Mo and Sheldon regularly No-show team meetings

AFJF

2 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Not even close

Once he tore a muscle he unfortunately hid it so he could continue his previous selfish consecutive game streak no matter how it hurt his team

Yep just like a RB who played hurt even though he couldn't practice to continue his streak..:)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Not even close

Once he tore a muscle he unfortunately hid it so he could continue his previous selfish consecutive game streak no matter how it hurt his team

the injury supposedly happened i October, he had his only good stretch of football in November.  please stop with this excuse.

His arm was weakened but strong enough to play much better than he did.  

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the injury supposedly happened i October, he had his only good stretch of football in November.  please stop with this excuse.

His arm was weakened but strong enough to play much better than he did.  

Favre's injury wasn't the only issue.  Kris Jenkins also got injured so the defense fell apart.  Schottenheimer was too dumb to integrate plays from the west coast offense Favre was more familiar with. The lockerroom hated Mangini and his ineptitude which led the jets to hire a players coach the following season

13 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Favre's injury wasn't the only issue.  Kris Jenkins also got injured so the defense fell apart.  Schottenheimer was too dumb to integrate plays from the west coast offense Favre was more familiar with. The lockerroom hated Mangini and his ineptitude which led the jets to hire a players coach the following season

I understand and Jenkins was great that year for the first couple of months.  the difference is Favre wasn't good the majority of that season.  we can blame Brian but it was Favre that killed our O.  they catered everything to Favre.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I understand and Jenkins was great that year for the first couple of months.  the difference is Favre wasn't good the majority of that season.  we can blame Brian but it was Favre that killed our O.  they catered everything to Favre.

Favre was good for about half the season.  The injury wasn't his only issue he didn't know our playbook and Schitty wasn't skilled or dynamic enough to adapt our playbook to be more like what he had in Green Bay and the following year in Minnesota 

Compare that to Mike McCoy who was able to adapt the Broncos playbook to Tim Tebow mid-season in 2011

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Favre was good for about half the season.  The injury wasn't his only issue he didn't know our playbook and Schitty wasn't skilled or dynamic enough to adapt our playbook to be more like what he had in Green Bay and the following year in Minnesota 

Compare that to Mike McCoy who was able to adapt the Broncos playbook to Tim Tebow mid-season in 2011

he was not, he was killing us most oif the year.  he had the good gam against Ari, then a few good games in Nov.  he hurt us at Miami, vs. NE, at SD, vs. Cin, vs. KC, at Oak.

Tebow did nothing in 2011, they had a great D that kept the games close and he'd make a few plays down the stretch.  their O was horrible that year despite excellent talent around the QB. McCoy also had Tebow for 2 years, Brian got Favre a month before a season was about to begin.  it was not Brian's fault, it was Favre's fault.

19 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I would estimate the cumulative effect of the other stuff, primarily the collapse of the pass defense, to be a loss of about a game across the half season or so played to date. The vast majority of the fluctuation in outcomes from 2014 to 2015 to 2016 is due to quarterback play, variance, and schedule.

I would add at least another if not two loses due to special teams.

Loss vs cincy by 1 point, missed pat and blocked fg, marshall fumble for a score in one game, punter drops snap for another td, after getting the lead a prompt kick off return for a td after a penalty.  The disaster that is the jets imo is a perfect 4 part effort, offense defense specials and coaching.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I would add at least another if not two loses due to special teams.

Now you're just being silly. Yeah, I saw that return. Yeah, I saw that snap. These kinds of plays matter more than most plays but they don't matter that much. Going from the best ST unit in the league to the worst isn't a two-game swing over the course of a whole season. There's still another 58 minutes of the rest of the team playing to its sh*t talent level that puts you in situations where an ST gaffe 'loses' you the game.

7 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Now you're just being silly. Yeah, I saw that return. Yeah, I saw that snap. These kinds of plays matter more than most plays but they don't matter that much. Going from the best ST unit in the league to the worst isn't a two-game swing over the course of a whole season. There's still another 58 minutes of the rest of the team playing to its sh*t talent level that puts you in situations where an ST gaffe 'loses' you the game.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.  We beat cincy week one if not for kicking fails. We might very well win last week if not for another fail.  In close games it is a play here or there that means wins and loses.  This year we have botched far more specials plays than we have made good one,

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.  We beat cincy week one if not for kicking fails. We might very well win last week if not for another fail.  In close games it is a play here or there that means wins and loses.  This year we have botched far more specials plays than we have made good one,

Good teams don't beat themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres how a real organization and head coach disciplines players. 

Sports

Jabaal Sheard Reportedly Won’t Play For Patriots Vs. 49ers, Will Be Healthy Scratch

New England Sports Network Sat, Nov 19 9:03 AM PST 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sports

Jabaal Sheard Reportedly Won’t Play For Patriots Vs. 49ers, Will Be Healthy Scratch

So sitting a player down for a quarter is not discipline?

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sports

They also bend the rules and cheat.  Should we copy that also ? You are dangerously close to crossing the line .  You make 1 positive comment about the Dolphins and I am done with you .  The ends do not justify the means beloved .

Archived