Movie Madness 2 - Confusing Counterparts

Pac

35 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

That's why I said you've already met, in the sign up lol

Not sure I ever went back in that thread. 

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. We will both quit teh mafia and start a home improvement business. But  let me do the talking. Your kind of a dick. Just saying. 

I'll do all the work, you just sit back and fat, and make sure nobody gets upset with you. Business model is already rock solid. 

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not sure I ever went back in that thread. 

I'll do all the work, you just sit back and fat, and make sure nobody gets upset with you. Business model is already rock solid. 

Yes. You do the work and I will be loveable. Can't miss. As long as you never speak. We got this shit. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

80 is the only scum who tried to effect the game. If you don't play scum like a  manipulator, you aren't playing. Sitting back and watching is lame as sh*t.

Also, one mislynch shouldn't create LYLO is a game this size, but it effectively did. That's not balanced IMO, but I don't really care. The game was fun, ambitious and entertaining which is more important than balance sometimes.

Also... are you serious with that mess in the dead thread, now you want to act like the adult? Hahahahaha... what a mess.

I am serious about that mess in the dead thread and the reason why is you take little things and turn them into something much bigger than they should be we are both stubborn players there's no denying that so it just was not a good mix. In the end I got lynched which obviously didn't help us. I feel you start blaming everyone when sh*t don't go your way and TBH you need to stop doing that. I think you are a good player but sometimes you take it a bit too far . 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

I am serious about that mess in the dead thread and the reason why is you take little things and turn them into something much bigger than they should be we are both stubborn players there's no denying that so it just was not a good mix. In the end I got lynched which obviously didn't help us. I feel you start blaming everyone when sh*t don't go your way and TBH you need to stop doing that. I think you are a good player but sometimes you take it a bit too far . 

I think you're a mess, who got called a bad guy in a game where it should be expected and went completely batsh*t crazy, and now has the audacity to tell me I take it too far. 

That dead thread is shameful. If you respond casually to me wondering if you bussed like Jif did, or nolder, none of that happens. You brought it upon yourself and politicked all over the dead thread without a shred of humility or accountability.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I think you're a mess, who got called a bad guy in a game where it should be expected and went completely batsh*t crazy, and now has the audacity to tell me I take it too far. 

That dead thread is shameful. If you respond casually to me wondering if you bussed like Jif did, or nolder, none of that happens. You brought it upon yourself and politicked all over the dead thread without a shred of humility or accountability.

Wait what? I am very confused about what's going on. What did I and Jif do?

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

Wait what? I am very confused about what's going on. What did I and Jif do?

I suggested that you and JIF also might have bussed 80. Neither of you flipped your lids, or retaliated with narratives and lies, and therefore didn't get cased/entrenched in the horrible, abhorrent, disgusting, life-ruining "bickering" that has ruined mafia forever, and ever, and ever... 

Like I said, if Smash doesn't start lying and sh*t in his OMGUS meltdown, then I don't zero in on him, and the fighting doesn't escalate. He jumps in here and says I don't know when to quit, but if you look at the dead thread, he carried his nonsense right into there arguing with me when I wasn't even there. He set the tone for the bickering, and since everyone is expressing their displeasure with it, he's politicking to put it on me.

I don't mind being the bad guy, and I let a lot of you vent whatever frustrations you have in life on me regularly in these games and out of them, but I'm also not going to lay down and be the scapegoat for this game being annoying. I played how I always play. I'll say it one last time, it's mafia, bickering happens. If the game was longer, and people participated more, then the dust-ups don't have as big a presence in these games.

56 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Were gonna have so much fun playing together imo

lololololololol

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

We have played together. I think. Either way, I'm not really interested in any games any time soon. I'm sure we'll grab a game eventually though, I'm usually good for a pop-in.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I didn't make "wrong reads".

I think this sums up the Ape's persona pretty well, lol.  Never change, dude. :-)

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

No, Crusher, that's really not it. Smash and I were 2 of very few people that put forth effort. I credit him for that, at least. 

Thd problem is people have abandoned logic, strategy, and giving a sh*t about the actual puzzle solving aspect of the game.  Nothing thrives when the majority of participants have become apathetic. Verbal is a great example, he always says he doesn't care anymore. I get it, but it's not good if everyone thinks similarly. Bickering is part of the game. It's not the undoing of it. The notion that bickering ruined mafia is unfair. I wanted to lynch a guy that I caught lying, and I couldn't get anyone to give me the time of day. Lynch all liars... That's basic. 

People don't care, and don't try, and the debates and play have become lazy. Bickering isn't the problem, it's just a remnant of what's left when people dial back effort.

You have a point here, I admit.  When I play on DM, I care and dig in to get a win.  Good example of Leelou and I winning a game as scum together last week there.  We had to really dig in and push that through.  Opposite here - idgaf is my policy here, I'm just having fun and trying to kill 80 and skull**** his corpse.  BUT.....the below comes into effect on JN more often than not:

14 hours ago, Leelou said:

There is a point where the game gets buried in all the bickering, and it is no longer fun to participate. 

Yep.  I came back after the weekend and caught up on the Ape v Smash bonanza - it was brutal to read through.  And boring.  It sapped whatever motivation I had to try and make plays - it was clear as day that I could follow along quietly behind and post enough to stay active and easily win.

@Integrity28  Moral of the story?  Your read on Smash was wrong, regardless of how Smash acted.  He was town, and you thought he was scum.  That is a wrong read at the most basic level.  <3

If we avoided the idea of "as long as I'm right about you being wrong, I don't care if my overall process has been wrong"........JN mafia wouldn't be in this spot.

*drops mic*

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I think this sums up the Ape's persona pretty well, lol.  Never change, dude. :-)

You have a point here, I admit.  When I play on DM, I care and dig in to get a win.  Good example of Leelou and I winning a game as scum together last week there.  We had to really dig in and push that through.  Opposite here - idgaf is my policy here, I'm just having fun and trying to kill 80 and skull**** his corpse.  BUT.....the below comes into effect on JN more often than not:

Yep.  I came back after the weekend and caught up on the Ape v Smash bonanza - it was brutal to read through.  And boring.  It sapped whatever motivation I had to try and make plays - it was clear as day that I could follow along quietly behind and post enough to stay active and easily win.

@Integrity28  Moral of the story?  Your read on Smash was wrong, regardless of how Smash acted.  He was town, and you thought he was scum.  That is a wrong read at the most basic level.  <3

If we avoided the idea of "as long as I'm right about you being wrong, I don't care if my overall process has been wrong"........JN mafia wouldn't be in this spot.

*drops mic*

There are people bitching about the bickering with more vigor than how they participated in the game.

You guys have your scapegoat. Move on... See you around.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

There are people bitching about the bickering with more vigor than how they participated in the game.

You guys have your scapegoat. Move on... See you around.

I would love to follow you around for a day and just watch.  I don't recall this aspect of you when we met in the bar, but that was only one evening of hanging out in a sorta awkward situation of first meeting someone you've been insulting for years, lol.

I'm certainly not bitching about the bickering - I'm just telling you it provided me with an easy win that required no skill or effort.  If you want to hand me wins like that, I'm all for it.  If you want to maybe not do that, then participate in the discussion with a modicum of humility (for once).

*blows kiss*

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I would love to follow you around for a day and just watch.  I don't recall this aspect of you when we met in the bar, but that was only one evening of hanging out in a sorta awkward situation of first meeting someone you've been insulting for years, lol.

I'm certainly not bitching about the bickering - I'm just telling you it provided me with an easy win that required no skill or effort.  If you want to hand me wins like that, I'm all for it.  If you want to maybe not do that, then participate in the discussion with a modicum of humility (for once).

*blows kiss*

Bold: I bet you would, creeper. 

This isn't about humility, or some "aspect of me", whatever else you're trying to imply. 

Smash lied, and did things I generally catch scum doing. Nothing wrong with my process. There are no 100% processes. I kicked the tires. He went nuts lying and spinning (nobody is chastising him over this sh*t, which is mind-boggling). I went after him. I was wrong. It happens. I did what I always do. I got some right, got some wrong. I'm always hard on myself when I fail, and let folks down, and was prepared to come into endgame and constructively talk about what I did well and awful. Like I always do...

But, then I read Smash continuing to argue with me, and blame me, in the deadthread and the initial banter in post-game... and it changed my tenor a bit. 

On the social end of things, mafia used to be about ball-busting in games. Not about tearing down a person's character afterwords. Smash, the uber hypocrite, is a big one for whining about in-game insults versus personal, but always, ALWAYS the first person here to violate the ground rules he wants us all to abide by. 

There's a whole about this post-game that is wrong in principle. This isn't the same community it used to be. Take care of yourself.

45 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This isn't about humility, or some "aspect of me", whatever else you're trying to imply. 

Smash lied, and did things I generally catch scum doing. Nothing wrong with my process. There are no 100% processes. I kicked the tires. He went nuts lying and spinning (nobody is chastising him over this sh*t, which is mind-boggling). I went after him. I was wrong. It happens. I did what I always do. I got some right, got some wrong. I'm always hard on myself when I fail, and let folks down, and was prepared to come into endgame and constructively talk about what I did well and awful. Like I always do...

But, then I read Smash continuing to argue with me, and blame me, in the deadthread and the initial banter in post-game... and it changed my tenor a bit. 

On the social end of things, mafia used to be about ball-busting in games. Not about tearing down a person's character afterwords. Smash, the uber hypocrite, is a big one for whining about in-game insults versus personal, but always, ALWAYS the first person here to violate the ground rules he wants us all to abide by. 

There's a whole about this post-game that is wrong in principle. This isn't the same community it used to be. Take care of yourself.

Exactly. To much loss.  CTM, Slats, Dan x, JVOR, Brett, Sharrow, Shutout ( didn't play many but played well), Wombat (DMer but a good one), Wombats brother (way better than Wombat), Pacs Ladyfriend ( way better than PAC, hold her liquor better too), DMer with the little evil dog, Teh Doggin (terrible mod great player) , SMC ( Lord Sith of the deadthread), Vic ( Spider-Man, awkward boner, scum Vic God, emo innovator), and some I forhot. All gone all missed. JN Mafia has run its course. Already asked Max to dissolve the forum into the lounge. We should just honor our dead and be done with it. " Your fight is over."  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I would normally agree with you here, but other people had Smash as town.....so doesn't that mean something?

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Exactly. To much loss.  CTM, Slats, Dan x, JVOR, Brett, Sharrow, Shutout ( didn't play many but played well), Wombat (DMer but a good one), Wombats brother (way better than Wombat), Pacs Ladyfriend ( way better than PAC, hold her liquor better too), DMer with the little evil dog, Teh Doggin (terrible mod great player) , SMC ( Lord Sith of the deadthread), Vic ( Spider-Man, awkward boner, scum Vic God, emo innovator), and some I forhot. All gone all missed. JN Mafia has run its course. Already asked Max to dissolve the forum into the lounge. We should just honor our dead and be done with it. " Your fight is over."  

Quit posting this sh*t.  Plenty of people still want to play JN Mafia, me included.  You and I have some in common here - I'm in the middle of a little "winds of change" thing with DM Mafia.  If you and Ape want to stop playing, then stop.  We'll continue on and find a way to adapt, and be ready if you guys want to come back.  You know Ape will play again - maybe not next week, but he'll be back -- his personality demands it of him, lol.

As for you - if you want to stop modding the board, give it over to somebody else.  Believe it or not, 80 would make a good mod for this board.  So would Pac.  As a site Admin for > 5 years now, I have a decent sense for who would make good staff.  Just promote one of them and step down for a bit and relax.  Stop sh*tposting and just be the lovable fat guy we can't get enough of.

FFS I sound like my goddamn parents now.  JN & DM Mafia bring the lecturing parent out of me, Christ.  Now do what I said.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I would normally agree with you here, but other people had Smash as town.....so doesn't that mean something?

And Smash had Hess as SK, but then he didn't, but he did and everyone should have known it, but then he shot me even though people had me as town, then he came to a conclusion in the post that I circled as a lie that I was the SK. Because that's what his deduction implied. But then I wasn't. And Hess was SK 100%, but he never shot Hess. Like I said, I caught him lying - I thought. Instead I caught him stupiding.

Either way, that's routine mafia dude. When do you come off a read you've made, if it aligns with everything you accept as scum tells, because 1-2 other folks don't see it?

I did what I always do. I jumped on lies and narratives as scum tells. You want to persecute someone? Start with the guy that shot me, flipped out on me for FOSing him, lied, cased with narrative instead of logic, then died and took the argument into the dead thread and kept projecting his faults onto me. Start there... or better yet, laugh at the mistakes and move on to the next game and don't persecute anyone as the ruiner of mafia forever (I know you aren't exclusively doing this, but you get my point I think).

Better yet, go back to a little ball busting and then brainstorming the next cool idea for a game... because this sh*t is the pits.

One final thought here... Anyone who has played a long time here, knows fully well that Pac loves to give me the PR to earn a vest thing. He still chuckles to himself over how I ****ed up the 1x BPV play when I first started playing the game. He always goes back to the well. When my PR became obvious, so should have my role. I was easily the most simple person in this game to vet as town by gaming the mod.

Nobody caring isn't my fault.

Gotta admit..  I take a sense of pride that my game caused an Ape and Fat man to weep into their shirt sleeves.

Suck it up you 2 pansies before I start getting angry.

I think the impact of the bickering is being overstated as is this doom and gloom about losing Slats and Shutout and Vic..  if they don't want to play..  **** em'.  I choose to stick around and again - use the game to communicate with the guys/gals I've been e bickering with over the years.

Every game there's a new "worst player" to be jeered..  not sure why this is any different.

• Upvote 1

Spamder and Salad Tosser are 2 new guys..  Spamder posts more in 10 minutes than the ape does in a day.  It's usually a wall of filth but at least he's posting.

BG just played the game and while he still sucks at it at least he was here.

We don't need to "dissolve" the forum lol..  it still probably gets more posts than any other part of the entire board.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Better yet, go back to a little ball busting and then brainstorming the next cool idea for a game... because this sh*t is the pits.

This is what I've always done.  I think you're not practicing what you preach.  Smash is being a tool by continuing to come after you, but you can't ignore it.  It is the ultimate troll play that CTM perfected all those years ago.  The difference is you knew CTM was ******* around, and I seriously can't tell whether Smash actually hates you or not.

Either way, sign up for the next game......or don't.  We'll still play, Pac will still suck and think he's good, and I'll shoot 80 in the ******* face.  Such is life and mafia on JN.

Move along, nothing to see here.

• Upvote 2