Report: Jets Have “little or no faith” in Geno Smith

JetNation

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

When everyone keeps "misunderstanding" the things you say, maybe it's not everyone, maybe it's you?

Not everyone is misunderstanding.... so maybe it is not him.  Especially when HC is directly quoted stating he is okay with Geno as option if Fitz is not resigned. I don't see anything ambiguous about that. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

It is amazing how everyone is a mind reader.  I posted the article last week that quoted Bowles directly (someone reposted it in this thread) yet everyone wants to focus on what a "reporter" from Bleacher Report has "reported".  If the information was reversed, they would saying, "who the **** is Jason Coles and what the hell does he know?" Lol, JetNation, where the laughs just keep on coming.  Reading this board is better than watching Comedy Central. 

Bowles benched a healthy Geno for 14 consecutive weeks.  

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He also benched a healthy Chris Ivory who reeled off a 58 yard run against the Bills in a game that cost us the playoffs, and he benched Kerley. 

Did he bench them for 14 weeks with the player ahead of them on the depth chart needing surgery?  If so, I feel pretty silly right about now.

Just now, AFJF said:

Did he bench them for 14 weeks with the player ahead of them on the depth chart needing surgery?  If so, I feel pretty silly right about now.

Decisions made by Todd Bowles which I have no control over dont make me feel silly at all, the outcome of the season is on him not me. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Decisions made by Todd Bowles which I have no control over dont make me feel silly at all, the outcome of the season is on him not me. 

So, I take it that's a "no"?

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He also benched a healthy Chris Ivory who reeled off a 58 yard run against the Bills in a game that cost us the playoffs, and he benched Kerley. 

And both of them are on other teams right now.   Sure hope the similar career paths continue.  

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

And Fitzpatrick is heading to his 7th team  in 11 years in the league with 0 playoff appearances :D

Nah, Fitz will be back, if he's not, I'd rather have Browning back.  Think he's a bartender in Patterson now 

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Nah, Fitz will be back, if he's not, I'd rather have Browning back.  Think he's a bartender in Patterson now 

WRONG 

Today, Browning Nagle makes his money in the medical device industry, and has been doing so since he retired in the year 2000. Currently, he is the senior manager of a company known as Medtronic Spinal and Biologics. 

He lives just outside Memphis, TN, with his wife, Mallie Jo, and his two children, Browning Jr, and Savannah Clair.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Does Sudfeld from Indiana project decently? Anyone?

I asked Pete Prisco about him at the combine and he said he liked him a lot.  Top offense in the conference in a pro style system.

Also heard Mayock say he's the type of guy who could be a good player under the right OC.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

WRONG 

Today, Browning Nagle makes his money in the medical device industry, and has been doing so since he retired in the year 2000. Currently, he is the senior manager of a company known as Medtronic Spinal and Biologics. 

He lives just outside Memphis, TN, with his wife, Mallie Jo, and his two children, Browning Jr, and Savannah Clair.

He sells vibrators?

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

WRONG 

Good maybe he can get Geno a job

On 3/28/2016 at 10:23 AM, JiF said:

They have such little faith in Geno Smith, he's still on the roster and the Jets are literally giving zero effort in signing a QB other than kicking the tires on RG3, low balling Fitz (in his opinion) and making a call here and there about some sh*t bag.

A lack of options on the market currently is not a statement that Geno has instilled any confidence whatsoever in his coach or GM.  It's more a reflection of the abyss that is the QB market.  Outside of a handful of teams, pretty much every QB out there ranges from average to bad (Brock Osweiler) to god awful (Geno).

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Bowles benched a healthy Geno for 14 consecutive weeks.  

Full of double standards, I tell ya! :-) 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Thumbed up, though Kerley was a JAG. 

On 3/28/2016 at 2:53 PM, Maxman said:

Guys we really won't know what Geno is until they give him 4 or 5 seasons to start.

well,.. at least after THOSE  " 4 or 5 seasons "...we will have the number ONE overall pick in the draft    :angry:

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What are players on Jacksonville considered?

As in their WR's? Beasts. Which has honestly surprised me, when it came to Allen Robinson. I didnt think much of him coming out of Penn State. But Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns right now have to be the #1 young WR duo in the league and easily top 5 in the NFL. The Jags WR's played some pretty exciting football this past year. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

As in their WR's? Beasts. Which has honestly surprised me, when it came to Allen Robinson. I didnt think much of him coming out of Penn State. But Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns right now have to be the #1 young WR duo in the league and easily top 5 in the NFL. The Jags WR's played some pretty exciting football this past year. 

Bzzz.  The correct answer was "jags".

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Everyone questions Manish or Cimini let me ask you who the hell is Glenn Naughton

A fan who presented facts that have clearly hurt you very deeply.  

Archived