ASJ - The Invisible Man?

ASH1962

Does anyone have any insight as to the deal with this enigma of a player? We signed him because he supposedly has tons of talent, is big, can block as well as catch passes, yet he is never used. Is he a problem in the locker room or a team cancer? Has he been injured from the minute we signed him through the present? I have not heard a negative word about him, and figured since he got a new lease on his career, perhaps he would behave and become a model citizen. I realize our CS is (offensively) challenged, but couldn't whichever QB we trot out there use a big TE to throw to, you know, cannot have too many weapons. Besides, most, if not all of the big teams now in the NFL have a legitimate pass catching TE, which bails out the QB. Just look at Dallas for example with Witten and a rookie QB who is 8-1. What really irks me is we have so many glaring weaknesses and holes, had we used ASJ correctly and he turned into a legitimate TE for us, that just would have been one area we did not have to address come this offseason. I wonder, if BB signed him would they never use him?

So what's the deal with this guy? I just read an article that someone predicts he is one of 5+ Jets that will not return next season and I cannot understand why. If there were issues, the media would have gotten hold of that and broadcast it all over the world, and as I said previously, I have heard nothing. Have you?

55 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Does anyone have any insight as to the deal with this enigma of a player? We signed him because he supposedly has tons of talent, is big, can block as well as catch passes, yet he is never used. Is he a problem in the locker room or a team cancer? Has he been injured from the minute we signed him through the present? I have not heard a negative word about him, and figured since he got a new lease on his career, perhaps he would behave and become a model citizen. I realize our CS is (offensively) challenged, but couldn't whichever QB we trot out there use a big TE to throw to, you know, cannot have too many weapons. Besides, most, if not all of the big teams now in the NFL have a legitimate pass catching TE, which bails out the QB. Just look at Dallas for example with Witten and a rookie QB who is 8-1. What really irks me is we have so many glaring weaknesses and holes, had we used ASJ correctly and he turned into a legitimate TE for us, that just would have been one area we did not have to address come this offseason. I wonder, if BB signed him would they never use him?

So what's the deal with this guy? I just read an article that someone predicts he is one of 5+ Jets that will not return next season and I cannot understand why. If there were issues, the media would have gotten hold of that and broadcast it all over the world, and as I said previously, I have heard nothing. Have you?

Supposedly injured, though team is vague about seriousness of injury. I just think Gailey doesn't want to utilize the TE position. We are talking about Austin Sefarian-Jenkins correct?

5 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Okay, well that's helpful....He's garbage, 10-4

I have answered your question before.  Apparently, you missed it, weren't paying attention, or it wasn't what you wanted to hear so you ignored it.

1) immature punk; both off the field and at his job.

2) not coachable. Multiple problems with Tampa CS, both reported and I'm sure some that weren't.

3) work ethic stinks.  Did in college, still does today.

4) Can't or won't learn the playbook.  Spent 1 and 1/2 years in Koetter's system and was still running the wrong routes regularly in Tampa.

He is a jerkoff that is going to waste his athletic talents and be out of the league shortly.  Any questions?

Oh, and as for your thoughts that if something was wrong, the media would've caught wind of it? The Jets seem to have kept alot of stuff in-house successfully.  Not all.  But this team is certainly not an open book as in the past.

Bringing in a POS like ASJ was a terrible decision.  Florham Park is a workplace.  Not a treatment center.

7 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

i think he got hurt. And when he did he fell into the black hole

23 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Chan Gailey doesn't utilize the TE position ironically the rest of the NFL does. 

Typical JETS... we know better.  We KNEW Marino and Sapp would suck so we bypassed them in the draft. Same with that POS Russel Wilson, he sucks too. The rest of the league will catch uo to us.  We are ahead of our time, thats all.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Typical JETS... we know better.  We KNEW Marino and Sapp would suck so we bypassed them in the draft. Same with that POS Russel Wilson, he sucks too. The rest of the league will catch uo to us.  We are ahead of our time, thats all.

Kind of nonsensical given how many passed on these players.  It happens.  All the time.

Do you want to give them "typical Jets" for finding a Chrebet, a Harper, a Klecko, etc. too? 

This shlt happens to all teams.  

18 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I have answered your question before.  Apparently, you missed it, weren't paying attention, or it wasn't what you wanted to hear so you ignored it.

1) immature punk; both off the field and at his job.

2) not coachable. Multiple problems with Tampa CS, both reported and I'm sure some that weren't.

3) work ethic stinks.  Did in college, still does today.

4) Can't or won't learn the playbook.  Spent 1 and 1/2 years in Koetter's system and was still running the wrong routes regularly in Tampa.

He is a jerkoff that is going to waste his athletic talents and be out of the league shortly.  Any questions?

Oh, and as for your thoughts that if something was wrong, the media would've caught wind of it? The Jets seem to have kept alot of stuff in-house successfully.  Not all.  But this team is certainly not an open book as in the past.

Bringing in a POS like ASJ was a terrible decision.  Florham Park is a workplace.  Not a treatment center.

Ok Mister Wizard, that's for the condescending, opinionated, uneducated, speculative reply. So that iws what you have to offer here, "He's a jerkoff". Nice, takes a jerkoff to know a jerkoff I suppose. Just one question, where do you conjure up your information? Are you there in practice with the team? You are right about one thing, when you type something, I do not listen nor understand your idiocy and are now fresh on my ignore list. Bye moron.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Ok Mister Wizard, that's for the condescending, opinionated, uneducated, speculative reply. So that iws what you have to offer here, "He's a jerkoff". Nice, takes a jerkoff to know a jerkoff I suppose. Just one question, where do you conjure up your information? Are you there in practice with the team? You are right about one thing, when you type something, I do not listen nor understand your idiocy and are now fresh on my ignore list. Bye moron.

Too bad.  I get my info from Tampa radio personalities and Bucs beat writers.  I live in Sarasota, FL. 

My sources are informed and around the Buccaneers all the time. 

Thanks for playing.

The fast food Generation that made McDonald's a house hold name, feeds it to themselves and their kids instead of cooking and complains about being fat and out of shape . When I was a kid, my mother(resting in peace) always cooked and we always had carefully prepared hot foot for dinner . I got married and while I still occasionally have home cook dinners, what my mom did for me and my brothers and sisters is sorely missed.

I say that to say this :

Last year at this time, we were wondering who our 3rd WR would be, who was going to be playing inside LBer, who would be the best free agent to acquire for the RG position and so on and so on . We have the choice at TE from a 2nd round pick who was displaying that his supposed strength was not really a strength and a bunch of never was players who made Jeff Cumberland look like Antonio Gates .

As of today:

We have 4 rising candidates at WR to back up the 2 starters.

We have 4 youngsters at the inside and outside Linebacker position who will have solid game time tape to review and critique all bringing increased speed to the position that wasn't present this time last yr.

We have seen the growth of a youngster at OC, RT and RG (Johnson, Winters, Ijalana) to go along with a stud at LG in Carpenter that brings youth and strength to an aging OL sorely in need .

We have in place 3 candidates at TE who potentially is a stark improvement on what we had at this time last yr . ( ASJ, Tomlinson and Bowman) (Amaro,  Bostic and Davis)

We have youngsters gaining valuable experience across the board in just every area of this team, yet all you miserable folks can see is your own misery .  It takes time to build from nothing, and believe it or not, that is where the Jets were when this coaching staff and Front office took over. I said that the best thing to happen to the jets and Todd Bowles was losing to Buffalo and missing the playoffs and my inspiration is being proven right . The NY Jets was not a playoff team, and didn't need to fool folks into believing that it was 

What we needed was a firm foundation on which to build a team that could  sustain excellence over  many yrs and that was not going to happen with aging players at just about all the starting positions and backups with little to no experience .  Take another look Jet fans, and notice what has been happening before our very eyes. On our current roster, we have 14 players at 29 or over including on the injured reserve and we can get by without any of em.  We will keep a few, but this team is no longer old and slow folks .  It just lacks experience and that is being taken care of due to some well timed injuries .

We will be fine if we stay the course . Fast food looks good and may even taste good, but it's not really healthy . Nothing can replace a well prepared meal that takes time and patience .  Momma is cooking folks, so just go play and wait until she calls . 

That is all .

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The fast food Generation that made McDonald's a house hold name, feeds it to themselves and their kids instead of cooking and complains about being fat and out of shape . When I was a kid, my mother(resting in peace) always cooked and we always had carefully prepared hot foot for dinner . I got married and while I still occasionally have home cook dinners, what my mom did for me and my brothers and sisters is sorely missed.

I say that to say this :

Last year at this time, we were wondering who our 3rd WR would be, who was going to be playing inside LBer, who would be the best free agent to acquire for the RG position and so on and so on . We have the choice at TE from a 2nd round pick who was displaying that his supposed strength was not really a strength and a bunch of never was players who made Jeff Cumberland look like Antonio Gates .

As of today:

We have 4 rising candidates at WR to back up the 2 starters.

We have 4 youngsters at the inside and outside Linebacker position who will have solid game time tape to review and critique all bringing increased speed to the position that wasn't present this time last yr.

We have seen the growth of a youngster at OC, RT and RG (Johnson, Winters, Ijalana) to go along with a stud at LG in Carpenter that brings youth and strength to an aging OL sorely in need .

We have in place 3 candidates at TE who potentially is a stark improvement on what we had at this time last yr . ( ASJ, Tomlinson and Bowman) (Amaro,  Bostic and Davis)

We have youngsters gaining valuable experience across the board in just every area of this team, yet all you miserable folks can see is your own misery .  It takes time to build from nothing, and believe it or not, that is where the Jets were when this coaching staff and Front office took over. I said that the best thing to happen to the jets and Todd Bowles was losing to Buffalo and missing the playoffs and my inspiration is being proven right . The NY Jets was not a playoff team, and didn't need to fool folks into believing that it was 

What we needed was a firm foundation on which to build a team that could  sustain excellence over  many yrs and that was not going to happen with aging players at just about all the starting positions and backups with little to no experience .  Take another look Jet fans, and notice what has been happening before our very eyes. On our current roster, we have 14 players at 29 or over including on the injured reserve and we can get by without any of em.  We will keep a few, but this team is no longer old and slow folks .  It just lacks experience and that is being taken care of due to some well timed injuries .

We will be fine if we stay the course . Fast food looks good and may even taste good, but it's not really healthy . Nothing can replace a well prepared meal that takes time and patience .  Momma is cooking folks, so just go play and wait until she calls . 

That is all .

So what's your opinion of ASJ? 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

ASJ is a risk vs reward player Gailey gone next year  ASJ can help this team if he gets his head on right.

1.  What makes you think he's gone next year?

2.  Who do you see available to replace him.

3.  Why do you think the offense would be better with your well thought out choice

4. What does your choice bring to the table?

5. Do you ever stop whining and firing people just for the F of it?

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

1.  What makes you think he's gone next year?

2.  Who do you see available to replace him.

3.  Why do you think the offense would be better with your well thought out choice

4. What does your choice bring to the table?

5. Do you ever stop whining and firing people just for the F of it?

Chan Gailey does not utilize the TE hasnt in years a TE can be an added weapon to an offense or dump off for the QB. 

Learn the game. 

17 minutes ago, TJ said:

So what's your opinion of ASJ? 

He is someone I was interested in drafting with our 2nd round pick . He appears to be a troubled young man, but his football talent is unquestioned . He's a true TE capable of blocking at the POA and catching passes . The key will be to get his issue out and deal with it . 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Chan Gailey does not utilize the TE hasnt in years a TE can be an added weapon to an offense or dump off for the QB. 

Learn the game. 

Ignore the question with some clown answer.

The Jets dont have a TE for him to use.  He has used TEs int he past, learn the game and the OC you whine about without knowing a thing about.

Back to the questions, are you capable of talking football or just scream he suck, fire him without a single idea why?  Trolling away on every thread

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Ignore the question with some clown answer.

The Jets dont have a TE for him to use.  He has used TEs int he past, learn the game and the OC you whine about without knowing a thing about.

Back to the questions, are you capable of talking football or just scream he suck, fire him without a single idea why?  Trolling away on every thread

Not ignoring the question Gailey is a dinosaur I'm sick and tired of the 3rd and long draw plays, the shuffle passes, and the dink and dunk offense and how we struggle in the red zone and seem to play for the FG. 

Gailey seems to have gone anti-TE the last few years. 

No whining unlike you just facts.....

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not ignoring the question Gailey is a dinosaur I'm sick and tired of the 3rd and long draw plays, the shuffle passes, and the dink and dunk offense and how we struggle in the red zone and seem to play for the FG. 

Gailey seems to have gone anti-TE the last few years. 

No whining unlike you just facts.....

You totally are ignoring the question.

You also seem to not get that the short dump offs, the shuffle passes are on the QB, not the OC.  But thats OK.

NO facts, Gaily has no TE, he cant use a TE.  But to you that means he doesnt want to use the TE.  

And its whining because you have no thoughts on who to bring in or why.  Its whining when all you want to do is fire someone without a different plan of person in mind.  100s of posts saying the same thing independent of coaching or playing position says its a whine

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You totally are ignoring the question.

You also seem to not get that the short dump offs, the shuffle passes are on the QB, not the OC.  But thats OK.

NO facts, Gaily has no TE, he cant use a TE.  But to you that means he doesnt want to use the TE.  

The Jets are off today you certainly wont be aggravating me today. 

Enjoy the day.. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The Jets are off today you certainly wont be aggravating me today. 

Enjoy the day.. 

Yet youre here saying the same stupid shlt you repeat over and over when they do play.

Nothing changes, its the same shlt different day for you

Just another one of those Jet mysteries like why don't the use Jets tight ends in the first place and why did Bowles stop playing Ivory after he reeled off a 56 yard run in the most important game of the season last year in favor of a guy who has only 3 rushing attempts this year.

Just doesn't make any sense and I haven't heard any reasonable explanations.

11 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Just another one of those Jet mysteries like why don't the use Jets tight ends in the first place and why did Bowles stop playing Ivory after he reeled off a 56 yard run in the most important game of the season last year in favor of a guy who has only 3 rushing attempts this year.

Ugh, because Ivory was hurt?

12 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

So right you are Ivory didnt look hurt when he ran for 58 yards.  

Explanation is Todd Bowles is a moron maybe Ivory said something after the run because he wasnt playing and Bowles benched him who knows, 

Archived