August 17th TC tweets/coverage

AFJF

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Its hard to fathom, but Fitz is actually throwing the ball deep.  60+ yards through the air.  He actually overthrew several 60+ yarders yesterday by a few yards.

It was never that he couldn't throw a ball 60 yards. The trick is to do it with accuracy. 

I'd be happy if Fitz could throw it outside the hash-marks on a frozen rope.

Teams would stack the middle of the field no deeper than 20 yards and dare Fitz to throw the quick out.

He'll need to  hit some deep passes early in the season to keep D's honest.

2 hours ago, Shadetree said:

It was never that he couldn't throw a ball 60 yards. The trick is to do it with accuracy. 

This is true, the issue with fitz and the deep ball is that he has to start his throwing motion early to compensate for the lack of arm strength. which means he doesn't have time for the receiver to get separation. fortunately he's got a couple of big tall WR's here that can go up and make plays if the ball is somewhat in their vicinity 

13 minutes ago, cant wait said:

This is true, the issue with fitz and the deep ball is that he has to start his throwing motion early to compensate for the lack of arm strength. which means he doesn't have time for the receiver to get separation. fortunately he's got a couple of big tall WR's here that can go up and make plays if the ball is somewhat in their vicinity 

This.  Pennington could throw it 50 or 60 as well but if its a balloon up there, its not a good pass.

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

i wonder if he took the criticism last year to heart that he couldn't throw the deep ball well, and worked on it this offseason.  maybe this story will emerge sometime during the season.  you don't all of a sudden throw the ball 10 yards farther when you're 33.

He's probably just putting everything into his throws in practice.  You tend not to be accurate when you do that, though.

3 hours ago, Larz said:

he was coming off a broken leg and probably got hurt here and there scrambling.  He is probably just healthy

the bone was healed, but he probably needed time to 'rebuild' his leg muscles for strength and stamina - not every QB can throw the ball 60 yards downfield just using his arm...

Didn't want to start another training camp but this year was a bust for me. Not being able to attend because I'm not a season ticket holder really sucked the Jets handled this piss poor in my opinion. In years past I went to 2-3 practices and always had a good time. Woody Johnson you need to fix this mess and fix it quick not all fans are season ticket holders but we are still dedicated lifelong fans and deserve better. 

44 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

the bone was healed, but he probably needed time to 'rebuild' his leg muscles for strength and stamina - not every QB can throw the ball 60 yards downfield just using his arm...

no doubt, good point

6 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

i wonder if he took the criticism last year to heart that he couldn't throw the deep ball well, and worked on it this offseason.  maybe this story will emerge sometime during the season.  you don't all of a sudden throw the ball 10 yards farther when you're 33.

HGH

Archived