Gailey: Giant Steps for Geno

Maxman

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, EM31 said:

And yet the same brains trust said Fitz was the starter if he came back and offered him $7M to do so.  Even though Geno was cheaper and already under contract.

Well, yes, if they're paying him 7 mil, he's starting.  Of course please find one single person in the brain trust who has said they'll pay the savior $7 mil.  

And of course this was before Chan saw him these past few weeks while Fitz was sucking his thumb crying for more money.  

For all the attempts at logic the simple one, that the Jets won't pay Fitz starting money is the one that says it all.

This is so Jets. Being semi extorted for an obscene contract by a journeyman who has been on a new team every other year of his career! I'm glad Maccagnan is holding his ground, agents clearly think our front office is clueless and we need to change the image!

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. That was a freak accident. Geno's was dumb. Step out of bounds, you're the only healthy QB able to play in the game. Take no chances. Just shows his lack of growth. 

This has to be the dumbest argument ever.  Fitzs injury was ok, Geno should have avoided it.

Of course the play was a long conversation for a 1st down.  Who care, he shouldn't have gone for it. 

Another pinhead is constantly saying Geno plays scared.  The whiners need to get on the same page.  

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

This is so Jets. Being semi extorted for an obscene contract by a journeyman who has been on a new team every other year of his career! I'm glad Maccagnan is holding his ground, agents clearly think our front office is clueless and we need to change the image!

I don't honestly know what happens with Fitzpatrick, but what I do know is he should fire his agent as soon as this fiasco is over because he absolutely F*CKED him this offseason.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don't honestly know what happens with Fitzpatrick, but what I do know is he should fire his agent as soon as this fiasco is over because he absolutely F*CKED him this offseason.

F*CKED himself actually.  Isn't he supposed to be a smart Harvard educated Finance major?  

Must have slept his way through supply & demand lectures.  

9 hours ago, AFJF said:

Now is the time for the Geno fans to soak it up and enjoy it while it lasts.

Question is, will they go with him to his new team if he gets cut?

Well that's just freaking stupid question..stop being an ignoramus.

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Damn...literally zero rebuttles to this. Threads over boys. JiF ethered all of you whiners.

This right here! While the Geno haters are clamoring for their journeyman hero to return, let it be known that Geno has played 29 games. Geno might not cut it but why is it all of a sudden after 11 years when Fitz walks into the best possible job, working with his mentor & throwing to 2 guys that have been in the top 10 in redzone production over the last 3 years Fitz has his best season EVER? Not one Jet fan on this board that wants to see how Geno would perform with a full camp, starter reps, while sitting & learning last year, playing with REALLY good position players is guaranteeing success. We just want to finally put these arguments here to bed regarding Geno & that he just plain sucks & will never amount to anything in the NFL.

Many, many people gave up on Fitz after he signed the big contract in Buffalo & fell on his face. But after 6 teams & many years of experience he got traded to the right SITUATION, there it is again, the situation means a lot in the NFL. Geno got to sit back & watch Fitz be a professional, put it on the line for the team & see him be rewarded by his teamates with their confidence. That's what young guys thrown into the fire don't learn without a mentor to guide them. Especially in a place like NY when you have absolutely no one to turn to or confide in. You guys think it was easy going out there trying to run Moronwegs complicated west coast offense with a bunch of guys that out of the NFL already? Having fans screaming & cursing at you, throw in a few racist comments, getting booed every week being blamed for the entire teams failures? The New York Jets under the guidance of Rex Ryan & GM Idzik at the same time the team was being dismantled & had some of the worst drafts in our history was cetainly NOT a good situation for developing a young immature QB. I want to see what he's learned from all of this. He's either a tough SOB that will put it all behind him & take the reigns of this team looking to prove all his doubters wrong. Or we'll find out he's mentally weak & is a broken QB with talent he can't harness. I think because athleticism & arm talent and his flashing it's worth it to find out.

11 hours ago, AFJF said:

Show me where I said that.

You imply it with everything you say.

all you want to do is give fitztragic all the credit for wins, and none for the losses.

you can't accept the fact he was a bottom ten quarterback, and boast over 31 tds, because you have your head up his ass.

you don't talk about all the missed throws and interceptions dropped because the jets faced bottom ten defenses, but Everytime fitztragic faced a top 15 D he threw multiple picks. 

But yet, you're quick to point out genos missed throws, why is that? But not talk about bottom ten QBR and YPA fitztragic because you have an hardon for him.

jets saw right through it, and if the jets wanted him back so much they would of already upped their offer to 12 mil+. It's time for you to accept the fact he's not that good pal

All fitztragic lovers want to do is love up on him and his 31 TDs, but not for him throwing multiple interceptions in 4 out of 6 games that we lost, because he was throwing sh*t passes and getting picked, and you know what teams those were against? Teams with half decent defenses. 

17 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

all you want to do is give fitztragic all the credit for wins, and none for the losses.

you can't accept the fact he was a bottom ten quarterback, and boast over 31 tds, because you have your head up his ass.

you don't talk about all the missed throws and interceptions dropped because the jets faced bottom ten defenses, but Everytime fitztragic faced a top 15 D he threw multiple picks. 

But yet, you're quick to point out genos missed throws, why is that? But not talk about bottom ten QBR and YPA fitztragic because you have an hardon for him.

jets saw right through it, and if the jets wanted him back so much they would of already upped their offer to 12 mil+. It's time for you to accept the fact he's not that good pal

Wrong.

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Damn...literally zero rebuttles to this. Threads over boys. JiF ethered all of you whiners.

Because it's a false statement.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This has to be the dumbest argument ever.  Fitzs injury was ok, Geno should have avoided it.

Of course the play was a long conversation for a 1st down.  Who care, he shouldn't have gone for it. 

Another pinhead is constantly saying Geno plays scared.  The whiners need to get on the same page.  

Besides this being barely English, you're arguing a straw man. I never said the injury was okay. I'm saying Geno's terrible decision making made it so that an already injured Fitz had to re-enter the game. If Geno is the starter and he has a healthy backup, his play is still not smart. With no viable backup on that day because of the injury, he can't be going for 2 extra yards and getting smacked like that. It's not smart football, which is what he's known for. Dumb decisions over and over and never learning. 

If Geno is the starter in 2016 and he's got Petty and Hack as his only back ups then he can't be taking risks like he did against Oakland. He'd be one hard hit away from rushing the prospects and no one wants that. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Besides this being barely English, you're arguing a straw man. I never said the injury was okay. I'm saying Geno's terrible decision making made it so that an already injured Fitz had to re-enter the game. If Geno is the starter and he has a healthy backup, his play is still not smart. With no viable backup on that day because of the injury, he can't be going for 2 extra yards and getting smacked like that. It's not smart football, which is what he's known for. Dumb decisions over and over and never learning. 

If Geno is the starter in 2016 and he's got Petty and Hack as his only back ups then he can't be taking risks like he did against Oakland. He'd be one hard hit away from rushing the prospects and no one wants that. 

Straw man argument?  You mean you get to decide who's injury was dumber than the other.  Oh, and who would friggen guess, the guy whos ass you suck all the time is the one youre ok with.  Fitz getting hurt, part of the game.  Geno running for a long gainer to convert a 3rd and long, not smart to you.  A terrible decision.  Did you ever play a sport that doesnt involve electronic hand controls?  You think Geno shouldnt have tried to get a first down because if he were to get injured, which he didnt, they would have to take him out of the game.  Even though thats exactly what you want to happen anytime he gets near the field.  Only a fool thinks that a player should play not to get hurt, to leave yards, conversions and points on the field out of fear of whos behind him.  Thats not how you play sports.

Geno's screwed up enough over his short career, dont make stupid shlt up to criticize.  Makes it apparent you dont know the game and are just whining to whine

I am kind of surprised that Gailey did not say that Geno looks awful and we are completely screwed if this guy has to start for us this year, usually coaches say things like that about their players, especially when there is an ongoing negotiation for last years starter....

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Because it's a false statement.

Because Fitz still, after 11 years, has accomplished what?  Other than to excite a portion of a desperate fanbase looking for its hero?

9 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I am kind of surprised that Gailey did not say that Geno looks awful and we are completely screwed if this guy has to start for us this year, usually coaches say things like that about their players, especially when there is an ongoing negotiation for last years starter....

Yeah because without a shred of evidence that this is in fact true, you think this nonsensical post means something.  Like Chan is making it up.  Nice try

1 hour ago, Colgateman said:

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Wrong.

So you actually talk about all the miss throws and int dropped along with everything else Colgate mentioned...or are you saying that what he's saying regarding Fitz is wrong to begin with? 

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Straw man argument?  You mean you get to decide who's injury was dumber than the other.  Oh, and who would friggen guess, the guy whos ass you suck all the time is the one youre ok with.  Fitz getting hurt, part of the game.  Geno running for a long gainer to convert a 3rd and long, not smart to you.  A terrible decision.  Did you ever play a sport that doesnt involve electronic hand controls?  You think Geno shouldnt have tried to get a first down because if he were to get injured, which he didnt, they would have to take him out of the game.  Even though thats exactly what you want to happen anytime he gets near the field.  Only a fool thinks that a player should play not to get hurt, to leave yards, conversions and points on the field out of fear of whos behind him.  Thats not how you play sports.

Geno's screwed up enough over his short career, dont make stupid shlt up to criticize.  Makes it apparent you dont know the game and are just whining to whine

For the record, this^^^^ is barely English and you're arguing a stawman with that electrical controllers comment! ;)

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Good lord. I don't know which is worse your aversion to apostrophes or your stance on this issue. If you are the only healthy player at your position in the game, it is in your best interest to play smart and not get injured. Geno Smith is not a smart football player. Period.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

This right here! While the Geno haters are clamoring for their journeyman hero to return, let it be known that Geno has played 29 games. Geno might not cut it but why is it all of a sudden after 11 years when Fitz walks into the best possible job, working with his mentor & throwing to 2 guys that have been in the top 10 in redzone production over the last 3 years Fitz has his best season EVER? Not one Jet fan on this board that wants to see how Geno would perform with a full camp, starter reps, while sitting & learning last year, playing with REALLY good position players is guaranteeing success. We just want to finally put these arguments here to bed regarding Geno & that he just plain sucks & will never amount to anything in the NFL.

Many, many people gave up on Fitz after he signed the big contract in Buffalo & fell on his face. But after 6 teams & many years of experience he got traded to the right SITUATION, there it is again, the situation means a lot in the NFL. Geno got to sit back & watch Fitz be a professional, put it on the line for the team & see him be rewarded by his teamates with their confidence. That's what young guys thrown into the fire don't learn without a mentor to guide them. Especially in a place like NY when you have absolutely no one to turn to or confide in. You guys think it was easy going out there trying to run Moronwegs complicated west coast offense with a bunch of guys that out of the NFL already? Having fans screaming & cursing at you, throw in a few racist comments, getting booed every week being blamed for the entire teams failures? The New York Jets under the guidance of Rex Ryan & GM Idzik at the same time the team was being dismantled & had some of the worst drafts in our history was cetainly NOT a good situation for developing a young immature QB. I want to see what he's learned from all of this. He's either a tough SOB that will put it all behind him & take the reigns of this team looking to prove all his doubters wrong. Or we'll find out he's mentally weak & is a broken QB with talent he can't harness. I think because athleticism & arm talent and his flashing it's worth it to find out.

Best and to me, most objectuve post I have read on this subject.  In am inertial agreement. I mean he was a second round pick, don't we want to know FOR SURE if Geno has matured and see what a year on the bench observing did for him.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Good lord. I don't know which is worse your aversion to apostrophes or your stance on this issue. If you are the only healthy player at your position in the game, it is in your best interest to play smart and not get injured. Geno Smith is not a smart football player. Period.

What you said earlier was with "perfect english" but it didnt make perfect sense. You're over emphasizing something that didnt actually happen (which is your strawman argument) by talking about Geno being stupid for a hit that could have injured him but didnt. The hit that injured him was later on in the 4th when D'Brick completely whiffed on a block and a defender got a clean hit to Geno's ribs. 

Yet, I cant find one quote from you, even with all of those "freak accident" videos that I presented to you in this very thread, saying that Ryan Fitzpatrick is dumb and its in the best interest to "Play smart and not get injured since you're the STARTER" etc, etc, etc. 

You're hating on Geno....with perfect english, but not with perfect sense given the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" strawman arguments while ignoring what ACTUALLY HAPPENED to Fitz given his stupidity. 

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because Fitz still, after 11 years, has accomplished what?  Other than to excite a portion of a desperate fanbase looking for its hero?

Two completely different conversations.

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah because without a shred of evidence that this is in fact true, you think this nonsensical post means something.  Like Chan is making it up.  Nice try

Chillax brah, I am saying people are reading into these quotes one way or the other way too deeply, take a chill pill, your boy Geno is going to likely get his chance, we will see if your boy can do what you all think he is going to, I hope he does.

2 hours ago, Colgateman said:

Implied...otherwise known as "didn't say"

38 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Just to be clear, just because Fitz was able to do what he did last year, despite his track record, which is nowhere near as the Smith lovahs make it out to be, does not imply Geno CAN do it. He MIGHT able to, but until he does, he hasn't. AND, the shortcomings of Smith and Fitzpatrick are completely different.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Geno could be an improved player in 2016 and sitting a year and watching probably helped him out a lot. After the punch out it seems he's handled things very well. I won't go by rumors but one you hear (I think by Schefter) is that the Jets really don't believe in him as starter even though we're hearing platitudes coming from Gailey. What's he supposed to say anyways. And if they think so highly of him why are the Jets still keeping the door open for Fitz this late. And saying they want him back as starting Qb. After failing with Buff after getting that contract and not living up to it Fitz played pretty well in stops on the way to the Jets. He was not a bum. I think the bottom line is again who gives us our best chance to win in 2016. You can analyze and take apart his play and production last season and you can do that for any Qb and make them look bad. The team was improved with him as our starter so why change it. Geno is the unknown and supposedly we are a playoff contender this year. To me Fitz gives us our best percentage chance to win now. 

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Two completely different conversations.

It's always been a different conversation. That's why people who can see that are instantly called "Geno Lovers". 

Example. We dont understand how people will continue to talk about how Geno is so incompetent and use the "around the back fumble" in the 4th game of his professional career, yet will disregard Fitz entire career and at the same time disregard Fitz throwing 3 INT's in a row in the final quarter of the season with the playoffs on the line along with the fact that this was Fitzpatricks 112th professional game, not his 4th. 

Its always two completely different conversations when you have one side exposing the hypocrisy and the other side ignoring it. 

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Again, you have no understanding of the game.  Only look for ways to kill the guy you dont like.  No one, anywhere is pushing this but of nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What you said earlier was "perfect english" but it didnt make perfect sense. You're over emphasizing something that didnt actually happen (which is your strawman argument) by talking about Geno being stupid for a hit that could have injured him but didnt. The hit that injured him was later on in the 4th when D'Brick completely whiffed on a block and a defender got a clean hit to Geno's ribs. 

Yet, I cant find one quote from you, even with all of those "freak accident" videos that I presented to you in this very thread, saying that Ryan Fitzpatrick is dumb and its in the best interest to "Play smart and not get injured since you're the STARTER" etc, etc, etc. 

You're hating on Geno....with perfect english, but not with perfect sense given the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" strawman arguments while ignoring what ACTUALLY HAPPENED to Fitz given his stupidity. 

Let's break this down. Geno Smith got hit hard unnecessarily but didn't leave the game at that point, but he did suffer a shoulder bruise on the play which left him after the game as "day-to-day". It's fairly obvious that that hit definitely played a role in him leaving the game later.

You won't find a quote from me about Fitz being dumb. He was playing reckless, like he had all year. Except, when he was doing it he had a healthy Geno Smith behind him. If Fitz had no one behind him, he wouldn't be able to play as reckless. I'm not sure how much clearer to make that to you. It's pretty obvious to anyone that's played an organized sport before.

I don't hate Geno. I just think he's a terrible football player. And 32 other GMs/coaches/whomever ESPN polled thinks so too, for 2 years in a row.

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Just to be clear, just because Fitz was able to do what he did last year, despite his track record, which is nowhere near as the Smith lovahs make it out to be, does not imply Geno CAN do it. He MIGHT able to, but until he does, he hasn't. AND, the shortcomings of Smith and Fitzpatrick are completely different.

Bingo, someone gets the point.  It also doesnt mean that Smith cant.  

15 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

For the record, this^^^^ is barely English and you're arguing a stawman with that electrical controllers comment! ;)

LOL, on a phone, while working.  Not quite the best way to get your ideas across.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, you have no understanding of the game.  Only look for ways to kill the guy you dont like.  No one, anywhere is pushing this but of nonsense.

This but of nonsense? The only nonsense here are your posts. I have no understanding of the game? Based on what? A few posts on the world wide web? That's quite the assumption.

4 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Chillax brah, I am saying people are reading into these quotes one way or the other way too deeply, take a chill pill, your boy Geno is going to likely get his chance, we will see if your boy can do what you all think he is going to, I hope he does.

Na, you have particular people not trying to accept the fact that Geno could be making strides in a conducive environment and because of that will rather believe that this all has to do with trying to leverage Ryan Fitzpatrick, which makes no sense if you really truly think about it. 

How can the jets leverage Fitz with a guy that was already on the team? Its not like they brought someone else in and obviously the Jets will start someone. So talking up Geno wouldnt do anything to influence Fitz because it's already been stated that the Jets want Fitz back but at their price. The actual leverage is that no other team wants Fitz, so he'll either be a Jet or semi-retired. The compliment had nothing to do with Fitz, which is what people like @Jet Nut is pointing out along with the nonsense behind the thought. 

The jets already have all of the leverage because they dont have to move in price nor compete with anyone for Fitz. Either Fitz will agree to the Jets terms or not. And lastly, those terms were set before Hackenberg was even drafted, that deal may be even further away now given the fact that they just invested in a QB with a high draft pick. 

Fitz played it wrong, and Chan Gailey was complimenting Geno based on Geno. Fitz conspiracy theorists need to let it go. 

Archived