Presnap Reads are Fitz' Real Issue

House Jet

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Pats made him an equally competitive offer, he jilted you morons out of principle. 

Also, it was your owner that made this your reality.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Holy sh*t a B?? SAR your just trolling at this point lol

Outside of the Kansas City game, he had the Bengals game won, he destroyed the Bills in a short week, and he held his own with no run support through three quarters against the best D in the NFL against Seattle.

If he were Aaron Rodgers I'd give him a D.  He's Ryan Fitzpatrick.  It's a B.

Your wife isn't Mila Kunis.  She comes out of the bedroom ready for a dinner party and she looks beautiful, she's never looked better, you are so proud.  Do you give your wife an F because she's not Mila Kunis or do you give her an A because she's never looked better?  Do you judge your wife against supermodels or other housewives?

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Outside of the Kansas City game, he had the Bengals game won, he destroyed the Bills in a short week, and he held his own with no run support through three quarters against the best D in the NFL against Seattle.

If he were Aaron Rodgers I'd give him a D.  He's Ryan Fitzpatrick.  It's a B.

Your wife isn't Mila Kunis.  She comes out of the bedroom ready for a dinner party and she looks beautiful, she's never looked better, you are so proud.  Do you give your wife an F because she's not Mila Kunis or do you give her an A because she's never looked better?  Do you judge your wife against supermodels or other housewives?

SAR I

We are 1-3 fitz has 10 ints in 4 weeks . Every unit on defense outside of the Dline is suspect  nobody on this team outside of Lach deserve a B or better grade although u could make argument for the Dline but that's about it. Fitz is playing at a d level at best 

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's based on reality.  I know the mythology is that Geno is the stupidest and worst person ever to play the position, but the truth is his last 2 regular season performances have been light years better than Fitzys typical game.  I'm not talking about the Bills outlier but the real Fitzpatrick.

I can't believe that anyone can still even question the fact that Fitzy would have been significantly worse than Geno on the 13' and 14' teams.  Fitz is already within 3 INT's of Genos total in 14' in 4 games!  

Hello?  Is this mic on?  

You talk about reality and then imagine Fitz on the Jets in years he wasn't. No one is saying Fitz is anything he's not. Most are just saying the don't want to watch Geno play QB for this team ever again. You want to replace Fitz? Go ahead and waive that white flag but Petty is still not practicing and Hack won't play this year. Playing Geno doesn't help the Jets future. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You talk about reality and then imagine Fitz on the Jets in years he wasn't. No one is saying Fitz is anything he's not. Most are just saying the don't want to watch Geno play QB for this team ever again. You want to replace Fitz? Go ahead and waive that white flag but Petty is still not practicing and Hack won't play this year. Playing Geno doesn't help the Jets future. 

Actually Playing Geno could help the jets future ..  he could probably play us into that #1 pick .. 

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I like you better when you aren't patronizing me.  That said:

Look at the competition.  It's what makes the difference.  His deviations last year weren't severe because we only played two tough games and one of them was the Patriots upset, an anomaly in a positive way no different than the Chiefs game was an anomaly in a negative way.

Look at last year's Texans game and this year's Bengals or Seahawks games.  Same stat line.  Same result.  This Jets team (not just the quarterback) cannot beat elite teams.  Simple as that.

SAR I

I'm smarter than you, it's bound to happen. :P

You don't have to press your points against me. I know why his deviations weren't as dramatic and the factors that have contributed to why they are this year. I get it. It doesn't mean it's not happening. So, while I see where you agree with much of what I've said the past couple days, this is a point of clarity where Fitz has to share some accountability. I mean, just because he's not the ideal QB to play catch up, doesn't mean it's not his fault every time he throws a horrible pass.

The reality is somewhere between all the factors we're pointing to and Fitz being sh*t in the clutch.

13 minutes ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

Also, it was your owner that made this your reality.

You come here to troll, and gobble up the first bait anyone throws at you. 

How's it feel being such a special kind of stupid? 

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are overreacting to the Kansas City game which is an anomaly, it was an all around bad day.

In the Cincinnati game, Ryan Fitzpatrick had the game won with two minutes left before the defense let the Bengals march right down the field and beat us. 

In the Buffalo game, Ryan Fitzpatrick won the game for us, short week, 2 days rest, road team on a Thursday night, played his best game as a Jet,  was AFC Offensive Player of the Week.  Rather amazing accomplishment.

In the Seattle game, Ryan Fitzpatrick had us within 4 points with a gutsy drive to close out the half and against the NFL's best defense holding his running back under 30 yards he threw a pick which put the Seahawks on their own 39 yard line.  Our secondary allowed gimpy Russell Wilson to go 61 yards in 4 plays in 2 minutes to send us packing. 

Fitzpatrick played very well in our first two games and played pretty well in our last game.  I can argue quite easily that in those three games you just saw the same Ryan Fitzpatrick who won 5 games in a row last December, just against much harder competition.  So, again, I cannot say that he is "imploding".  What I can say is that we have a murderous early schedule and there is not much more our journeyman quarterback can do.  His interceptions outside of the Kansas City debacle didn't hurt us.  His offensive production is the only thing making us competitive.  He doesn't deserve a parade but he doesn't deserved to be kicked like a dog either.

SAR I

a gutsy drive

12 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Playing Geno helps with the present.  

Petty is nowhere near ready to play a game.  Not sure why people can't seem to grasp this.  Clicking your heels and wanting him to be ready won't work.  He needs at least a few weeks to even be considered AFTER he finally starts practicing.

Besides, I don't want to see Petty on the field unless we're mathematically eliminated.   There's no point in that.

22 minutes ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

TB12 is not part of that collection of "any starting QB in the NFL makes bad pre-snap reads."

Disagree - TB12 makes bad pr-snap reads its just that the communication system in his helmet tells him where to throw.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Petty is nowhere near ready to play a game.  Not sure why people can't seem to grasp this.  Clicking your heels and wanting him won't work.  He needs at least a few weeks to even be considered AFTER he finally starts practicing.

Besides, I don't want to see Petty on the field unless we're mathematically eliminated.   There's no point in that.

Petty looked better than Geno all preseason. Not sure what makes you think that won't translate. The point in playing Petty is the exact same hypothetical nonsense as we've heard from those making the case for Geno, surround him with these weapons and see what happens. 

If you remove the "weapons" part, then you're basically saying put a sh*tty, unready Geno out there... which is how you're categorizing Petty, implicitly.... so it's 6 to one, half-dozen to another. I want the guy that needs reps and the opportunity to stake his claim for next year. Geno becoming start is pointless. What if he plays sh*tty .500 football. You want him back? No.

21 hours ago, House Jet said:

It isn't just the interceptions. There are too many plays being left on the field

Fitzy is trying too hard. You can see that by the way he tries to throw every pass like a Nolan Ryan fastball. He shows none of the sweet touch he had last year on over the top passes, screens and swing passes at all. It's as if he read where he had a noodle arm and is trying to prove otherwise. No matter, it is a bad look for him and he needs to just get back to making one play at a time or Geno Smith will be the next man up.....and soon. I would give Fitz the first half at Pittsburgh and if still is sucking ....time to move on.

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

Petty is nowhere near ready to play a game.  Not sure why people can't seem to grasp this.  Clicking your heels and wanting him to be ready won't work.  He needs at least a few weeks to even be considered AFTER he finally starts practicing.

Geno helps with the present ONLY because it lets Bowles look like he is still trying to win even though his QB sucks. Petty will play only when the season is lost...by about the bye week when the team is 3-7. That would be when Petty gets his chance.

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I give you the Kansas City game. (F)

He had the Bengals game won at the 2 minute warning. (B)

He was AFC Offensive Player of the Week at Buffalo. (A)

He played as best he could against the best secondary in the NFL and a running back held to 24 yards by Seattle. (C)

That looks like a B minus or a C plus to me, about what you should expect from a 34 year old journeyman quarterback on his 6th NFL team playing the most difficult six week schedule in the NFL.  Do you watch the games or just the highlights?  Do you consider the conversation between intelligent Jets insiders on message boards or just rely on Adam Schein soundbites?  Or are you so in love with your busted franchise quarterback that you need to take shots at the guy who is only on the roster because he couldn't get the job done?

SAR I

Maybe your dumbest post ever. You are just trolling

42 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

We are 1-3 fitz has 10 ints in 4 weeks . Every unit on defense outside of the Dline is suspect  nobody on this team outside of Lach deserve a B or better grade although u could make argument for the Dline but that's about it. Fitz is playing at a d level at best 

8 of his 10 interceptions don't happen if we aren't down by multiple scores to an elite 12-4 caliber NFL team in the fourth quarter.  We don't have a 12-4 caliber quarterback, I'm sorry, Geno busted and Ryan is a journeyman.

If you want to be mad at someone in green for putting us in this position, here's the list of candidates to start with:

1. Bill Parcells for quitting on us in 2000
2. Bill Belichick for quitting on us in 2000
3. Al Groh for being a hardass
4. Vinny Testaverde for never regaining his 1998 level
5. Herman Edwards for being such a weakling
6. Chad Pennington for ever being born
7. Eric Mangini for being such a hardass
8. Brett Favre for concealing his injury and bolting for Minnesota
9. Rex Ryan for focusing too much on the defense
10. Mike Tannanbaum for not supporting Mark Sanchez
11. Mark Sanchez for losing focus
12. Woody Johnson for keeping Rex Ryan three seasons too long
13. John Idzik for winning over Korn Ferry's recruiters
14. Geno Smith for busting

Start there, pick one of those before you go after Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

SAR I

48 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm smarter than you, it's bound to happen. :P

You don't have to press your points against me. I know why his deviations weren't as dramatic and the factors that have contributed to why they are this year. I get it. It doesn't mean it's not happening. So, while I see where you agree with much of what I've said the past couple days, this is a point of clarity where Fitz has to share some accountability. I mean, just because he's not the ideal QB to play catch up, doesn't mean it's not his fault every time he throws a horrible pass.

The reality is somewhere between all the factors we're pointing to and Fitz being sh*t in the clutch.

Yes, I think we're on the same page.  However, just because Ryan Fitzpatrick holds the title of NFL Starting Quarterback does not mean all 32 are equal and can be judged the same.

I stand by my belief that last year's Ryan Fitzpatrick was worthy of an A and this year's Ryan Fitzpatrick is worthy of a B and the reason for the falloff is because of the level of competition.  Note, I could easily bring up the offensive line that no longer can open up running lanes or the RB who doesn't look like the same guy from Chicago but I think they too are also suffering from elite competition.

We all loved Fitzmagic when we won 4 games in a row against the Dolphins (4-7) Giants (5-7) Titans (3-10) and Cowboys (4-10) and it was that momentum that brought us the win over the Patriots (12-3).  As for 'clutch' performances, the Giants, Cowboys, and Patriots games all qualify, he was brilliant late in those big wins.

What is Fitz guilty of this year?  He's not playing cupcakes every week.  The good news?  Everyone will think he's the cat's meow in a few weeks when we face the Browns, Dolphins, Rams, Colts, 49ers, Dolphins, and Bills.  I expect him to go 6-1 in that stretch, conveniently gets us to 7-9.

SAR I

57 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

a gutsy drive

After the worst week any NFL quarterback has ever had, Ryan Fitzpatrick manned-up, played very well against the Seahawks, had us within 4 points at the half with no running back and a defense giving away the game.  He did his best, came up short, the defense did nothing to help, no turnovers, no field position, and so we lost.

That's the proper narrative.  "Oh my God!  3 interceptions!  Waaaaaah!" is the idiot's way to look at Sunday.

SAR I

53 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Petty looked better than Geno all preseason. Not sure what makes you think that won't translate. The point in playing Petty is the exact same hypothetical nonsense as we've heard from those making the case for Geno, surround him with these weapons and see what happens. 

If you remove the "weapons" part, then you're basically saying put a sh*tty, unready Geno out there... which is how you're categorizing Petty, implicitly.... so it's 6 to one, half-dozen to another. I want the guy that needs reps and the opportunity to stake his claim for next year. Geno becoming start is pointless. What if he plays sh*tty .500 football. You want him back? No.

Petty looked good against players that are no longer in the NFL or buried on someones bench.  Geno has real world experience and has played well the last 2 times he's gotten a chance. 

Petty is still a project and will not be playing unless all hope for the postseason is lost. 

And yes, I see you agree with what I and others have been saying for weeks.  If Geno plays sh*tty and all hope is lost you insert Petty. 

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

Petty looked good against players that are no longer in the NFL or buried on someones bench.  Geno has real world experience and has played well the last 2 times he's gotten a chance.

The last 2 times Geno Smith played football:

at Dolphins - last game of season, both teams eliminated, no one wanted to get hurt, basically an exhibition game in perfect weather.

at Raiders - pivotal game against wildcard competitor, plays so badly we're down 28-6 with 20 minutes to go, Raiders play prevent, garbage stats compile.

That's the case for starting Geno and that's why Geno rides the bench.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Petty is still a project and will not be playing unless all hope for the postseason is lost. 

And yes, I see you agree with what I and others have been saying for weeks.  If Geno plays sh*tty and all hope is lost you insert Petty. 

Not entirely. They both got some snaps this preseason vs. the same comp and Petty played better.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Good luck with a cluleless HC, a crappy defense, and the worst starting QB in the NFL.

I'm curious, would you say that the success of the Pats has resulted in you posting from a nicer basement than you would have had if they'd never won?

9 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lmaoo it's real when they breaks down 10 ints and say only 1 out of 10 is his fault 

Or that they came out of desperation when most came with the Jets 2 scores or less out of the lead.  

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

After the worst week any NFL quarterback has ever had, Ryan Fitzpatrick manned-up, played very well against the Seahawks, had us within 4 points at the half with no running back and a defense giving away the game.  He did his best, came up short, the defense did nothing to help, no turnovers, no field position, and so we lost.

That's the proper narrative.  "Oh my God!  3 interceptions!  Waaaaaah!" is the idiot's way to look at Sunday.

SAR I

Losers always say they did their best. Winners go home and get the Sperm. 

We have this mounted on the mod lounge office door. Three guesses who put it there. 

Archived