RV - Anyone here own one?

Maxman

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, I just saw this... I guess let us know what you find out?

Still though, do you know if people stay the night? For me, living out-of-state, that'd be the ideal... come down, drink, Jets, sleep, drive home next day.

Yes as Duane said you definitely can't stay over night.  5 hours before the game, 1 hour after.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never really read all of the rules before lol. Drones not allowed. Same for open fires.

RV parking along the curbs. It doesn't say you need a special pass. Interesting. Anyone know if this is true?

46 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Made an offer that was accepted today.

I have insurance lined up. Working on the financing and getting the inspection lined up.

Pretty pumped!

Show us some pics pretty cool I always wanted to do something RV related for Jets games for the 18 years I had season tickets I almost bought a van and did it up Jets 

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Show us some pics pretty cool I always wanted to do something RV related for Jets games for the 18 years I had season tickets I almost bought a van and did it up Jets 

Getting it inspected and hope to finalize the sale next week. I really would love to have it at the next preseason game so hopefully I can get it all wrapped up soon.

I will definitely post pictures.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Getting it inspected and hope to finalize the sale next week. I really would love to have it at the next preseason game so hopefully I can get it all wrapped up soon.

Uncle Tony will be so proud of you! Congrats!

Looking forward to my invite for the ride in for the Rams game :) 

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

If its a diesel it doesn't need to be inspected or if its older than 25 years. 

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

If its a diesel it doesn't need to be inspected or if its older than 25 years. 

The inspection isn't DMV kind of inspection. It is someone giving me a detailed report of the RV, motor and all the components inside and out.Just checking out the investment, that kind of thing.

27 minutes ago, BP said:

Do you need a cdl license to drive that?

No, a CDL isn't required.

This process has been frustrating. I made an offer on the 34 foot model. The offer was accepted. But it was a 2005 so I had a hard time getting financing, every bank\lender I spoke to didn't lend if it is older than a 2007. While I was trying to work that out, the two inspection companies I called couldn't get anyone to go to this RV in Vermont. They didn't have anyone close. Well one guy was but he just had back surgery apparently. I hope he feels better soon, lol.

The owner of the RV calls while I am looking for another inspector and says he has a local buyer that is interested. It was a day before a chemo treatment for Lauren so I told him sell it to them, I am not going to be able to get up there this week. I don't think the owner expected me to do that but I am not getting into a competitive situation after I already told him I was buying it and I agreed to his price.

So ... I went back to the first RV that I wanted. It is a 2007 so I can get financing and it is a few feet smaller which is good. 31 foot - Class A - with two slide outs and it only has like 28,000 miles. Lots of upgrades!

It got inspected today and I hope to have the inspection report by tomorrow. This way I can finalize the deal and schedule my flight to Florida to drive it back home.

I can't wait. Tailgating week one in the new RV is going to be sweet. Tailgating in it every week is going to be sweet.

The best part is Lauren's last chemo treatment is on 9/13. When she is done we are going on a trip. Whether she likes it or not, haha! Time to celebrate.

Also found a place to park it close by, about 5 minutes from my house. Actually Lauren found it, the closest I found was $125 a month to park and it was 40 minutes from me in North Brunswick. She found a place 5 minutes from us and it was a lot cheaper. Not too bad. Getting really pumped. Wish I could have had it for some Springsteen tailgating but week one for the Jets will do!

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How much you charge for an annual cleaning vs. a root canal?

SAR I

I don't do root canals. But I have a brochure on our cavity search procedure. We recommend once a month and they are $79 each, check your email lol.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I haven't closed yet so I should be posting pictures. But what the hell, here is one more.  

RV.png

Looks great, congratulations!

would like to get one of those for the cross country trip once the 401k rings that bell and in the meantime it should make tailgating a breeze, no reason to sit in traffic, fire up the generator and watch the next game on TV, enjoy 

Its a beautiful coach max.  Lots of fun times ahead.  Driving it will be so much fun.  Probably a 454 or a 460 had both and both are great. 

You should try hitting a good music festival as well.  Plus good campsites.  Its too good for just tailgating

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

No, a CDL isn't required.

This process has been frustrating. I made an offer on the 34 foot model. The offer was accepted. But it was a 2005 so I had a hard time getting financing, every bank\lender I spoke to didn't lend if it is older than a 2007. While I was trying to work that out, the two inspection companies I called couldn't get anyone to go to this RV in Vermont. They didn't have anyone close. Well one guy was but he just had back surgery apparently. I hope he feels better soon, lol.

The owner of the RV calls while I am looking for another inspector and says he has a local buyer that is interested. It was a day before a chemo treatment for Lauren so I told him sell it to them, I am not going to be able to get up there this week. I don't think the owner expected me to do that but I am not getting into a competitive situation after I already told him I was buying it and I agreed to his price.

So ... I went back to the first RV that I wanted. It is a 2007 so I can get financing and it is a few feet smaller which is good. 31 foot - Class A - with two slide outs and it only has like 28,000 miles. Lots of upgrades!

It got inspected today and I hope to have the inspection report by tomorrow. This way I can finalize the deal and schedule my flight to Florida to drive it back home.

I can't wait. Tailgating week one in the new RV is going to be sweet. Tailgating in it every week is going to be sweet.

The best part is Lauren's last chemo treatment is on 9/13. When she is done we are going on a trip. Whether she likes it or not, haha! Time to celebrate.

awesome! have fun buddy!

43 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Looks nice, good luck!  Happy I will now have a place to take a dump at the games, those Port-a Potty's are brutal.

LOL! He might want to hire your son as security. Duane is getting old, and well Shane is just too nice of a kid. Max needs sh*tter security!

Archived