Broncos getting tired of Sanchez mistakes

AFJF

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't think they want to rush him like we did w/ Geno.  ease him in, take some pressure off. 

He'll get an opportunity. I heard he and Sanchez have been neck and neck during TC. Paxton Lynch looked good game 1 as well. 

At least this won't be another circus out there for Sanchez. 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's why it never made sense to me that the Jets drafted Geno Smith, who was basically a carbon copy of Mark Sanchez in the mind numbing mistakes department. Physical tools be damned, these guys just can't get out of their own way.

Idzik needed to mark his turf 

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Exactly. People forget that Sanchez was "good enough" to get to 2 AFC championship games when surrouded by a good supporting case. Denver has better talent than those Jets teams did so they should be fine with Sanchez. He isn't going to make them better, but he is good enough to win 10 games. 

Being "good enough" may be true, but he was also pretty useless in both of those championship games.  And while the Broncos have a better defense than what the Jets did in those days (or at least they did last year), the saving grace for the Jets' offense was a running game far superior to that of Denver.  While they're not ultimately doomed, the point is essentially that any possibility of Bronco's success would have to be in spite of their QB, not because of him.

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Being "good enough" may be true, but he was also pretty useless in both of those championship games.  And while the Broncos have a better defense than what the Jets did in those days (or at least they did last year), the saving grace for the Jets' offense was a running game far superior to that of Denver.  While they're not ultimately doomed, the point is essentially that any possibility of Bronco's success would have to be in spite of their QB, not because of him.

the difference is, the jets had no choice.  they traded up to get him and were going to play him.  the broncos have other options and are all in on lynch.

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

useless? he led us to a double digit lead in the Colts title game then nearly brought us back from 24-0.  he and the O gave us a chance to win that game, the D cost us BOTH championship games.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

useless? he led us to a double digit lead in the Colts title game then nearly brought us back from 24-0.  he and the O gave us a chance to win that game, the D cost us BOTH championship games.

Both were on Rex. His defense got embarrassed by Peyton and they treated the Patriot game like the last Super Bowl that would ever be played.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Both were on Rex. His defense got embarrassed by Peyton and they treated the Patriot game like the last Super Bowl that would ever be played.

it's extra embarrassing to get embarrassed by peyton in the playoffs since he usually folds(like he did the next year).  Indy was better than us though and we had a ton of injuries in the secondary then lost Greene.  we were better than Pitt, he did a poor job getting his team ready for that one.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

We scored zero points in the second half against the Colts.

his D was given a double digit lead against one of the legendary chokers of all time w/ the #1 ranked defense.  

In the 2nd half we lost Green early and had no threat of a run game w/ a rookie QB and 2 elite pass rushers coming after him w/ no worries about the run.  The D needed to step up, they didn't.

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol he still sucked with a great supporting cast.  Year 7 of his career and nothing has changed.  Sure, he is in superb physical shape compared to Peyton, but all that means is the throws he'll be making will be perfect spirals to the wrong team.

Well he was a rookie his first year and almost got to the Super Bowl his second year.  The rest of the teams he played on sucked

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it's extra embarrassing to get embarrassed by peyton in the playoffs since he usually folds(like he did the next year).  Indy was better than us though and we had a ton of injuries in the secondary then lost Greene.  we were better than Pitt, he did a poor job getting his team ready for that one.

I remember in that second Colts game Schotty was attempting to go extra conservative down the stretch but Sanchez and Edwards had to convince him to actually "take a shot" and they called the play. This was the result. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I remember in that second Colts game Schotty was attempting to go extra conservative down the stretch and Sanchez and Edwards had to convince him to actually "take a shot" and they called the play. This was the result. 

that was the next year in the WC round.  He trusted his QB and WR, what an ending that was and the next week.

Just now, nyjunc said:

that was the next year in the WC round.  He trusted his QB and WR, what an ending that was and the next week.

I remember counting it down given that we had to face the top elite QB's in the AFC that year and we were handling business. Defeated Peyton then Brady and almost got Ben. 

Sanchez has good memories here. 

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

As Tuna's D did in the Denver/Jet AFCCG giving up 23 unanswered points in the 2nd half.. So I guess you can say both the D and the O sucked as well in that one..:)

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I remember counting it down given that we had to face the top elite QB's in the AFC that year and we were handling business. Defeated Peyton then Brady and almost got Ben. 

Sanchez has good memories here. 

I was lucky enough to go to both the NE and Pitt games, that Stadium was incredibly nervous in Pitt when we scored to pull w/in 5 w/ plenty of time left.  I just wish we could have gotten one more stop and given the O a chance.  

Mark was awful in 2012 but he had the worst weapons in the league and Tony Sparano running the show(not to mention tebow).  people forget all the good he did his first few years.  was he great? of course not but he made a lot of big plays for us.

5 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

As Tuna's D did in the Denver/Jet AFCCG giving up 23 unanswered points in the 2nd half.. So I guess you can say both the D and the O sucked as well in that one..:)

Yep, 10-0 lead in the 3rd qtr and another blown lead by a Belichick D in a big spot.

Our O was bad in the '98 title game but it was really windy and we couldn't hold on to the ball.  Vinny was great most of the game but he couldn't throw it and catch it.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I was lucky enough to go to both the NE and Pitt games, that Stadium was incredibly nervous in Pitt when we scored to pull w/in 5 w/ plenty of time left.  I just wish we could have gotten one more stop and given the O a chance.  

Mark was awful in 2012 but he had the worst weapons in the league and Tony Sparano running the show(not to mention tebow).  people forget all the good he did his first few years.  was he great? of course not but he made a lot of big plays for us.

Yep, 10-0 lead in the 3rd qtr and another blown lead by a Belichick D in a big spot.

Our O was bad in the '98 title game but it was really windy and we couldn't hold on to the ball.  Vinny was great most of the game but he couldn't throw it and catch it.

Vinny had twice the passing yardage of Elway in that game but the Bronco's had a back that I think should be in the HOF.. Without Terrell Davis Elway doesn't go out with 2 bowl wins.. In 1998 Elway had 22 tds passing Davis had 21 rushing..

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Vince Young and Ryan Leaf both threw 11 int's their last years in college how did they turn out?

And?  What does that have to do with it?  I said some can't transfer their game to the NFL level.  

Point is when you draft a player it's a crap shoot.  

When you draft a QB the chance of success is even lower.  But 42 TDs with only 6 INTs given the amount of throws he attempted isn't a player who was a turnover machine in college.  

Vinny had twice the passing yardage of Elway in that game but the Bronco's had a back that I think should be in the HOF.. Without Terrell Davis Elway doesn't go out with 2 bowl wins.. In 1998 Elway had 22 tds passing Davis had 21 rushing..

No doubt about it, TD led those teams.  The big play in that game was made by Elway though, after we scored to take the 10-0 lead he came right back w/ a bomb to McCaffery and they took off from there.

Just now, nyjunc said:

No doubt about it, TD led those teams.  The big play in that game was made by Elway though, after we scored to take the 10-0 lead he came right back w/ a bomb to McCaffery and they took off from there.

And I would be remiss if I didn't add our HOF back 14 yds rushing Terrell Davis 167..:P

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Big play was the kick that died and became a turnover. 

Speaking of turnovers that have a impact what about the Sanchez fumble td turnover that was the difference in the Pitt AFCCG..:ph34r:

Shhh, don't tell nyjunc, lol

Byars hurt us too that day. 

12 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

And I would be remiss if I didn't add our HOF back 14 yds rushing Terrell Davis 167..:P

Curtis didn't have the blocking TD had, Curtis was getting mauled behind the LOS every play.

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When our RB went out.  Leaving the offense to Sanchez

Thomas Jones was on fumes, when we lost Green we had no run game in that dome against those pass rushers.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Big play was the kick that died and became a turnover. 

That was another one.

Speaking of turnovers that have a impact what about the Sanchez fumble td turnover that was the difference in the Pitt AFCCG..:ph34r:

I'm glad you asked.  First of I am still not convinced it wasn't a forward pass BUT they called it a fumble.  Hypothetically he holds onto the ball, we punt from our EZ and Pitt has the ball near midfield.  It was 17-0 before that fumble so if we punted Pitt is likely getting at least a  FG to make it 20-0 if not a TD.  Remember we went right down the field for a FG to cut it to 24-3 at the half so no fumble and it's likely a 20 pt deficit, w/ the fumble it was 21.  Not much of a difference.  The difference in the game was the D needing a stop late w/ plenty of time, they could have allowed 1 1st down but not 2- they allowed 2 and the game was over.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Curtis didn't have the blocking TD had, Curtis was getting mauled behind the LOS every play.

Thomas Jones was on fumes, when we lost Green we had no run game in that dome against those pass rushers.  

That was another one.

I'm glad you asked.  First of I am still not convinced it wasn't a forward pass BUT they called it a fumble.  Hypothetically he holds onto the ball, we punt from our EZ and Pitt has the ball near midfield.  It was 17-0 before that fumble so if we punted Pitt is likely getting at least a  FG to make it 20-0 if not a TD.  Remember we went right down the field for a FG to cut it to 24-3 at the half so no fumble and it's likely a 20 pt deficit, w/ the fumble it was 21.  Not much of a difference.  The difference in the game was the D needing a stop late w/ plenty of time, they could have allowed 1 1st down but not 2- they allowed 2 and the game was over.

It's no coincidence that every team we played had a game plan of loading the box and making Sanchez throw to win.  He was a nightmare ready to happen if he didn't have everything set up just right for his limited game

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's no coincidence that every team we played had a game plan of loading the box and making Sanchez throw to win.  He was a nightmare ready to happen if he didn't have everything set up just right for his limited game

fast forward to 1:39 mark

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

That was another one.

Your giving them points that didn't happen I was talking about what did happen.. In the 2nd half the D shut out the Steelers that is also fact not fiction.. The game is played on the field in reality not what you think may happen in your mind..:)

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I suppose not completely useless, but just mostly useless.  He had about 2 good drives in each game.  In the Colts game he no-showed in 3 out of 4 quarters.  As a rookie with a running game that was useless that day, I have no problem giving him a pass on that, but he deserves absolutely no praise for it either.  In the Steelers game, he was responsible for 7 Steelers' points in a 5 point loss, which is made only worse when you consider the Jets O only put up 17.  That's plain awful.

Archived