Mo and Sheldon regularly No-show team meetings

AFJF

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, flgreen said:

That's for Macc to decide

Bowles does not report to Macc.  Bowles was hired by Woody before Macc was hired.  They both report to Woody.

Macc puts together the roster, runs the draft and claims players.  Woody runs football "operations."

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

Bowles does not report to Macc.  Bowles was hired by Woody before Macc was hired.  They both report to Woody.

Macc puts together the roster, runs the draft and claims players.  Woody runs football "operations."

This is only partially true.  Macc was hired first and attended the 2nd interview for Bowles.  Bowles isnt' Macc's guy but he did have a say in the hire.  But if you were Macc and just got your first GM job and your very first task is to quickly decide on Bowles or Dan Quinn, one which you aren't even going to get to talk to until the week before the Superbowl what do you do?  

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

this is what Mehta was referring to when he tweeted that jets fans would be shocked at what some players get away with.  THis was the culture under Rex and it continues similarly under Bowles.  FML.

Yea, that's what I thought of when I saw this snippet too... 

3 hours ago, BroadwayJets said:

Mo has now been benched twice. Seems like Mehta was actually right about him. Santonio 2.0

Ugh.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

at least under rex the players played hard and were well coached.

Sometimes, and not all of them.

this is a side show 

If the d backs could cover, if the offense and specials were even decent, the story about the star D-linemen not showing to meetings would be more worry-some

The D line is like the only good part of this team. 

For those saying this makes Bowles look bad, Bowles did bench the stars by the way even tho Mo went to the same school Temple university. That seems like high character HC not low character. Even though again these are the few difference makers on the roster. Other HCs don't bench their difference makers, Dez Bryant hasn't been to a team meeting since ever. 

It seems like discipline and possibly an effective one. The pros like to play in games. Bowles as a former player understands how that feels to be watching the action on gameday.  

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He can get away with it because of Brady. 

Mangini did the same thing. 

No, he gets away with running a tight ship, because it produces results. How often do you see the Patriots fail to capitalize on another team's mistake? Almost never. It's not just Brady, as we saw when he was suspended. 

This is just another naive objection in a long list of them, from you.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

No, he gets away with running a tight ship, because it produces results. How often do you see the Patriots fail to capitalize on another team's mistake? Almost never. It's not just Brady, as we saw when he was suspended. 

This is just another naive objection in a long list of them, from you.

You misunderstand. If Belichick behaved this way and didnt win those Super Bowls, he would have been fired. Brady and the 2001 season bought him time to implement said system

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this is a side show 

If the d backs could cover, if the offense and specials were even decent, the story about the star D-linemen not showing to meetings would be more worry-some

For those saying this makes Bowles look bad, Bowles did bench the stars by the way even tho Mo went to the same school Temple university. That seems like high character HC not low character. Even though again these are the few difference makers on the roster. Other HCs don't bench their difference makers, Dez Bryant hasn't been to a team meeting since ever. 

It seems like discipline and possibly an effective one. The pros like to play in games. Bowles as a former player understands how that feels to be watching the action on gameday.  

The D Line isn't all that good either.  

Just now, bitonti said:

this is a side show 

It does make Bowles look bad, because discipline or not, these clowns had the audacity to disrespect the program to begin with. These guys are major contributors to the overall attitude of the team. Similar to how Faneca, Tony Richardson and other veterans have helped augment our coaches in the past years, guys like this undermine them... like Holmes and Plax. 

This type of crap has a huge ripple effect. Bowles has very little command over the moral and commitment of this team. It's very alarming.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Would you have paid him that money?

Knowing what we know now, perhaps.  Character and work ethic means a lot in the NFL.  Damon Harrison appears to be a good teammate and a hard worker in East Rutherford, what we've got in Florham Park leaves little to be desired.

SAR I

You misunderstand. If Belichick behaved this way and didnt win those Super Bowls, he would have been fired. Brady and the 2001 season bought him time to implement said system

lol, nope... as usual.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bowles benches Mo and Sheldon for being late to meetings but doesn't bench Ryan Fitzpatrick for totally disrespecting the entire organization is a press conference. 

This is why Todd Brillo face Bowles must go he's a moron who selectively enforces team rules. 

Bowles doesn't know what he is doing. He should have benched Fitz for that, or at least reprimanded him for being a child. And he should have benched him for his pathetic play on the field. I used to get so mad when Fitz played like Fitz.. now I just laugh. Legit laugh. Bowles allows it, and I guess Woody does too. The 31 other teams in the league would have went to their backup a long time ago. 

Just now, pointman said:

Bowles doesn't know what he is doing. He should have bench Fitz for that, or at least reprimanded him for being a child. And he should have benched him for his pathetic play on the field. I used to get so mad when Fitz played like Fitz.. now I just laugh. Legit laugh. Bowles allows it, and I guess Woody does too. The 31 other teams in the league would have went to their backup a long time ago. 

I laugh too it keeps me sane. The thought that this organization is so bad that we are relying on the worst QB in the NFL to win us games is truly pathetic. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I laugh too it keeps me sane. The thought that this organization is so bad that we are relying on the worst QB in the NFL to win us games is truly pathetic. 

I just don't get it, man. I don't. Its like the cycle never ends and we don't do the most basic things right. Look at the stats, Fitz is terrible. He shouldn't even be in the league. He is a poor man's Pennington minus the ability to manage a game.. so basically, he has a noodle arm and nothing else. How we keep marching that buffoon out there under center every week is just mind boggling. 

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Bowles doesn't know what he is doing. He should have bench Fitz for that, or at least reprimanded him for being a child. And he should have benched him for his pathetic play on the field. I used to get so mad when Fitz played like Fitz.. now I just laugh. Legit laugh. Bowles allows it, and I guess Woody does too. The 31 other teams in the league would have went to their backup a long time ago. 

Bench a player for being frustrated and saying some things to the press? Come on. That is nowhere near the same as not putting in the time or work. 

You can clearly see Mo and Sheldon are not putting in the work just by how they play. Fitz's performance may suck ass but at least the guy is trying every down. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't but FFS the guy is making an effort every down.

You can't prove me wrong. Unless of course you know the man. He would still be in Cleveland if that system worked

You can't prove yourself right. To suggest that "having Brady" is the only way a zero-tolerance policy on detractors works is both naive, and short-sighted. Typical of your posts. There are no-nonsense coaches all over the league. Many of them would have done more than bench these guys for a 1/4 after repeatedly being undermined by them. Bowles doing something now is on par with the Dad who tries to put his kid in timeout, after laughing at the trouble he's been causing.

Bowles gave away his power by tolerating. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with Tom Brady. It's the basic tenets of psychology and discipline. 

I have met Bill, by the way. He's no bullsh*t. It's why Parcells hired him, and wanted him as his heir. Also nothing to do with Brady.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Speaking of which, that is a fear to firing Bowles. Dumped Pete Carroll after a year and Cleveland dumps Bill Belichick.....

Holy crap we are the Browns

Is there anything you plan on writing that isn't completely inane?

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

bowles should have stated why they were sat for the first quarter-none of this coachs choice b.s

when you dont hold the inmates accountable they run the joint

parcells would have blasted these guys in the media and shamed them something awful, fined them their game checks and sat their asses

You mean the same Bill Parcells who let LT show up to practices and games high as a kite on drugs.

Archived