Do I really want to renew my season tickets after Hackenbush ?

no psls

4 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

As a Jet fan for 45 years I would of rather had a better prospect in playing my QB position. We had two chances and we blew it. If you would of told me Hackenberg was the only other good QB in the draft like Geno was when he was chosen in the 2nd round it would of not piss me off. When you here statements like what Mike Mayock stated who I respect as an expert more than Kiper and Mcshay and he says Hackenberg scares him. He compares him to Cardale Jones as big throwers but who knows if they ever can develop into an NFL QB.  All Jet fans need to say their prayers. We are going to need it.

Do you know the lotto numbers this week too?  Jeez dude give a ******* rest you have NO CLUE.  We were never going to get Wentz or Goff and Hackenberg has as much natural talent as either of them.   The key will be to see if he can regain the form he had as a freshman, and I have confidence that Gailey and Patulo will develop him in the player he showed he is capable of being.  The player that was once considered the best qb prospect in college football a few short years ago.    To act like they picked some bum off the street with no pedigree either is just plain stupid.  We get it they didn't do what you wanted them to do so they must be wrong.   Hackenberg has been working out with Jordan Palmer, former QB and current QB Coach for the last few months.  The Jets Brain Trust worked him out in private workouts and decided to make the pick.  Do you REALLY THINK YOU KNOW MORE THAN THEY DO?    

3 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

It is very funny that Hackenbust who was a Pennsylvania high school stand out at QB and played for Penn ST. that the Eagles gave the house away to get a division 1a QB and move up even though they have a QB. Of any team, them and the Steelers should know him the best. So what does that tell you about our 2nd round pick. 

The eagles are the dumbest team around, Bradford contract proves that, and the Steelers have too many needs to burn a 2nd on their

QB of the future, Hackenbomb is gonna be a real good one, the Bills are gonna be pissed Rex passed on him, one thing I noticed is that

he's got exceptional touch, and great timiing, things you can't teach, it was baptism by fire at Penn State, and O'Brien got the wheels rolling

so he will be fairly advanced coming in.  And he did go local, to the next closest team, but I like calling him Hackenbust, I don't think you'll be

inclined to say that after you see him on the field.  Other than his name, the kid is special.

42 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Do you know the lotto numbers this week too?  Jeez dude give a ******* rest you have NO CLUE.  We were never going to get Wentz or Goff and Hackenberg has as much natural talent as either of them.   The key will be to see if he can regain the form he had as a freshman, and I have confidence that Gailey and Patulo will develop him in the player he showed he is capable of being.  The player that was once considered the best qb prospect in college football a few short years ago.    To act like they picked some bum off the street with no pedigree either is just plain stupid.  We get it they didn't do what you wanted them to do so they must be wrong.   Hackenberg has been working out with Jordan Palmer, former QB and current QB Coach for the last few months.  The Jets Brain Trust worked him out in private workouts and decided to make the pick.  Do you REALLY THINK YOU KNOW MORE THAN THEY DO?    

Was not talking about Wentz and Goff. More like Lynch and Cook and yes I do know more than them. I am sure that the other two GMS that got fired for taking Sancez and Smith would probably say so to. If you took a poll on every GM in the league and say would you invest your 2nd round pick on a project and I'll bet you they say know. Tell me something if you know football so well than you know the most important position is QB. Right! Than why does Bill O'brien who loves Hackenberg so much lets his team invest in Osweiler who is an average QB in the NFL. Why not pick in the draft if he was so good.

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

Was not talking about Wentz and Goff. More like Lynch and Cook and yes I do know more than them. I am sure that the other two GMS that got fired for taking Sancez and Smith would probably say so to. If you took a poll on every GM in the league and say would you invest your 2nd round pick on a project and I'll bet you they say know. Tell me something if you know football so well than you know the most important position is QB. Right! Than why does Bill O'brien who loves Hackenberg so much lets his team invest in Osweiler who is an average QB in the NFL. Why not pick in the draft if he was so good.

Stopped reading after this.  You have lost whatever little credibility you had.  Have a good life.  

6 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

If you took a poll of every GM and say, who do you trust to pick the next Jets QB, Mac or TTW, you know what they'd say.

8 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

As a Jet fan for 45 years I would of rather had a better prospect in playing my QB position. We had two chances and we blew it. If you would of told me Hackenberg was the only other good QB in the draft like Geno was when he was chosen in the 2nd round it would of not piss me off. When you here statements like what Mike Mayock stated who I respect as an expert more than Kiper and Mcshay and he says Hackenberg scares him. He compares him to Cardale Jones as big throwers but who knows if they ever can develop into an NFL QB.  All Jet fans need to say their prayers. We are going to need it.

The only reason Mayock was upset by the pick was because it didnt coincide with his mock, which had Lynch at 20. I am I skeptical about the pick?  Hell ya, but if I knew talent they way a pro scout does I wouldnt be sitting behind a desk. I really wanted Lynch, but the more I read about Hack the more I like. He is only 21!! Give the kid a chance, hopefully we let him sit a full year.

9 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

That's how GM get fired.

Not over a second round pick when his firsts become sure fire players....Cmon Man!

Look at all the chances teams took early in the second on guys that have tremendous potential but have baggage or may not play a down in 2017.   Noah Spence could have an awesome career or never grow up.  J Smith could never play in the NFL or he could regain his college form.  I see them no differently than a reclamation project like Hackenburg.  Only that Hack is taking a chance on the most important position.  If you don't have the first pick. Everything else is playing odds.  Mac must believe our odds are better with a guy like Chan working with Hack.

Still no guarantee even with the first pick cause it's the draft....

I thought it interesting the Jets passed on Lynch, but in that regard I think the reason is most likely that he would have been a poor fit with them, as they saw it.  Hackenburg from reports had a great meeting, and did play a pro set offense his first year.  But two things also stood out:

1.  He seemed most comfortable throwing to his TE, and with opponents likely playing cover 2 on both Marshall and Decker, a TE is one of the best ways to break that coverage.  Only thing is unless Amaro comes back strong the Jets do not have a productive TE for Hackenberg to go to.

2.  Hackenberg sounds like a coaching prospect.  How will this CS handle him, and can they be effective grooming him while Fitzpatrick retains the starting job?  That's the wild card here, and I don't think anyone knows the answer at this point.

10 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Just like Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf were neck and neck as the two best QB's in their draft class. Just like Rick Mirer and Drew Bledsoe.

Just like Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Dan Marino , Joe Montana, weren't the "best QB's" in their respective drafts. 

You can't look at a 20 year old kid and absolutely predict his future by his college career. So much revolves around the situation they are put in, the surrounding coaching staffs and schemes , the team personnel and the individuals own mental fortitude.  Put Brady on the Cleveland Browns and he may have never even seen the field. 

I contend that if Geno or Sanchez were drafted into a different situation their careers might have been drastically different.  Being drafted as the key offensive position on a Rex Ryan coached team is probably the worst possible scenario any young QB can be put in. 

Hackenberg is going to a much better situation than what he came from, will he blossom - who knows , but as a Jets fan I can't see how even the possibility doesn't excite you.

pretty much everybody but the jets knew marino was destined to be a great qb-the jet fans did as well-I was there when it was announced -the infamous kenny o draft

10 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

As a Jet fan for 45 years I would of rather had a better prospect in playing my QB position. We had two chances and we blew it. If you would of told me Hackenberg was the only other good QB in the draft like Geno was when he was chosen in the 2nd round it would of not piss me off. When you here [LOL] statements like what Mike Mayock stated who I respect as an expert more than Kiper and Mcshay and he says Hackenberg scares him. He compares him to Cardale Jones as big throwers but who knows if they ever can develop into an NFL QB.  All Jet fans need to say their prayers. We are going to need it.

OK, this post proves you are posting based on pure emotion.  I guess you were butt hurt when he didn't draft the slug Paxton Lynch.  Cardale Jones and Hackenburg are nothing alike, BTW. Have you even watched tapes of them playing? I look forward to your posts next April/May when you make your absurd proclamations after the next draft too.

I was at ten of his qames-he sucks something awful but I understand the need for hope

If you are a jet fan and speak out against the pick right away you are attacked because you are not a football gm , scout or expert meanwhile most gms, and scouts also think he is a project that has a VERY questionable future

It is the same logic that Rex used with Sanchez-Sanchez gives us the best chance to win week in and week out when almost all fans knew he was broken-in the end the fans not the coach were right and Rex benched him

I am considering not renewing because Mac signed all the wrong priority free agents.  There were at least 6 Hall of Famers available after the draft and I know this because I looked them up in 20 draft guides and 3 of them said they had "upside" and 4 of my buddies I drink with agree.  Mac missed out on all of them and I am furious.

Had my season tickets since 1991 when I was 11 years old.  I go to games because I enjoy spending time with my friends and family every Sunday and have also made some great friends at the stadium over the past 25 seasons. 

As far as the moves go I see it like this  Hackenberg and Wilkerson is better than Fitzpatrick and no Wilkerson.  Wilkerson may be paid a lot and something will have to give but I'd rather have him on my team over Fitzpatrick.  People forget that Fitzpatrick threw 3 INTs in the fourth quarter with the season on the line.  Look as his 5 game win streak 1. Dolphins (under .500 team)  2.  Giants (under .500 team)  3.  Titans (worst team in the NFL)  4.  Cowboys (barely beat them and they were awful)  5.  Patriots (they also lost week 17 to the Dolphins)

Not saying last season wasn't an improvement but people have this thing that because we beat the Patriots in what was a very fun and exciting game that if we don't sign Fitzpatrick we are doomed.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

pretty much everybody but the jets knew marino was destined to be a great qb-the jet fans did as well-I was there when it was announced -the infamous kenny o draft

Which is why he was the 6th QB taken in that draft - everybody knew he was gonna be great :lol:

18 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Which is why he was the 6th QB taken in that draft - everybody knew he was gonna be great :lol:

two ahead of him were elway and kelly also in hall of fame-two busts and then kenny o

I was at the down town athletic club EVERY jet fan there wanted marino

19 minutes ago, kmnj said:

two ahead of him were elway and kelly also in hall of fame-two busts and then kenny o

I was at the down town athletic club EVERY jet fan there wanted marino

And two ahead of him were Todd Blackledge and Tony Eason. Marino was a noted druggie in college, scored like an 8 on the Wonderlic and was an overall douche , he had just as much of a possibility of flaming out ala Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell as he did of becoming a HOF QB.

It just proves what a crapshoot the draft is.  

Archived