Todd Bowles says no loss in confidence in Fitz

AFJF

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm talking the second INT, the one that hit Marshall in the hands and he deflected to a DB.

A journeyman quarterback is going to throw one pack per game, it's how it goes. The pick that mattered still put the Seahawks over 60 yards away from pay dirt in our defense did nothing to stop them. 

Name a skill player who played better than Ryan Fitzpatrick today. 

SAR I

Peake made the play of the game by bailing out Fitz's pathetic red zone fumble and having the awareness to scoop it for a TD

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

9 INTs in 2 games 

Only 4 of them were on him and actually mattered. 

Focus on the real problems here and not on the journeyman quarterback. Our defense was supposed to swallow one of the worst offensive lines in the league whole.  Instead, they destroyed us with deep throws and dump-offs to the tight end who was left free to roam at-will.  We have offensive linemen taking personal fouls and giving themselves concussions.  We have no halftime adjustments. We have no team leadership taking control.  We have lousy coaching.  

Ryan Fitzpatrick, while playing badly, is the least of our concerns. 

SAR I

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

9 INTs in 2 games 

They should start your boy Geno so they can add fumbles and sacks to the mix.

QB play has been bad the past 2 weeks, no doubt. The back 7 of the defense has been just as bad, if not worse. Anyone that watches football beyond where the ball is sees that. Only Madden-playing putzes are getting all frothy solely over lousy QB play.

Only 4 of them were on him and actually mattered. 

Focus on the real problems here and not on the journeyman quarterback. Our defense was supposed to swallow one of the worst offensive lines in the league whole.  Instead, they destroyed us with deep throws and dump-offs to the tight end who was left free to roam at-will.  We have offensive linemen taking personal fouls and giving themselves concussions.  We have no halftime adjustments. We have no team leadership taking control.  We have lousy coaching.  

Ryan Fitzpatrick, while playing badly, is the least of our concerns. 

SAR I

The QB is the problem #1 problem he fails to move the ball and score TDs 

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

I'm talking the second INT, the one that hit Marshall in the hands and he deflected to a DB.

A journeyman quarterback is going to throw one pack per game, it's how it goes. The pick that mattered still put the Seahawks over 60 yards away from pay dirt in our defense did nothing to stop them. 

SAR

It's not so much the INTs, which are going to happen when playing ANY non-NYJ defense, it's the lack of ability to consistently threaten defenses over the top. Yeah, when he was successful, we got the Buffalo game. But, mostly, it's been the Seattle game, the Cincy game, which is not good.

3 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

QB play has been bad the past 2 weeks, no doubt. The back 7 of the defense has been just as bad, if not worse. Anyone that watches football beyond where the ball is sees that. Only Madden-playing putzes are getting all frothy solely over lousy QB play.

9 INTs in 2 games Fitzpatrick 

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

A journeyman quarterback is going to throw one pick per game, it's how it goes. The pick that mattered still put the Seahawks over 60 yards away from paydirt and our defense did nothing to stop them. 

SAR I

That wasnt Marshall.  Pretty sure it was Anderson.  Looked like the ball was high and behind him the way he had to adjust for it.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The QB is the problem #1 problem he fails to move the ball and score TDs 

That's what an amateur fan would say, that's standard-issue overreactive nonsense. 

Let me tell you, I wish our problem was quarterback. That would mean the rest of the team is playing very well and all our woes are traceable to one individual. Unfortunately, that is not the case here. 

SAR I

Just now, Jetworks said:

Fitzpatrick has fumbled 4 times this season, did you miss those?

That's what an amateur fan would say, that's standard-issue overreactive nonsense. 

Let me tell you, I wish our problem was quarterback. That would mean the rest of the team is playing very well and all our woes are traceable to one individual. Unfortunately, that is not the case here. 

SAR I

Ok LOL so from the best seats in the house today what do you think is wrong with this team? 

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR I

The guy who has no idea what an ILB or OL is supposed to do wants to call other fans amateurs... LOL :lol:

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

That wasnt Marshall.  Pretty sure it was Anderson.  Looked like the ball was high and behind him the way he had to adjust for it.

Saw it from the Mezzanine and I've yet to see a replay but it hit a WR's hands, he didn't make the catch, he didn't make the play on a catchable ball.

SAR I 

22 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I'm starting to wonder if he just has "His" guys like Rex did.  I still have no idea why someone like Amaro was cut for Kellen Davis or what the heck does Bostick do on the team?  I remember Cro being beat like a drum, but he was a Bowles guy and he was out there constantly.  At some point, you have to make some changes, but it seems like we throw the same thing out there constantly and hope to get lucky.  The Fitz optimism is just stupid at this point, really, you feel no different in Fitz since the start of the season?  Your 12 million dollar QB is playing horribly and you aren't surprised?

They want guys that can actually suit up on Sundays.  Amaro wasn't. Milliner wasn't. McDougle wasn't  

Davis is the blocking TE not relevant to any Amaro discussion. 

7 minutes ago, phill1c said:

It's not so much the INTs, which are going to happen when playing ANY non-NYJ defense, it's the lack of ability to consistently threaten defenses over the top. Yeah, when he was successful, we got the Buffalo game. But, mostly, it's been the Seattle game, the Cincy game, which is not good.

Agreed. 

Decker and Marshall are hurt and Forte stopped dominating, its not a survivable situation for a journeyman quarterback. 

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Agreed. 

Decker and Marshall are hurt and Forte stopped dominating, its not a survivable situation for a journeyman quarterback. 

SAR I

Oh Please, SAR I. STOP!! You've been so effusive (over the top) in your praise for this DUD, don't try to put all his **** ups on the lack of talent around him, you sound like a Geno Fan.

Agreed. 

SAR I

Decker and Marshall made Fitzpatrick so now we get to see what he can do with others he looks worse than Geno did when he was in the same situation. 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

They want guys that can actually suit up on Sundays.  Amaro wasn't. Milliner wasn't. McDougle wasn't  

Davis is the blocking TE not relevant to any Amaro discussion. 

I wish they would just get rid of him. Bad things seem to always happen in his vicinity ala Mulligan.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Decker and Marshall made Fitzpatrick so now we get to see what he can do with others he looks worse than Geno did when he was in the same situation. 

Yeah, when Geno has no WRs it's still his fault.

When Fitz has a banged up Marshall, it's nothing but excuses.

Just now, Kevin L said:

Yeah, when Geno has no WRs it's still his fault.

When Fitz has a banged up Marshall, it's nothing but excuses.

this is when all the arguments Geno fans used are recycled for Ryan Fitzpatrick by his fans.

And, really, these WRs and OL are STILL WAY BETTER than Mr. Smith had surrounding him.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

this is when all the arguments Geno fans used are recycled for Ryan Fitzpatrick by his fans.

And, really, these WRs and OL are STILL WAY BETTER than Mr. Smith had surrounding him.

Fitz has an All Pro team compared to what Geno had.

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

One of today's INT's was in desperation time and another one was on Brandon Marshall.  The pick that hurt killed a drive but it put the Seahawks on their own 39, hardly a big challenge for any decent defense.  No one on D or ST's gave Fitz decent field position either. Brutal loss all around. 

SAR I

Every week there are teams rallying in "deperation time" yet avoid lobbing up 9 picks in 2 weeks.

This sh-t show we've been watching this year is not the "mediocre" qb play you've been desperately trying to sell us.  Its awful play from a below average journey man.  Period.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Fitzpatrick is terrible but that is what happens when your offense  has to win every game for you because the defense resembles a cheese shredder.,

Maybe the defense would be better if it had a decent lead once in a while, if the offense didn't have the opportunity to put points on the board only to settle for FGs or INTs.

Archived