Why did we make no attempt to go after Bradford?

JetUp91

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jet Nut said:

Because we did? It was reported we checked with Philly but at that time they weren't moving Bradford. 

Oh lol didn't know that. So they just decided they didn't want to trade with us and decided to give him to the Vikings?

2 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

Oh lol didn't know that. So they just decided they didn't want to trade with us and decided to give him to the Vikings?

Was much later, guess they knew Wentz was starting by the time they moved him.  Plus not sure what the Jets were willing to pay in picks, though I doubt they even discussed compensation after they were told he wasn't being traded

8 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

I highly doubt that Macc was willing to give up what Minnesota gave up.  Reports had Macc kicking the tire on almost all QB's.  IIRC

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

If Mac traded a 1 and 4 away for Sam Bradford this place would've lost its mind. It would've been beautiful

Not the way he's playing 

It seems regardless of your athletic ability if Macc and Bowles dont like you you are doomed or they are not interested in your services 

15 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

Not saying this guy is an elite QB by any means.. but he is more than serviceable. Why didn't we go after him?

How do you know they didn't? I just love the 'reactionary' Jets fans who see franchise QB's under everyone's Christmas tree but the Jets.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Because we were already paying Fitzpatrick $12M for the season, and we would have had to outbid the 1st + 4th round picks that Minnesota surrendered?

See if it still looks like a wise move after he goes on IR before midseason.

The media heel-turn the second Bradford breaks his pinkie will be whiplash-inducing. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The media heel-turn the second Bradford breaks his pinkie will be whiplash-inducing. 

"What a great pickup by Minnesota. Totally saved their season."

Followed by

"How on earth could they give up a 1st round pick for this guy, knowing he can't stay on the field??? We knew all along this was a bad move! Stupid Vikings!"

15 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

If Mac traded a 1 and 4 away for Sam Bradford this place would've lost its mind. It would've been beautiful

That's why.  A desperate overpay for an injury-prone, average QB.  The Vikings defense is the reason that team is winning.

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

"What a great pickup by Minnesota. Totally saved their season."

Followed by

"How on earth could they give up a 1st round pick for this guy, knowing he can't stay on the field??? We knew all along this was a bad move! Stupid Vikings!"

Mike Greenberg already has it pre-recorded

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

they respect their coach

I keep going back to the way Bowles let Cromartie hurt the team week in and week out last year without doing anything about it. Despite all the tough-guy talk about accountability, we haven't really seen any evidence of it. He even kissed Coples' ass on the way out the door.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I keep going back to the way Bowles let Cromartie hurt the team week in and week out last year without doing anything about it. Despite all the tough-guy talk about accountability, we haven't really seen any evidence of it. He even kissed Coples' ass on the way out the door.

didn't he bench some scrub ?

some people are self motivated, but if the leader lets you skate, things corrode for the most part

I think he is terrified of a QB controversy or maybe he really just is the type of guy that is willing to go down playing "his guys"

revis and richardson have checked out

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

didn't he bench some scrub ?

some people are self motivated, but if the leader lets you skate, things corrode for the most part

I think he is terrified of a QB controversy or maybe he really just is the type of guy that is willing to go down playing "his guys"

revis and richardson have checked out

I think coaches that were former players always struggle with discipline, especially those that were self-motivated overachievers like Bowles. We're starting to see a trend developing where guys who need a kick in the ass are simply tossed to the scrap heap, and Richardson is heading that way in a hurry. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think coaches that were former players always struggle with discipline, especially those that were self-motivated overachievers like Bowles. We're starting to see a trend developing where guys who need a kick in the ass are simply tossed to the scrap heap, and Richardson is heading that way in a hurry. 

I think Richardson is a stooge but he's been fine when he's playing inside. The fact that Mauldin cant run is why we're being forced to play him out of position. He's probably not here after the season though.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think Richardson is a stooge but he's been fine when he's playing inside. The fact that Mauldin cant run is why we're being forced to play him out of position. He's probably not here after the season though.

I mean, if Bowles can't conceive of a way to compensate for Lorenzo Mauldin sucking and he has to compromise Sheldon Richardson because of it, we're so doomed that I may as well just go ahead and pick a favorite WNBA team.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, if Bowles can't conceive of a way to compensate for Lorenzo Mauldin sucking and he has to compromise Sheldon Richardson because of it, we're so doomed that I may as well just go ahead and pick a favorite WNBA team.

Hey, we could always bring back Calvin Pace.

Archived