Pats win on a bad long snap by Cardinals

Maxman

Matt Cassel looked like a starter for the Pats once too. It's just every break the Pats need they get. Again, the drafting is killing us. How many DBs have the Jets taken in the last 6 years, and next year we're right back in the same place looking for secondary help. 

It's not complicated guys. Cards backup RG got called for holding (seems to always happen in Pats games) at the worst time, giving them a 3rd & 20! Then the bad snap. So 60 minutes of football, with Palmer playing like he's sleepwalking in the 1st half, 2 miscues & boom, another Pats win. I've seen this so many times over the last 12 years it's common place.

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It's not complicated guys. Cards backup RG got called for holding (seems to always happen in Pats games) at the worst time, giving them a 3rd & 20! Then the bad snap. So 60 minutes of football, with Palmer playing like he's sleepwalking in the 1st half, 2 miscues & boom, another Pats win. I've seen this so many times over the last 12 years it's common place.

You're just gonna skip right past the holding called on martellus bennett that would of gave the Pats the first down but instead had to punt the ball way to the cards who came back and scored? Fair game called on both sides. Cards had their chances and lost to a better coached team.  

Guys, looking into the future... don't kill me... but...

Jimmy is going to be a free agent after next season. Brady is saying he wants to play at least 2-3 more seasons. Therefore, New England won't be able to tag him.

He'll be 26 years old at the end of his contract. I would be smiling ear to ear if we stole him from New England a year before Brady retires. 

12 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Jimmy is going to be a free agent after next season. Brady is saying he wants to play at least 2-3 more seasons. Therefore, New England won't be able to tag him.

He'll be 26 years old at the end of his contract. I would be smiling ear to ear if we stole him from New England a year before Brady retires. 

Be careful of Buyer's remorse. Because according to JN. BB is not a good GM, BB doesn't know anything about QBs just got lucky with Brady.  They laughed when they drafted Jimmy G.

then again...he could be Matt Cassell. 

31 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

You're just gonna skip right past the holding called on martellus bennett that would of gave the Pats the first down but instead had to punt the ball way to the cards who came back and scored? Fair game called on both sides. Cards had their chances and lost to a better coached team.  

Okay we'll give you that one the pats oline and TE's just owe the league 792 non holding calls now, down from 793.

30 minutes ago, Mecca said:

I didn't think they asked that much of Garbolololol in the game. From what little I saw of the game it looked like lots of hand offs and dump offs. Definitely nothing special about that.

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

With their backup QB, their top receiver out, on the road, against a SB contender....they win.

But please....let's go ahead and keep arguing about our average QB vs. our worst QB in the NFL as if it matters.

You just put into perspective about 80% of the arguments on this board before the season started

15 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I didn't think they asked that much of Garbolololol in the game. From what little I saw of the game it looked like lots of hand offs and dump offs. Definitely nothing special about that.

Can't disagree with that, although, to be fair, the same could be said about Brady in his first year as a starter.  Plus, I do not recall even Brady making many plays like this one that year.  

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000700960/Garoppolo-hits-Amendola-for-33-yards-on-third-and-long

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

I agree with the sentiment that it is only one game for both our teams.

I think the positive from the Patriots perspective, is that Grappalo played very well on 3rd down.  A lot of them which were not gimmies.  Plus, the communication problems during the preseason with receivers which should have resulted in at least two picks, seems to have been resolved.

13 hours ago, Hael said:

The bigger problem is that their qb is actually pretty good, and they won without Gronk and most of their starting oline.  The cards are a pretty great team afterall. 

I'm thinking 3-1 given the weakness of their upcoming schedule, which is of course not what we wanted.

the Cardinals are a bunch of pretenders 

13 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Do pigs have beards?

of course they do. Did you not ever read the "three little Pigs" growing up.  The pig that lived in the brick house told the wolf "not by the hair of my chinny chin chin"  I f he had hair on his chin, he had a beard.   lol

Archived