Broncos getting tired of Sanchez mistakes

AFJF

32 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Eli played well(as did Sanchez) but the Giants won b/c of incredible D and STs.  it is very difficult to outduel Favre and Romo in the playoffs:lol:

2007:

TB: D allowed 14 pts, TB averaged 21 PPG in reg season.  -7, also forced 3 TOs

Dal: D allowed 17, Dal averaged 28 PPG. -11, forced 1 TO

GB: D allowed 20 in 5 qtrs, GB averaged 27 PPG. -7, forced 2 TOs(including one that led to FG that won the game)

NE: D allowed 14 pts, NE averaged 37 PPG, -23, forced 1 TO

totals: 16.3 PPG against O's that averaged 28 PPG.  held to minus 12, forced 7 TOs in 4 games

2011:

Atl: D allowed zero points, Atl averaged 25 PPG, -25, 0 TOs

GB: D allowed 20 pts, GB averaged 35 PPG, -15, forced 4 TOs

SF: D allowed 17 pts in 5 qtrs, SF averaged 24 PPG, -7, forced 2 TOs(which led to all NYG pts in 2nd half and OT including GW FG)

NE: D allowed 17 pts, NE averaged 32 PPG, -15, forced 1 TO

totals: 13.5 PPG against O's that averaged 29 PPG. held to minus 15.5, forced 7 TOs in 4 games

2009:

Cin: D allowed 14, Cin averaged 19 PPG, -5.forced 2 TOs

SD: D allowed 14, SD averaged 28 PPG, -14, forced 2 TOs

Ind: D allowed 30, Ind averaged 26, +4, forced 1 TO

totals: 19.3 PPG against O's that averaged 24.3 PPG. held to minus 5, forced 5 TOs in 3 games

2010:

Ind: D allowed 16, Ind averaged 27, -11. forced 0 TOs

NE: D allowed 21, NE averaged 32, -11, forced 1 TO

Pitt: D allowed 17, Pitt averaged 23, -6, forced 2 TOs

totals: 18 PPG against Os that averaged 27. held to minus 9, forced 3 TOs in 3 games

team totals:

NYG '07/'11: D held opps to 14.9 PPG, opposing O's averaged 28.6.  rounded up it's -14, forced 14 TOs in 8 games(1.8 per game)

NYJ '09/'10: D held opps to 18.7 PPG, opposing O's averaged 25.8. -7, forced 8 TOs in 6 games(1.3 per game)

but yeah it was all about the QB.

1.  You go after someone for going by stats.  Then give us too many stats

2. You think carried means he puts up better numbers than his opponents?  I think it's the big plays, the ones that win the game, get the team over the top.  TD to Burris to pull out the SB.  Pass that sets up the game winning FG in OT in GB, playoffs on the line.  Consistently bringing your team back like Eli did.  

3.  You won't get that because you're in a Sanchez defense mode.  Comparing is silly.  Eli is a million times better than even you believe Sanchez ever was.  

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

1.  You go after someone for going by stats.  Then give us too many stats

2. You think carried means he puts up better numbers than his opponents?  I think it's the big plays, the ones that win the game, get the team over the top.  TD to Burris to pull out the SB.  Pass that sets up the game winning FG in OT in GB, playoffs on the line.  Consistently bringing your team back like Eli did.  

3.  You won't get that because you're in a Sanchez defense mode.  Comparing is silly.  Eli is a million times better than even you believe Sanchez ever was.  

1. stats in context are useful

2. you man the SB where they held the highest scoring offense of all time to just 14 points? and he needed a ball to stick to a helmet to pull it out late?

3. Eli is better than Mark, that wasn't the discussion.  if you change the QBs on the teams the Giants still win 2 SBs and the Jets still lose 2 title games.  the difference on those teams was D/STs- BOTH QBs played very well.

Just now, nyjunc said:

2. you man the SB where they held the highest scoring offense of all time to just 14 points? and he needed a ball to stick to a helmet to pull it out late?

3. Eli is better than Mark, that wasn't the discussion.  if you change the QBs on the teams the Giants still win 2 SBs and the Jets still lose 2 title games.  the difference on those teams was D/STs- BOTH QBs played very well.

Yeah the SB where he put up more points than Tom Brady.  Where it took a crazy pass.  After eluding the sack more than once.  Bearing an 18-0 team.  Yeah, use that against him.  

You live in a dream world where Sanchez wins SBs, lol, I get it.

stop though 

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

As in whenever they fit my lame argument I trot them out and the other 90% of the time they are not relevant?  Sounds basically like you theme when talking about QB's.

Mark Sanchez a 5 or 6 year pro with all sorts of experience is barely clinging to a starters job vs a 2nd year 7th rounder and a raw raw rookie.  Sanchez is Geno Smith, he jut happened to leech of a great team his 1st few years.

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you are good at hurling insults, too bad you aren't good at presenting an argument.

it's nice you can look up stats but our O led by a ROOKIE QB gave the D(the supposed top D in the league) a double digit lead near the end of the 1st half.  The D then got mauled and the game could have been much more lopsided if Indy didn't take their foot off the gas.

what you also fail to remember(which i noted on numerous occasions) was that our only threat running the ball left the game on the 1st possession of the 2nd half.  we then had no threat of a run game w/ 2 premiere pass rushers attacking our rookie QB in a loud dome but it's all Mark'a fault:lol:

they got a few on the first possession where eventually a penalty set us back, 2 of the other non scoring possession they had 2nd and 19 and 2nd and 17- what do you expect the QB to do in those situations?  tell your friend to watch football and get another friend that understand the game to explain it to him.

1) Never suggested anything was "all Mark's fault."  No one is, in fact.  The suggestion is that Mark Sanchez, and his offense being largely ineffective for huge portions of the game, were a big part of the reason we lost both games.  As for Shonn Greene's injury.  Does that mean that anytime a player gets hurt, you're allowed to shut it down and hope the defense holds without providing any offense?  Or does this also fall under your "every game is different" thing were you can just assert whatever conclusion you want.

2) That's a lot of words for a yes or no question.  I'll ask again, if the Jets got more out of their offense, would that have affected TOP?  This remains a simple yes-no.

3)  You're the COP-OUT KING!

4)  Declaring yourself a smart football fan doesn't actually make you one any more than if I suddenly declared myself a penguin.

Also, totally unrelated and again, asking for a friend...

If a person says they're the best at making arguments, and everyone else sucks, but that person's actually unable to convince a single person that they're correct, is that person really any good at making arguments?

Not another thread derailment.  Uh, I guess it is.

The point is not Sanchez in the past.  The reports are clear he's struggling now.

But this isn't about the Jets, although it's true that what happens at the Qb spot for the defending SB champions is a big NFL story this year.

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah the SB where he put up more points than Tom Brady.  Where it took a crazy pass.  After eluding the sack more than once.  Bearing an 18-0 team.  Yeah, use that against him.  

You live in a dream world where Sanchez wins SBs, lol, I get it.

stop though 

you guys were complaining about sanchez leading his O to 17 pts on the road in championship games yet that is what Eli did on a nuetral field and you are celebrating him?  interesting argument.

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As in whenever they fit my lame argument I trot them out and the other 90% of the time they are not relevant?  Sounds basically like you theme when talking about QB's.

Mark Sanchez a 5 or 6 year pro with all sorts of experience is barely clinging to a starters job vs a 2nd year 7th rounder and a raw raw rookie.  Sanchez is Geno Smith, he jut happened to leech of a great team his 1st few years.

he leeched onto a team where a hall of famer against a weaker sched w/ no Tom Brady couldn't even help them get to the playoffs.  another great argument.

23 minutes ago, gEYno said:

1) Never suggested anything was "all Mark's fault."  No one is, in fact.  The suggestion is that Mark Sanchez, and his offense being largely ineffective for huge portions of the game, were a big part of the reason we lost both games.  As for Shonn Greene's injury.  Does that mean that anytime a player gets hurt, you're allowed to shut it down and hope the defense holds without providing any offense?  Or does this also fall under your "every game is different" thing were you can just assert whatever conclusion you want.

2) That's a lot of words for a yes or no question.  I'll ask again, if the Jets got more out of their offense, would that have affected TOP?  This remains a simple yes-no.

3)  You're the COP-OUT KING!

4)  Declaring yourself a smart football fan doesn't actually make you one any more than if I suddenly declared myself a penguin.

1. the O deserves SOME blame but the bulk was on the supposed big time D.

2. it wasn't a yes or no question.

3. sorry you don't like reality

4. I am not smart, you guys just make me look smart

22 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Also, totally unrelated and again, asking for a friend...

If a person says they're the best at making arguments, and everyone else sucks, but that person's actually unable to convince a single person that they're correct, is that person really any good at making arguments?

tell your friend I don't say I am the best and to do a better job of reading comprehension and the arguments will make more sense.  stats are part of the story but not all, you want to blame a a rookie and 2nd year QB who played very well in both playoff years rather than the supposed elite D.  tell your friend to watch more football and spend less times look at out of context stats.  also tell him to surround himself w/ people that understand the game so he can better understand it.

1.You look at 17 points by Sanchez, in a loss, where Uou obviously needed more as the same as scoring 17 to win a SB?  Really?  Do you not see the difference?  You think anyone would be complaining about scoring 17 if we held the opponent to 14?

.2. Another mistake.  17 in a SB against the Pats isn't the same as 17 against a different team.  You're comparing two different teams, two different games.  Makes no sense on any level.  Same as comparing what Sanchez and the Jets did point and yardage wise in Indy to Eli in GBs tundra

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Pitt's O controlled the clock. they started the game w/ a near 10 minute TD drive, they held the ball for 21 of the 30 minutes in the 1st half but somehow this was the O's fault?

I don't think you remember watching this game, I was there, I saw the pain first hand.

Once again, both sides of the ball are involved in time of possession.  That first defensive drive was most certainly a rough one, but after that the Jets offense played a major part in that time difference.  4 out of 5 Jets offensive drives lasted 2 minutes or less, 2 of them lasting under 1 minute.  Even when they weren't handing the other teams points, the Jets O was largely ineffective.  How about the Jets getting 2 picks that were immediately followed by 3 and outs from the O?  You're attempting to blame the defense when the offense is incapable of doing anything when they have the ball.  Your seeing it live has absolutely no relevancy to your inability to comprehend the failures of the offense in that game.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Once again, both sides of the ball are involved in time of possession.  That first defensive drive was most certainly a rough one, but after that the Jets offense played a major part in that time difference.  4 out of 5 Jets offensive drives lasted 2 minutes or less, 2 of them lasting under 1 minute.  Even when they weren't handing the other teams points, the Jets O was largely ineffective.  How about the Jets getting 2 picks that were immediately followed by 3 and outs from the O?  You're attempting to blame the defense when the offense is incapable of doing anything when they have the ball.  Your seeing it live has absolutely no relevancy to your inability to comprehend the failures of the offense in that game.

once again he had a 2nd and 19 and 2nd 17 on 2 of the 3 three and out possessions.  what did you want him to do?

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

once again he had a 2nd and 19 and 2nd 17 on 2 of the 3 three and out possessions.  what did you want him to do?

You realize being in 2nd & 19 and 2nd & 17 takes failures on the prior play from the offense, right?  Forget even Sanchez individually, considering arguments will clearly always be made regarding who is really to blame for any individual play, the offense in it's entirety was a failure in that game.  Their inability to retain the ball is an equal contributor to the lopsided TOP.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

You realize being in 2nd & 19 and 2nd & 17 takes failures on the prior play from the offense, right?  Forget even Sanchez individually, considering arguments will clearly always be made regarding who is really to blame for any individual play, the offense in it's entirety was a failure in that game.  Their inability to retain the ball is an equal contributor to the lopsided TOP.

we ran an end around for -4 then had a penalty on Brick.  on the 2nd possession he got sack, I don't recall if that was his fault or not.

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you guys were complaining about sanchez leading his O to 17 pts on the road in championship games yet that is what Eli did on a nuetral field and you are celebrating him?  interesting argument.

I'm not particularly celebrating Eli for a 17 point game although others may be, but you have to ask yourself one very important question: would those 17 points have been enough if the opposing defense had scored a TD?  (Hint: the answer is no)

48 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

1. the O deserves SOME blame but the bulk was on the supposed big time D.

2. it wasn't a yes or no question.

3. sorry you don't like reality

4. I am not smart, you guys just make me look smart

Not a yes or no question?

Does the offense getting more first downs lead to greater time of possession?  Yes or No?

48 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

tell your friend I don't say I am the best and to do a better job of reading comprehension and the arguments will make more sense.  stats are part of the story but not all, you want to blame a a rookie and 2nd year QB who played very well in both playoff years rather than the supposed elite D.  tell your friend to watch more football and spend less times look at out of context stats.  also tell him to surround himself w/ people that understand the game so he can better understand it.

This also doesn't answer the question, King Cop Out.

Reason # 1:  Quality veteran talent that was already here before Rex arrived.  Mangold, Brick, Woody, etc etc.  We had a tremendous O-line and a talented defense.

Reason # 2:  Rex's system took the league by storm.  That is undeniable.  But much like the league figured out Tony Sparano's Wildcat offense, the league figured Rex out too.  It just took a couple years rather than one season to do so.

Reason # 3:  Revis had the most unbelievable season a corner has ever had in this league in 2009.  And despite his holdout in 2010, he was nearly as good the next year too.  In a league that was just getting used to how good the passing attacks are, having a corner that could shut down the best WR on every team was insanely valuable.  However, the league adjusted to that too:  By bringing in pass rushers in droves.  Why force your corners to be immaculate at coverage when you can just go to the source and take out the QB?  Easier said than done, but the teams that COULD were the ones that won titles.  Rex's teams rarely generated a pass rush without blitzes, and even then, we stopped getting there in time.  So our defense dropped in the rankings over time just like Buffalo's did.

Still pisses me off that Revis was robbed of a DPOY award in '09 because he "only" had 6 INTs during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

Not another thread derailment.  Uh, I guess it is.

The point is not Sanchez in the past.  The reports are clear he's struggling now.

But this isn't about the Jets, although it's true that what happens at the Qb spot for the defending SB champions is a big NFL story this year.

Reasonable football post ... Not welcome here !

45 minutes ago, jgb said:

Still pisses me off that Revis was robbed of a DPOY award in '09 because he "only" had 6 INTs during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to the Pats (despite moving him to Tampa being on us) & winning a ring* with the cheaters pi$$es me off 1000 times more

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

they had three 3 and outs in 1st half:

1st one: end around for -4 yards then a penalty so it was 2nd and 19(clearly Mark's fault)

3rd one he was sacked on 1st down and it was 2nd and 17.

but let's pretend it was all on the QB and ignore the fact he brought us back w/ no help from ru game in the 2nd half and a D that knew we had to throw.

he was not good in the 1st half at Indy in the WC game, he was GREAT in the 2nd half completing a bunch of big 3rd downs and then w/ under a minute left setting up a chip shot FG for the win at the gun or do we forget that?

you look at stats, I watch games.

He was great the second half of the Indy game?  You have a low standard for greatness.  He threw zero TDs.  He stunk that whole game.  The RBs, especially Tomlinson, played great the second half of that game.

Again, the QB's job is to put points on the board.  Mark Sanchez didn't do his job in Indy or Pitt.  You can make as many excuses for him as you'd like, but he stunk then and he stinks now.  Maybe he'll finally get a team to carry him to the SB this year, though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2016 at 3:24 PM, whodeawhodat said:

Did everyone in this discussion have the pleasure of watching Sanchez play this past thanksgiving?

You can't judge what he did this year or last year because he didn't have good receivers to throw to in 2012. Gotta think about them weapinz. 

That's the rule applied to QBs drafted pre-2015 on this team.

On 8/19/2016 at 7:04 PM, detectivekimble said:

He was great the second half of the Indy game?  You have a low standard for greatness.  He threw zero TDs.  He stunk that whole game.  The RBs, especially Tomlinson, played great the second half of that game.

Again, the QB's job is to put points on the board.  Mark Sanchez didn't do his job in Indy or Pitt.  You can make as many excuses for him as you'd like, but he stunk then and he stinks now.  Maybe he'll finally get a team to carry him to the SB this year, though.

In his defense, and he does stink, the JETS gave up 24 unanswered points in both games.  REX was outcoached in both games.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I was away not in hiding.  give it to me:D

Okay. First  few questions from me. 

1) Why did Jets dumped Sanchez?

2) Why did Eagles dump Sanchez

3) Why did Broncos dump Sanchez

4) After seeing 3 teams dump his ass in 3 short years, will you still say it was Sanchez who helped Jets play back to back Championship games. 

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

There could be a way to maximize Mark's value. Maybe even something drastic like play him between the 20's and take him out when you get inside the 20. He can lead a drive he just can't finish it. 

Can he though?  I seem to remember tons and tons of three and outs, which put a lot of pressure on the defense and also caused us to complain profusely about our punters.

Remember when people thought he couldn't throw to the left side, and thus we should run most of our plays to the right side?

Yeah, he sucks on all parts of the field. 

21 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Okay. First  few questions from me. 

1) Why did Jets dumped Sanchez?

2) Why did Eagles dump Sanchez

3) Why did Broncos dump Sanchez

4) After seeing 3 teams dump his ass in 3 short years, will you still say it was Sanchez who helped Jets play back to back Championship games. 

1) inept GM

2)regime change

3)they haven't dumped him

4) are you saying he didn't help?  of course he helped, we were always led by our D but he and the O certainly helped get us there, w/o him playing the way he did we don't make either title game.  

Just now, nyjunc said:

4) are you saying he didn't help?  of course he helped, we were always led by our D but he and the O certainly helped get us there, w/o him playing the way he did we don't make either title game.  

I am not denying the help of Offense. What I am denying is Sanchez's contribution to that offense. Take Sanchez out and insert any average QB to that year's Jets teams, results would be similar. Sanchez wasn't a factor. He wasn't above average. He was just a JAG. 

4 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I am not denying the help of Offense. What I am denying is Sanchez's contribution to that offense. Take Sanchez out and insert any average QB to that year's Jets teams, results would be similar. Sanchez wasn't a factor. He wasn't above average. He was just a JAG. 

he was a huge factor, we don't make it w/o him. look at what we did in 2008 against weaker sched w/ no Brady and a HOF QB.

Archived