Jets \ Eagles: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Sanchez did start in his rookie year and was never this terrible. But you don't cut him even though it's been done before. I'm sure they're real disappointed, though. And if they had to make this pick over again they wouldn't take him. So now you know O'Brien didn't want him. Remember just before we selected in round 2 Houston traded up in front of us and didn't select him the took an O-lineman.

Sanchez got ALL the attention and preseason reps...you can't make a comparison to Hack.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Troll said:

There's struggling and then there's clearly showing you have zero business on the field. Hackenberg has been doing the latter for three years now.

"He's just not good at practice..BUT HES A GAMER". - Last week

"He should be our starter Geno and Petty obviously suck". - April 

"Hack sucks he can't hit the side of a barn" - Tonight

you people need to choose one and stick with it instead of feeling some type of way by the outcome of a preseason game. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree move  on we go with Fitz,Geno and Petty use that roster spot on someone who will help this team win games.

I find it comical that you are ready to throw away a young draftee but are willing to keep and adore a QB that threw three consecutive picks in a regular season game in his second year of starting.  Care to explain the logic in that?

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Geno, sanchez and petty looked like brady, Montana and rogers in their 1st exposure to the league compared to how this dude has looked so far.

And how did they work out?

Why doesn't that tell you that the first throws by these guys mean squat.  

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

"He's just not good at practice..BUT HES A GAMER". - Last week

"He should be our starter Geno and Petty obviously suck". - April 

"Hack sucks he can't hit the side of a barn" - Tonight

you people need to choose one and stick with it instead of feeling some type of way by the outcome of a preseason game. 

hoping vs seeing

Just now, Joejet said:

I find it comical that you are ready to throw away a young draftee but are willing to keep and adore a QB that threw three consecutive picks in a regular season game in his second year of starting.  Care to explain the logic in that?

All our qbs are lousy, our best hope for success is fFitz but that fact that none of those guys are good does nothing to change the fact that hackenburg was a bad pick and is a dreadful looking prospect.

Just now, Joejet said:

Hack has been terrible the entire preseason and the last few years of his college career I see more of an upside in Geno Smith besides it took Fitz 12 years to finally get good right.

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Sanchez got ALL the attention and preseason reps...you can't make a comparison to Hack.

A good point. But the thing with Mark is that when they gave him the full playbook in year 3 he couldn't handle it and still can't. I'm not sure that Hack in training camp had no reps. Sure he didn't with the first string but he did run plays in practice with backups. And there were enough receivers etc to give all 4 guys work just not with the starters. 

No one should get worked up about how Hack played.  He is not going anywhere, and he will get a year of practice.  Let's see how he looks next year when he starts out as the solid number 3 next year.

The bigger question remains whether we keep Geno and Petty.  Maybe now we can PUP or IR Petty.  That kicks the can down the road.

What the NFL needs is a developmental program where players like a bottom rung QB can go practice.  Maybe Hack can spend time at Rutgers.

18 minutes ago, The Troll said:

I would be perfectly fine if they just released Hackenberg. You ****ed up. Just acknowledge it and move on. Let's not waste our time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would be.  It would be stupid but you'd do it.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hack has been terrible the entire preseason and the last few years of his college career I see more of an upside in Geno Smith besides it took Fitz 12 years to finally get good right.

Guess you forgot last week.  

And what you were saying then.

then again you think Kaep is an elite QB.

Just now, varjet said:

No one should get worked up about how Hack played.  He is not going anywhere, and he will get a year of practice.  Let's see how he looks next year when he starts out as the solid number 3 next year.

The bigger question remains whether we keep Geno and Petty.  Maybe now we can PUP or IR Petty.  That kicks the can down the road.

What the NFL needs is a developmental program where players like a bottom rung QB can go practice.  Maybe Hack can spend time at Rutgers.

Excellent, we are hoping and praying the guy we drafted in the 2nd round will be a solid 3rd stringer next year.

Hey I can see people saying he is along range prosect, needs a few years top get things straight, but I can't see anyone actually endorsing such a massive project to be picked in the 2nd round.

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

hoping vs seeing

But what you are seeing is a rookie snapping the ball for his 35th, 36th, 37th time. You aren't seeing him year later or even 6 months later. Jet fans have zero ******* patience and the first time something negative happens they are the first ones to say I told you so before truely being able to say I told you so. 

Never said that I said   besides it took Fitz 12 years to finally get good right.

I was just having fun at your expense; it does seem ironic that some want to give Geno more time - we owe it to him, etc. and some don't want to give a guy people said shouldn't even see the field a year. Either way, I am hoping for a fun season.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why are QBs drafted rather than picked out of a hat? 

You think theyre drafted off stats?  

Or completions in a game with and against scrubs, no game planning, experience etc determined a career? 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

But what you are seeing is a rookie snapping the ball for his 35th, 36th, 37th time. You aren't seeing him year later or even 6 months later. Jet fans have zero ******* patience and the first time something negative happens they are the first ones to say I told you so before truely being able to say I told you so. 

Not at all correct.  Jets had patience with sanchez and geno and petty.  This guy looks way worse than any of them coming out of the gates.  Hey if he was a 6th rounder or a udfa we would be shrugging our shoulders, but he he was way over drafted.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Not at all correct.  Jets had patience with sanchez and geno and petty.  This guy looks way worse than any of them coming out of the gates.  Hey if he was a 6th rounder or a udfa we would be shrugging our shoulders, but he he was way over drafted.

Macc reached looking for that HR looks like he struck out looking 

Hack threw an INT last week as well 

Wow, really?  Big deal.  Brady threw one against Giants scrub players, so? 

He looked good last week, most of the board had a hard on watching the game.  A week later it's crying a river time.  I swear it's like some of you never watched the game.  He's a 21 year old QB, with no exp, playing a game without a plan or much practice.  Means nothing 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

If he was a 6th rounder he'd be cut. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You think theyre drafted off stats?  

Or completions in a game with and against scrubs, no game planning, experience etc determined a career? 

Well according to you it doesn't matter at all how you look, its just wait and he'll get gud.  And yeah a lot of player are drafted off stats because good stats means you are playing well against college players most of whom will never see an nfl camp.  You are free to toss all of hackenburgs stats out the window, watch him play, he sucks and did nothing to suggest he would be a good pro in his last couple college years.

In any case he won't see the field until next years camp so out of sight out of mind I guess.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Actually, Hack didn't look that bad last week and I didn't mention Fitz at all.  I would be interested in what upside that you see in Geno that you don't see in Hack.  Is it his proven leadership ability?  His TD/int ratio?  Please educate me.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Wow, really?  Big deal.  Brady threw one against Giants scrub players, so? 

He looked good last week, most of the board had a hard on watching the game.  A week later it's crying a river time.  I swear it's like some of you never watched the game

If this was Geno the fan base would be demanding he be cut tonight. 

Hack hasnt had a decent game since early on in his college career 

Just now, Beerfish said:

I said Jet FANS are impatient and no one gave Sanchez OR Geno time. Patience and time are two different things but they go hand and hand. Sanchez was a 1 year starter in college so idk why we drafted him 6th overall in the first place. Geno, was thrown into the fire and Petty was the only one truely given time without playing in the regular season right away. Hack could look awful..even worse than Sanchez and still turn out to be any caliber QB he sets his mind to. My point is, two preseason games doesn't  determine his whole career or even the  Projectory of his career and anyone who says different isn't too bright.

Just now, Joejet said:

Actually, Hack didn't look that bad last week and I didn't mention Fitz at all.  I would be interested in what upside that you see in Geno that you don't see in Hack.  Is it his proven leadership ability?  His TD/int ratio?  Please educate me.

Geno Smith managed to go 8-8 under the worst OC in the league the worst WRs in the league and the worst head coach in the league anything else 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Excellent, we are hoping and praying the guy we drafted in the 2nd round will be a solid 3rd stringer next year.

Hey I can see people saying he is along range prosect, needs a few years top get things straight, but I can't see anyone actually endorsing such a massive project to be picked in the 2nd round.

I am not endorsing the selection of Hackenburg.  I just think the reality is that he was picked as a long-term project in the second round and the Jets are going to give him at least 2 if not 3 years to prove them right.  They are not going to give up on him.

But I do agree that in the current environment you draft players high that can play right away, and vice versa.  If a player needs time for development, those are lower draft picks.

Before the season started we spoke about Aaron Rodgers long-term development, the fact that virtually all good NFL QBs were high draft picks and that even many high picked QBs need time to nurture  Now we are focusing on Simean and Prescott-lower round QBs who are looking to play quickly.

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well according to you it doesn't matter at all how you look, its just wait and he'll get gud.  And yeah a lot of player are drafted off stats because good stats means you are playing well against college players most of whom will never see an nfl camp.  You are free to toss all of hackenburgs stats out the window, watch him play, he sucks and did nothing to suggest he would be a good pro in his last couple college years.

In any case he won't see the field until next years camp so out of sight out of mind I guess.

Doesn't matter in a 4th preseason game, his 2nd appearance, no exp, no game planning, little preparation, etc, yes that really doesn't mean a thing.  Good or bad.  You've seen him play twice, once good, once bad.  I thought last week showed what they saw.  This week was bad.  But you know better.  Rookies don't have ups and downs.  2nd appearance goes badly he's over drafted, sucks, etc.. 

Youve had it out for him from the moment his named was called, not surprising, 

Archived