what if geno is the answer ? ? ?

Jetscode1

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What am I backpedaling on? You know what? Let me make it crystal clear for you. 

Geno would have done no worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick. Better yet, I think we would have made the playoffs with Geno last season. 

Is that clear for you? 

I don't always make sh*tty arguments.

But when I do, I found them in unprovable statements, so that nothing can ever be proven right/wrong, and we can just go in circles over and over and over again.

Stay derpy my friend.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@BowlesMovement is the anomaly amongst those who prefer Fitz. His arguments are sh*tty, and he starts stupid thread. He's really more suited for the Geno camp, but we'll keep him anyway... simply because sometimes you have to fight booger-flinging with booger-flinging.

Not interested, but thanks for the offer, I am flattered.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

What am I backpedaling on? You know what? Let me make it crystal clear for you. 

Geno would have done no worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick. Better yet, I think we would have made the playoffs with Geno last season. 

Is that clear for you? 

You know I'm hearing this stuff and it's pure fantasy football. Geno would have done as well as Fitz did in 2015. Where's the proof of that. He played in one game and we lost by 2 Tds. It was our worst game of the season. He started the previous two years and was worst Qb in the NFL. Fitz had good stats. And then the same people say, well Fitz will suck in 2016. I mean, how do they know. These people predict the future the way they want it to be not the way it will be. And negativity about our team. I think we'll make the playoffs in 2016.?

39 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Fitzpatrick never won more than 6 games in his 10 year career before last year. He had the right group of players, the right coaching staff and the easiest schedule and suddenly he's made YOU into a believer. 

The only thing preposterous here is your position. 

Odds of Geno having gone 10-6 last season are equal to the odds of this waiting in my house when I get home today

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I prefer Fitz, because Geno looks lost. I'll take limited over lost every day... but I summed up why in one post, a long time ago. I didn't feel like I needed to scramble for, and/or manufacture, "proof points" that really have no basis just to counter the similarly baseless arguments of those advocating Geno be our QB. 

There are 3 personality archetypes contributing at this point:

1. insecure folks who are prone to over-rationalizing to try to sound smart, as well as escalation of commitment, or the sunk cost fallacy 
  2. trolls who draw entertainment from derpy conflict and getting the last word
  3. idealists who occasionally poke in to either bring civility to the argument, or point out that the redundancy of this conflict is damaging the JN site experience

At this point, I just prefer mocking those with the highest quotient of effort and bad logic. I've admittedly been bouncing back and forth between archetypes 2 and 3 for months.

Don't hurt your shoulder giving yourself that ole reach around........

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You know I'm hearing this stuff and it's pure fantasy football. Geno would have done as well as Fitz did in 2015. Where's the proof of that. He played in one game and we lost by 2 Tds. It was our worst game of the season. He started the previous two years and was worst Qb in the NFL. Fitz had good stats. And then the same people say, well Fitz will suck in 2016. I mean, how do they know. These people predict the future the way they want it to be not the way it will be. And negativity about our team. I think we'll make the playoffs in 2016.?

Thats cool. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

First, im not a Geno fan, I just know bullsh*t when I read it. I give the guy the benefit of the doubt given the circumstance that he was in. And no, I dont do what the people who compare Geno Smith to Jamarcus Russell and Kordell Stewart are doing.

Benefit of the doubt. Truly the stuff made of pussy willows. Take a stance - pro or anti Geno, pro or anti Fitz. We've seen what both have to offer at the respective points in their careers.  How anyone can support Geno is a mind****. He's a punk, bitch, ego maniac who doesn't possess the intangibles to be an NFL QB.  FO has no real loyalty to Geno as is evidenced by drafting 2 QB's in successive years to find 'their guy'. Mac for some unbeknownst Idziotic reason has kept Geno on this roster probably only because he's dirt cheap and he doesn't have the insight to see there are better options. The argument remains which QB is the better option for 2016 and the foreseeable future. The answer is written on the wall....Fitz, who totally bailed out Mac by having a Cinderella year.  Mac has offered him a reasonable contract for 3 years to start and then mentor/backup the kids. The FO WANTS Fitz. He's a positive influence and a security blanket until someone emerges or in Geno's case, hits the deck face down.  Heck, Fitz may even start in year 2-3 if the kids don't get out of kindergarten. Nowhere has Mac or Bowles given Geno any kind of future endorsement. This will be Geno's last year in Green and White regardless of what happens......guaranteed.  

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The team gave up the most points of the season which didn't exactly help Geno who was 27- 42 with 2 tds and 1 pick.. No one knows how Geno would have done with last years team but we would have if his big mouth didn't get his jaw broken..:)

If Geno is the answer we will find out this year. If he isn't we'll probably draft a QB. Either way Fitz's time here is at an end. Last year Fitz couldn't beat any of the better defenses we faced (except the Pats whom Miami beat the week after). I think that showed the coaching staff and management that Fitz is a waste of time. NFL management don't care about subjective intangibles like whether someone is liked. They care about talent, potential and results.

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The team gave up the most points of the season which didn't exactly help Geno who was 27- 42 with 2 tds and 1 pick.. No one knows how Geno would have done with last years team but we would have if his big mouth didn't get his jaw broken..:)

I agree it wasn't all Geno's fault that Oakland game just like it wasn't all Fitz's fault on week 17. But to me it showed the team didn't play well under him. The D was terrible that game. They played a lot better incl. week 17 in all of the other games. So I'll make a hypothesis: that Jets players play better with Fitz as Qb than with Geno. A lot better. As  we all should know, football is more mental than physical. 

1 minute ago, elgoman said:

If Geno is the answer we will find out this year. If he isn't we'll probably draft a QB. Either way Fitz's time here is at an end.

Hm... low post count and a very intelligent comment.  Here's to hoping you're from the Jets PR department, leaking information so we don't have to worry any longer.

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

I'm pretty sure you know Geno isn't the worst in the NFL but your purposely acting ignorant to support your agenda.

Not sure why you'd think that.  He was the worst QB in the NFL his two years as a starter.  He was then the most embarrassing QB in the NFL in year 3.

Until he proves otherwise, he is what he is.  You don't get to no longer be the worst without actually proving it on the field.

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

The '13 and '14 Jets may have produced the worst starting QB in the NFL, but that's obviously not all on Geno.  The rookie with bad coaching and no weaponzzz around him.

If you say so.  Looked like most of it was on him when I watched those games, but you're certainly free to think otherwise.  Bad as our WR's may have been, Geno Smith made them all much worse with his play and poor decision making.  

With that said, and as I've said all along, 2016 is Geno's chance.  Make the Coaches unable to play someone else.  Make them say "Fitz who?".  Make them revoke the deal on offer to Fitz with the quality of his play in camp.  Then go out and kick ass this year and prove all his supporters right, that it wasn't his fault.  be assured, his doubters will be happy as anyone to see it happen.

14 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Don't hurt your shoulder giving yourself that ole reach around........

My arms are especially long, given the whole monkey thing... I'm good.

Stop being all salty because I made an example of you. Now you're acting like Villain even more trying to save face with limp-wristed counterpunches. 

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Wtf?  I'm guessing you never played.

Sandlot football with no helmets. Now do you understand.:huh: But anyways, everything is more mental than physical. That's why JJ Watt is better than the Incredible Hulk.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

My arms are especially long, given the whole monkey thing... I'm good.

Stop being all salty because I made an example of you. Now you're acting like Villain even more trying to save face with limp-wristed counterpunches. 

Relax chump, just counter punching your cheap shot. Be a man and take it...... Then move on.....

18 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Benefit of the doubt. Truly the stuff made of pussy willows. Take a stance - pro or anti Geno, pro or anti Fitz. We've seen what both have to offer at the respective points in their careers.  How anyone can support Geno is a mind****. He's a punk, bitch, ego maniac who doesn't possess the intangibles to be an NFL QB.  FO has no real loyalty to Geno as is evidenced by drafting 2 QB's in successive years to find 'their guy'. Mac for some unbeknownst Idziotic reason has kept Geno on this roster probably only because he's dirt cheap and he doesn't have the insight to see there are better options. The argument remains which QB is the better option for 2016 and the foreseeable future. The answer is written on the wall....Fitz, who totally bailed out Mac by having a Cinderella year.  Mac has offered him a reasonable contract for 3 years to start and then mentor/backup the kids. The FO WANTS Fitz. He's a positive influence and a security blanket until someone emerges or in Geno's case, hits the deck face down.  Heck, Fitz may even start in year 2-3 if the kids don't get out of kindergarten. Nowhere has Mac or Bowles given Geno any kind of future endorsement. This will be Geno's last year in Green and White regardless of what happens......guaranteed.  

lmao. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I agree it wasn't all Geno's fault that Oakland game just like it wasn't all Fitz's fault on week 17. But to me it showed the team didn't play well under him. The D was terrible that game. They played a lot better incl. week 17 

Except for Revis

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I agree it wasn't all Geno's fault that Oakland game just like it wasn't all Fitz's fault on week 17. But to me it showed the team didn't play well under him. The D was terrible that game. They played a lot better incl. week 17 in all of the other games. So I'll make a hypothesis: that Jets players play better with Fitz as Qb than with Geno. A lot better. As  we all should know, football is more mental than physical. 

So it wasnt all Geno's fault during the oakland game just like it wasnt all Fitz fault week 17. So, if thats what you say then how is it that this "showed" you that the team didnt play well under Geno? If all things being the same then the team didnt play well under Fitz as well. And Fitz week 17 performance was much worse than a solid Geno game against Oakland. Matter of fact, look at both Bills games and look at Fitz performance. Neither game was better than Geno's Oakland performance, and thats with having, wait for it.... "chemistry". 

This statement of yours is nothing more than an excuse in order to sweep Fitz poor performance(s) under the rug. Fitzpatrick threw 3 picks in the 4th quarter and completed less than 45% of his passes, cant blame that on Revis. He completed less than 45% of his passes against buffalo in the first game as well, so his production in the first game (outside of the 3 ints in the 4th but instead throwing 2 in that game) didnt change. He played like sh*t both games and the Jets lost both games. Geno didnt play like sh*t in the Oakland game. Completing 65% of your passes, rushing for 35 yards, throwing 2 TD's and a pick with no chemistry while being called upon at a moment's notice isnt a "fault". Nice try though.

If the roles were reversed and Fitz had Geno's stats against Oakland and if it was Geno in week 17 throwing 3 picks in the 4th quarter to end our season and hopes for a playoff spot while completing just 43% of his passes you would have not said the highlighted part above and the Geno haters would have been all over this, talking about it to no f'ing end. 

1 hour ago, BowlesMovement said:

Relax chump, just counter punching your cheap shot. Be a man and take it...... Then move on.....

You're missing the point, as usual. 

Your counters are lame, and just subject you to losing your footing... I'm here to help.

Archived