating a thread. Don't be so sensitive.

Archived