Raiders first winning season

kevinc855

Just now, peebag said:

and right tackle and running back.  A decent LB would be nice as well

Again, this reliance on exceptionally washed-up players like Harris and Fitzpatrick seems absurd. They don't actually give you the BEST chance to win. They give you the best chance of fooling yourself that you have a chance.

23 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Since 2002, guess it could always be worse. We haven't been as bad as the raiders in the last decade but gives me hope we can turn it around one day 

And what day do you think is with no such thing as a rebuild?  Since, obviously, the Raiders didn't start piecing this team together since 2013 or anything?

The Raiders took a lot of heat by cutting big named veterans and looking terrible for a few years when they ate all that dead money.  Then they took the very conservative route of building through the draft, and not gouging on free agents.

We were actually in a similar place talent wise after 2014 but we did the opposite in 2015 and spent like crazy.

Well, the results are in...

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Like the Seahawks, the Raiders are what happens when you draft well and make smart free agency choices. The Jets are what happens when you do neither of those things.

It's what happens when you get a franchise QB. 

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Since 2002, guess it could always be worse. We haven't been as bad as the raiders in the last decade but gives me hope we can turn it around one day 

They haven't accomplished anything yet.  The Afc West and the Afc conference is there for the taking.   They are going to have to play much  much better on defense if this teams has any aspirations of going anywhere this year.

If someone told me the Raiders were going to get back a 100% healthy Mario Edwards Jr( IR) , and Aldon Smith before the season was up .    I would love this defense chances of getting  a lot better , and would like the teams chances against anyone in the Afc.

Realistic they probably can count only on Aldon Smith being reinstated( NFL has to make a decision this week)  , as I don't think Edwards is going to be healthy enough to return.( silly to even think of playing him if he isn't 100% healthy- too valuable of a player on defense longterm ,  to risk it.) 

It's time for Delrio and Ken Norton Jr to pull their heads out of their butts. The time for development is over, and it's time to put the best guys out there that are going to give you the best chance On defense to win right now.      See Jihad Ward who in time going to be very good, but is getting too many snaps right now.( D Latham another rookie has earned more snaps on defense over Ward).

Archived