Training camp thread 08/05/16

JETSfaninNE

3 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Tomorrow's practice is a must see. I got 1 ticket for August 21 practice. Ready to swap it for tomorrow's practice. Any takers? 

Wish I had a ticket to swap with you as tommorows practice more then likely will be moved insided, and closed to public.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Wish I had a ticket to swap with you as tommorows practice more then likely will be moved insided, and closed to public.

Dang it Lupz. Storm again tomorrow? 

Edit: Checked the weather report. My offer is off the table. :) Thanks Lupz

This has probably been brewing between Marshall and Revis for a long time. I remember when Marshall was with Miami and Revis destroyed him mentally and physically. Don't think Marshall forgot about that. I love Bowles attitude. He's a football guy and legitimately tough. A lot tougher in real life than Rex Ryan. I think it's a good thing for Revis. It shows that he's still super competitive and doesn't give an s about anybody's feelings. Let Fitz deal with Marshall and make sure to get him primed for the regular season. A guy like that you have to keep him confident and in the right frame of mind. Revis probably really did a job on his fragile ego. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

This has probably been brewing between Marshall and Revis for a long time. I remember when Marshall was with Miami and Revis destroyed him mentally and physically. Don't think Marshall forgot about that. I love Bowles attitude. He's a football guy and legitimately tough. A lot tougher in real life than Rex Ryan. I think it's a good thing for Revis. It shows that he's still super competitive and doesn't give an s about anybody's feelings. Let Fitz deal with Marshall and make sure to get him primed for the regular season. A guy like that you have to keep him confident and in the right frame of mind. Revis probably really did a job on his fragile ego. 

If a good corner like revis isn't getting under his receivers skin he's not doing his job. I remember that Miami game... the alleged PI that fatso was screaming about on the radio after until revis hung up on him. Good times

cross posting from the other thread 

I think this is how it went down.  This isn't 100% sourced though but I guess Marshall spoke after practice.

Marshall says Revis punched him first.
"I can't let nobody slap me in the face." - Marshall
Marshall: "I caught a comeback and he took that personal. Said you won't disrespect me again. That's not OK. But it's done. That's football.
Brandon Marshall: Darrelle and I are super close...
Our real opponent is going to be Cincinnati and the guys after that... It's done.
Marshall: "There's a line, and I may have crossed it. I feel bad about cursing the ref. I should have never taken it out on the ref." (He was pissed the ref didn't throw a flag at Revis)
Marshall: "I love to practice against DR. I just felt like the way he handled things in 1 on 1s (taunting) was like you'd treat a rookie."
Marshall on Revis being back. "Oh yea, for sure he's back....He's the Darrelle of old."
Marshall says Revis is back... He's seeing everything amazingly, breaking up a lot of balls... This is the most competitive we've been.

9 minutes ago, cant wait said:

If a good corner like revis isn't getting under his receivers skin he's not doing his job. I remember that Miami game... the alleged PI that fatso was screaming about on the radio after until revis hung up on him. Good times

Marshall dropped an 80 yard TD on him and they promptly moved him to the other side of the field. No worries. Coach knows what he's doing. 

Todd Bowles better reel in Brandon Marshall it seems he's going back to his old ways and Revis needs a talking to also. Winning teams strive for UNITY. 

You can clearly see this every time Brady misses one of his receivers or his offensive line collapses

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Marshall just made the fire of hell burn in Revis. He brought up the Hopkins game...I bet any of you he comes back and doesn't give Marshall the same ammo next training camp. He'll lock down every WR we face this year. People shouldn't doubt Darrelle, he has counted on himself enough times to be a very rich person.

Jets camp Day 8 injury report: Matt Forte sits again, Juston Burris departs

By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

FLORHAM PARK — Here's a look at the Jets' injury report coming out of their eighth training camp practice, on Friday: 

• RB Matt Forte (hamstring): He again did not practice. He has practiced just once in this camp, on Tuesday. He did only position drills that day. He won't participate in the Jets' preseason opener Thursday against the Jaguars. Jets coach Todd Bowles said Friday that Forte hasn't experienced any setbacks with his hamstring — the same thing Bowles has been saying. The Jets are just being deliberate with Forte's rehab, which is prudent. No reason to rush him back. 

Bowles said he is not frustrated by Forte's continued absence at practice, because "a lot of people get nicked up" at this time of year. Bowles said Forte being in pads and getting some work Tuesday, and then not practicing from Wednesday through Friday is "part of the training program." Some days, Bowles said, Forte does rehab work inside, and other days, he goes outside and does some practice stuff. 

"He was inside [Friday]," Bowles said. "He got a full workout inside." 

• CB Darrelle Revis (wrist surgery): For the second straight day, he got significant action in team periods. These were Revis' first two full-participation practices since the end of last season. And on Friday, when wide receiver Brandon Marshall took a swing at him, Revis' surgically repaired right wrist looked just fine while he jammed Marshall off the line of scrimmage. So it looks like Revis is back, even as the Jets still limit his practice reps a bit. 

• CB Juston Burris (unknown): The rookie fourth-round draft pick exited practice and went inside with trainers after colliding with tight end Brandon Bostick, when Burris tried to break up a pass. Bowles said immediately after practice that he wasn't sure about the nature or severity of Burris' injury. Bostick also was shaken up on the play, but he seemed to emerge fine, while Burris got the worst of the collision. Burris has done some promising things in this camp.

• Who else was absent? Cornerback Dexter McDougle (hamstring), running back Bernard Pierce (hamstring), tight end Zach Sudfeld (knee), wide receiver Kyle Williams (leg), and safety Ronald Martin, whom Bowles said just had a child. Well, not Martin, specifically. But you know what we mean. 

• And the PUP list? Still the same: wide receiver Devin Smith (ACL tear), defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson (leg), right tackle Breno Giacomini (back), and running back Khiry Robinson (leg). 

Darryl Slater may be reached at dslater@njadvancemedia.com.

Archived