Movie Madness 2 - Confusing Counterparts

Pac

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Asks why we're not lynching Smash.  Votes Ape.

WIFOM

Not bad actually.  I was totally planning on going off and hurling insult after insult at you...but I'm impressed, these are in fact, 2 scummy posts.  

But I love Nolder and killed him on D1 last game with only 1 post.  hahahahahaha

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lizard King said:

I don't know why that's a bad question to ask

I didnt like it.

Felt like you were trying to game the mod.  This person must be this because this character is like him/her.  sh*tty way to go about casing people.  I think that's what you were going for, whether you admit it or not.  Also, Pac has already said we're not allowed to reveal character names.

So not sure what knowing if it was random or not would accomplish.  What were you trying to accomplish? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I didnt like it.

Felt like you were trying to game the mod.  This person must be this because this character is like him/her.  sh*tty way to go about casing people.  I think that's what you were going for, whether you admit it or not.  Also, Pac has already said we're not allowed to reveal character names.

So not sure what knowing if it was random or not would accomplish.  What were you trying to accomplish? 

Odds that certain people could roll scum x amount of games in a row based on probabilities. Math sht. That was a strong defense of your position though. Interesting.

Just now, Lizard King said:

Odds that certain people could roll scum x amount of games in a row based on probabilities. Math sht.

I've seen people do this sh*t so many times over the years. It doesn't work. Just stop. A probability is not a certainty and even if you're right it would be a sh*tty way to catch someone. Catch them on gameplay (or non gameplay if you prefer).

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not bad actually.  I was totally planning on going off and hurling insult after insult at you...but I'm impressed, these are in fact, 2 scummy posts.  

But I love Nolder and killed him on D1 last game with only 1 post.  hahahahahaha

This was my initial hesitation for voting him.  Likability and also his return from a layoff.  But I don't have a plan B right now. 

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I've seen people do this sh*t so many times over the years. It doesn't work. Just stop. A probability is not a certainty and even if you're right it would be a sh*tty way to catch someone. Catch them on gameplay (or non gameplay if you prefer).

CTM has shot down that line of thinking every single time too.  One thing you couldn't f*ck with him on was math and probability. 

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

And the desk stopbys are out of hand today too! 

Sometimes I have to play Mafia with only earbud in because of that fear.  Always makes the sound kinda weird, because on some songs I'll only hear the bass and not the guitar part as a result (or vice versa) and not understand what's wrong for a few seconds.  "Where's Jimmy Page's guitar solo?  Is this a different version or......wait......"

Luckily my taste in music mostly sucks so it doesn't matter much.  Standup comedy FTW!

Really wasnt concerned with Lizzie talking about people not in game, I've done it plenty. 

The thing that is concerning is the last few posts, he asks the mod if it was random selection.  Didnt explain why.  Naturally, one would think it was because of what I explained earlier, game the mod.  This character must be this player because DPR = Dead Pirate Roberts, for example.  Simple and stupid.  Not a way of going about it but no worries, that wasnt his plan.

The plan was use the math and work odds and probabilities to see if someone could be scum again.  Makes zero sense for literally 100 different reasons the easiest to explain, the roster is ever changing, so how the **** would that work?  I'm bad at the math but this doesnt make sense. 

And then there's the fact it was Lizzie, who I'm pretty confident hasnt applied logic to this game since he started playing.

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Minute I died I knew it was you. LOL  If you mod or your scum Im pretty much dead as **** night 1. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Good to know for future games when I'm scum...

I think it was me who pushed for killing Crusher the most, no?  JiF gets a pass for that one. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

And then there's the fact it was Lizzie, who I'm pretty confident hasnt applied logic to this game since he started playing.

Took you 4 paragraphs to come to the crux of the issue.  It's why I have to put him on ignore during games.  Trying to understand where he's coming from is an exercise in futility. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sometimes I have to play Mafia with only earbud in because of that fear.  Always makes the sound kinda weird, because on some songs I'll only hear the bass and not the guitar part as a result (or vice versa) and not understand what's wrong for a few seconds.  "Where's Jimmy Page's guitar solo?  Is this a different version or......wait......"

Luckily my taste in music sucks so it doesn't matter much.  Standup comedy FTW!

I'm actually trying to write out a business case, but my email archive is broken. No one can fix it. This is going on 2 weeks of being bounced around from IT dept to IT dept. I'm also having a SharePoint workflow built and that's demanding more time than ever today. People also keep stopping by to talk about other projects. 

Earbuds are not deterring anyone today. :-/ 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think it was me who pushed for killing Crusher the most, no?  JiF gets a pass for that one. 

You did but I didnt even hesitate to agree.  lol

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Took you 4 paragraphs to come to the crux of the issue.  It's why I have to put him on ignore.  Trying to understand where he's coming from is an exercise in futility. 

True but I had to wrap up my line of questioning which was really just the start of cascading failure. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

DPR's posts are rotten and smell like a distillery, but at least he's participating. I'm very close to moving toward an inactive for the sake of getting some content. Could vote Smash, Dice, Nyn or Zander.

I was here last night where were you?

I notice you have a load more posts then me but have probably said less that makes any sense but I suppose that's a given considering you don't even know who is or isn't playing the game.

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My god your a persnickety little bitch

My game will not be ruined by the lazy, run em' up and reveal epidemic that has helped ruin mafia on JN.

Although I often set a standard too high for others to achieve, I want people playing the game and using deductive reasoning rather than lazy play.

• Upvote 1