SHOULD JETS TURN FOCUS TO THE DRAFT ? ? ?

kelly

The Jets trade down from the #1 to draft an undersized 4-3 middle linebacker and promptly ask him to play OLB in a 3-4. He struggles with the transition for four years but after exercising his fifth year option, they start to see flashes of a top 10 pick. They then low ball the player in free agency and watch him go to the Steelers where he's moved to inside linebacker in a 3-4. The player goes on to become a perennial all-pro selection and a leading vote-getter for DPOY for the Steelers while the Jets scratch their heads in disbelief.

James Farrior, folks. That's what we'll do to whoever we draft. The New York Jets destroy talent.

3 hours ago, kelly said:

SHOULD JETS TURN FOCUS TO THE DRAFT ?

Gang Green's playoff hopes are long gone, per FPI, which envisions a 5-11 season. The Jets are also last in Football Outsiders' DVOA, with about a 20 percent shot at the top pick next April. Playoff odds (Insider)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

4 more wins? LOL. I don't think so.

50 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

The Jets trade down from the #1 to draft an undersized 4-3 middle linebacker and promptly ask him to play OLB in a 3-4. He struggles with the transition for four years but after exercising his fifth year option, they start to see flashes of a top 10 pick. They then low ball the player in free agency and watch him go to the Steelers where he's moved to inside linebacker in a 3-4. The player goes on to become a perennial all-pro selection and a leading vote-getter for DPOY for the Steelers while the Jets scratch their heads in disbelief.

James Farrior, folks. That's what we'll do to whoever we draft. The New York Jets destroy talent.

Thanks so much for reviving a memory that took years of therapy to recover from.

51 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

That was Parcells and it was a mistake.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The team is such a no talent, slow, mess...I don't even know where to start.

I would go with a youth movement, cut anyone 30 and over and see what we have...Draft offense, offense and offense....

Needs (in no particular order)

LT

RG

RT

QB

RB

FB

TE

WR

2 Pass Rushing OLBs

2 CBs

FS

Fill those holes and we will play meaningful games in November again!

3 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

That was Parcells and it was a mistake.

Tuna picked 37 players via the draft for us....all we got out of it was Fabini, Jason Fergueson, Coles, Ellis and Abraham....and we complained about Tannenbaum LOL!

The best drafting post 1980 was done by Rich Kotite.

Not sure how you don't at this point.  Looking at a top-5 pick with the knowledge that Mac drafted Petty, drafted Hack, traded for Fitz and tried to trade for Cousins. He wants a QB and this offseason he'll be in position to grab one (top 3) or will have the ammo to move up and get one.

13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Not sure how you don't at this point.  Looking at a top-5 pick with the knowledge that Mac drafted Petty, drafted Hack, traded for Fitz and tried to trade for Cousins. He wants a QB and this offseason he'll be in position to grab one (top 3) or will have the ammo to move up and get one.

With the Jets so invested in Hack and Petty, do you really think he's going to use a potential top 5 pick on a QB this year?   I don't mean this to be a rhetorical question.  I'm genuinely curious and think it'll pose a big dilemma for Cags.  

3 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

With the Jets so invested in Hack and Petty, do you really think he's going to use a potential top 5 pick on a QB this year?   I don't mean this to be a rhetorical question.  I'm genuinely curious and think it'll pose a big dilemma for Cags.  

I think he'd be thrilled to have more than one good young QB on the roster and he should be.  I don't think he's screwing around.  Acquired 3 QB's since getting here.

8 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

i do like next years crop of prospects. Should be exciting to see who we get. Could have a shot at one of the 3 top QBs if we keep playing like this (Kizer, Watson, Kaaya)

I think the Jets' decision to take a QB in round 1 will be one of the more talked about story lines leading up to this draft, especially given how closely Cags keeps his cards to his vest when it comes to his approach to the draft. 

Archived