Movie Madness 2 - Confusing Counterparts

Pac

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

There is a point where the game gets buried in all the bickering, and it is no longer fun to participate. 

Fair point, but I would argue that other people participating is the quickest path out of a bickerfest. If 4 people are driving the game, 2 can take it over easily. If 10 are participating the 2 cannot usurp the game as easily.

Frankly, the whining about this is stupid. We've been playing for years. Same people whining about bickering now we're never shy about applauding the hilarity of it in the past.

It's mafia, arguing happens... 

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, Crusher, that's really not it. Smash and I were 2 of very few people that put forth effort. I credit him for that, at least. 

Thd problem is people have abandoned logic, strategy, and giving a sh*t about the actual puzzle solving aspect of the game.  Nothing thrives when the majority of participants have become apathetic. Verbal is a great example, he always says he doesn't care anymore. I get it, but it's not good if everyone thinks similarly. Bickering is part of the game. It's not the undoing of it. The notion that bickering ruined mafia is unfair. I wanted to lynch a guy that I caught lying, and I couldn't get anyone to give me the time of day. Lynch all liars... That's basic. 

People don't care, and don't try, and the debates and play have become lazy. Bickering isn't the problem, it's just a remnant of what's left when people dial back effort.

Yeah but we have always have had high effort people and low effort people. Always. Like you are one of those high effort people and you really make the games better. Dan x when she plays is a low effort person but still adds to the game. Lilly is another low effort person but still fun to play with. Bickering is fine and is part of the game but when bickering overrides game play becoming nothing more than an incoherent pile of arguing puss it detracts from the game. Lynch all liars is stupid. Has nothing to do with the actual game play. Just a dumb catch phrase doggin made up. Pretty sure he was probably scum when he made it up. Sometimes town has to lie. We all do it and have done it.

I do agree people have become lazy and there certainly is truth to what your saying. If more people were contributing there would be something other than bickering in the game thread. It just takes away from it and I really think the lack of cooperation hurts the game as well. People would rather argue than problem solve.

Over doing any aspect takes away from the game. Just seems to me the same people go at it with the same people every game and it has nothing to do with alignment or game play. Maybe its just me being a sensitive twat. Nonetheless as far as Im concerned JN mafia is dead.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Fair point, but I would argue that other people participating is the quickest path out of a bickerfest. If 4 people are driving the game, 2 can take it over easily. If 10 are participating the 2 cannot usurp the game as easily.

Frankly, the whining about this is stupid. We've been playing for years. Same people whining about bickering now we're never shy about applauding the hilarity of it in the past.

Last I checked, I wasn't ******* whining about anything. Except maybe it being ******* cold outside. 

The bickerfest sucks to try to wade through and find a way to participate in the game again. Especially I know for me. I am only playing via mobile and when I can steal a few mins here and there. My new job is pretty demanding of my time and I don't have the luxury of playing like I used to. So, lets say I have 10 mins to catch up, I can tell you for sure I'm going to give up on a game if all I see is 5 pages of the same sh*t over and over and over again. Like why would I even bother? 

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I agree participation helps. I will whine about anything I like and while your waiting for me to stop go suck a big fat gigantic cock. Arguing and bickering are part of mafia. The problem is when the game becomes nothing but that. Sam old argument over and over again. 

45 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah but we have always have had high effort people and low effort people. Always. Like you are one of those high effort people and you really make the games better. Dan x when she plays is a low effort person but still adds to the game. Lilly is another low effort person but still fun to play with. Bickering is fine and is part of the game but when bickering overrides game play becoming nothing more than an incoherent pile of arguing puss it detracts from the game. Lynch all liars is stupid. Has nothing to do with the actual game play. Just a dumb catch phrase doggin made up. Pretty sure he was probably scum when he made it up. Sometimes town has to lie. We all do it and have done it.

I do agree people have become lazy and there certainly is truth to what your saying. If more people were contributing there would be something other than bickering in the game thread. It just takes away from it and I really think the lack of cooperation hurts the game as well. People would rather argue than problem solve.

Over doing any aspect takes away from the game. Just seems to me the same people go at it with the same people every game and it has nothing to do with alignment or game play. Maybe its just me being a sensitive twat. Nonetheless as far as Im concerned JN mafia is dead.

When I say effort, I'm not necessarily talking about post volume. I'm talking about a certain level of "giving a sh*t". Like I talked about in a previous post, logic, strategy and give a sh*t.

You're wrong about lying, you catch someone lying, it's purely about the gameplay. I used the catch phrase to shorthand reference what I was getting at. If all you took from what I wrote there was the catch phrase, then I supposed there's not much else to talk about. Town doesn't need to lie to get another townie lynched. That was the context in this game. I don't want to argue about hypotheticals, I'll stick to the example in this game, the one being bitched about.

To the bold, arguing is part of how I problem solve. Polarization in a debate creates opportunities for onlookers to choose sides, maneuver, etc. Often times it helps me gain reads on the people not involved in the argument. I've also known many good players who don't want to put the effort into arguing, but rely on guys like me to force it, so they can make reads.

43 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Last I checked, I wasn't ******* whining about anything. Except maybe it being ******* cold outside. 

The bickerfest sucks to try to wade through and find a way to participate in the game again. Especially I know for me. I am only playing via mobile and when I can steal a few mins here and there. My new job is pretty demanding of my time and I don't have the luxury of playing like I used to. So, lets say I have 10 mins to catch up, I can tell you for sure I'm going to give up on a game if all I see is 5 pages of the same sh*t over and over and over again. Like why would I even bother? 

I think the bold is the bigger issue here... that's the case for most of us. The bickering isn't new. The attentiveness that people have to read through it has. I get that can be a pain, but I don't think it warrants the degree of grievance going on right now.

I never singled you out as whining. ;)

57 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

So Ape they tell me that we would prolly get along splendidly in a game!!!!!

giggity giggty goo!!!!!!

We've played before on DM. I think you were the Pollyanna that complained to the mods about me... :P

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I agree participation helps. I will whine about anything I like and while your waiting for me to stop go suck a big fat gigantic cock. Arguing and bickering are part of mafia. The problem is when the game becomes nothing but that. Sam old argument over and over again. 

The bold basically makes the point I've been making. Bickering is part of play. This game had no more bickering than any typical game... but this game specifically had a lot of people that didn't give a ****, didn't post, didn't try... and THAT is why the D2 argument over-shadowed the game. The fact that the game only lasted to D3 was a contributing factor. If the game went the normal 5-6 phases, then it would not have seemed so "big" a part of the game.

I don't believe this was the same old argument either. I wish people would have actually read the points made, if they were planning on bitching about it. I caught Smash lying to try to get me lynched. That's not a "same old argument", to me it was a "gotcha". I played my ass off trying to catch him, trying a vet if he'd lie as town, and get him lynched. My responses to him were all in the context of illustrated where and how he was either lying, or spinning narrative. That's all gameplay dude. 

Listen, I can tell when you've got other stuff making you grumpy, it's cool. I'm the one being singled-out, because I'm apparently the only one who is supposed to know exactly how much bickering each individual here is willing to put up with from one game to the next. It's good feedback. I hear you.

I don't really care to talk about it anymore. I don't plan on playing anytime soon. No love lost. :)

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

When I say effort, I'm not necessarily talking about post volume. I'm talking about a certain level of "giving a sh*t". Like I talked about in a previous post, logic, strategy and give a sh*t.

You're wrong about lying, you catch someone lying, it's purely about the gameplay. I used the catch phrase to shorthand reference what I was getting at. If all you took from what I wrote there was the catch phrase, then I supposed there's not much else to talk about. Town doesn't need to lie to get another townie lynched. That was the context in this game. I don't want to argue about hypotheticals, I'll stick to the example in this game, the one being bitched about.

To the bold, arguing is part of how I problem solve. Polarization in a debate creates opportunities for onlookers to choose sides, maneuver, etc. Often times it helps me gain reads on the people not involved in the argument. I've also known many good players who don't want to put the effort into arguing, but rely on guys like me to force it, so they can make reads.

I agree with most of this.  I also know nothing will change.  More I think about it I'm probably just being a twat because killing ex spouses is frowned on. 

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We've played before on DM. I think you were the Pollyanna that complained to the mods about me... :P

if ure talking about the game u quit after being told if you dont like the rules then leave that was me. And i didnt go to the mods I just told you ITT

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The bold basically makes the point I've been making. Bickering is part of play. This game had no more bickering than any typical game... but this game specifically had a lot of people that didn't give a ****, didn't post, didn't try... and THAT is why the D2 argument over-shadowed the game. The fact that the game only lasted to D3 was a contributing factor. If the game went the normal 5-6 phases, then it would not have seemed so "big" a part of the game.

I don't believe this was the same old argument either. I wish people would have actually read the points made, if they were planning on bitching about it. I caught Smash lying to try to get me lynched. That's not a "same old argument", to me it was a "gotcha". I played my ass off trying to catch him, trying a vet if he'd lie as town, and get him lynched. My responses to him were all in the context of illustrated where and how he was either lying, or spinning narrative. That's all gameplay dude. 

Listen, I can tell when you've got other stuff making you grumpy, it's cool. I'm the one being singled-out, because I'm apparently the only one who is supposed to know exactly how much bickering each individual here is willing to put up with from one game to the next. It's good feedback. I hear you.

I don't really care to talk about it anymore. I don't plan on playing anytime soon. No love lost. :)

I'm already there Ape. Truth is you singled your self out. I would expect nothing less from you. Have a happy holiday. 

23 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I agree with most of this.  I also know nothing will change.  More I think about it I'm probably just being a twat because killing ex spouses is frowned on. 

I had a feeling. 

Let's talk about something different, like home improvement projects and how they snowball into 9 trips to Home Depot in a 15 day span... 

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I'm already there Ape. Truth is you singled your self out. I would expect nothing less from you. Have a happy holiday. 

I read the dead thread. It doesn't take much to figure out who everyone is bitching about. GFY for the bold, you fatty... lol

25 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

if ure talking about the game u quit after being told if you dont like the rules then leave that was me. And i didnt go to the mods I just told you ITT

was it really you? lol, i actually just made that up... i thought it was a girl

******* pussy

2 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

im not the one who left in a huff when someone called him out :D

Neither am I, sally. I left rolling my eyes. 

I wish I realized it was you, I would have shot you instead of AVM. Only after berating you with profanity.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I had a feeling. 

Let's talk about something different, like home improvement projects and how they snowball into 9 trips to Home Depot in a 15 day span... 

Funny enough my parents are coming down for my 50th birthday this New Year's Eve so Mrs Crusher decided We had to paint the living room, hall and ceiling. Been like living at Lowes. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

Funny enough my parents are coming down for my 50th birthday this New Year's Eve so Mrs Crusher decided We had to paint the living room, hall and ceiling. Been like living at Lowes. 

We're hosting Christmas and have family coming in from 3 states. We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to make things perfect for everyone, so we renovated the family room. LOL

I work best with a deadline. Room looks amazing... but man... what was I thinking.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We're hosting Christmas and have family coming in from 3 states. We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to make things perfect for everyone, so we renovated the family room. LOL

I work best with a deadline. Room looks amazing... but man... what was I thinking.

My family decorates like a gay wedding for every holiday and birthday. Eleventy billion tack holes  and a quarter trillion tape marks. I use s gallon of spacke in tack holes alone. I have no idea wtf they are so excited for. 

Just now, The Crusher said:

LOL. Yes. It's my fat asses fault you think your the center of all discussions. I'm sorry. 

"WAHHHH bickering is ruining teh mafia goodness"

There was 1 argument, I was part of it, and every other comment is about how "Ape should have walked away". It may not have been intentional, but let's face it. I'm at the center of this. 

It doesn't matter. I don't care and don't plan on playing much more. It's a waste of time.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

My family decorates like a gay wedding for every holiday and birthday. Eleventy billion tack holes  and a quarter trillion tape marks. I use s gallon of sparkle in tack holes alone. I have no idea wtf they are so excited for. 

I can one-up you I think.... the previous owners here painted exterior latex paint over oil-based paint on all the trim, without prepping it properly. Plus it's an ugly tan color. So, every room we paint we have to sand the trim down on all our antique hardwood trim, prep the surface, repair the damage, then coat with 2-3 layers of primer, and 2-3 layers of new paint. Then, and only then, we can paint the walls. I have to replace all the caulking in the room. Repair cracked ceilings. Install new window treatments, door hardware, etc.

It's never-ending, but I do good work given the circumstances... so it's looking great.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

"WAHHHH bickering is ruining teh mafia goodness"

There was 1 argument, I was part of it, and every other comment is about how "Ape should have walked away". It may not have been intentional, but let's face it. I'm at the center of this. 

It doesn't matter. I don't care and don't plan on playing much more. It's a waste of time.

Yes. We will both quit teh mafia and start a home improvement business. But  let me do the talking. Your kind of a dick. Just saying. 

51 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I can one-up you I think.... the previous owners here painted exterior latex paint over oil-based paint on all the trim, without prepping it properly. Plus it's an ugly tan color. So, every room we paint we have to sand the trim down on all our antique hardwood trim, prep the surface, repair the damage, then coat with 2-3 layers of primer, and 2-3 layers of new paint. Then, and only then, we can paint the walls. I have to replace all the caulking in the room. Repair cracked ceilings. Install new window treatments, door hardware, etc.

It's never-ending, but I do good work given the circumstances... so it's looking great.

Wow, do you ever take your mouth off your own dick? Like ever ? LOL.  Sounds nice Ape. 

• Upvote 1