Movie Madness 2 - Confusing Counterparts

Pac

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No wonder Crusher is quitting forever.  lol. 

Got nothing to do with your ascension as the scum master. I'm actually a fan. The games have become boring and predictable. its the same arguments over and over and over again. Its become  the battle of the personalities as opposed to an actual game trying to find scum. One thing I appreciate playing a couple games at DM is they actually attempt to play together to figure something out. Sadly and disgustingly we haven't done that here since CTM left. Yes I know, gross, and the Ape was right, grosser. Game kinda sucks without that filthy disgusting leavherous hippie fuck wad. CTM when town would slow everyone down and get us to focus on finding scum and playing the game. Now all anyone does is play terrible as they argue about how good they are. The minute someone disagrees with them they go after them and convince themselves they must be scum because of reasons that have nothing to do with gameplay. We may have Loss the game but at least we killed the Ape, yay, yippee. It's fucking dumb at this point. At least when CTM asked if the Ape was dead yet he did it while he actually played mafia. Now it's just a silly pathetic dick measuring contest were losing Iis cool as long as you feel like you won the argument. My logic was better, no mine was, your dumb, no your dumb, you suck, no you suck, your an idiot, no your an idiot. All the time nobody is really playing. I love insults And breaking balls as much as playing mafia.Why I can't play at DM. Much too serious. But we don't play mafia here any more we just yell at one another making inane arguments about past games or other shit that has nothing to do with game  being played.

I will be Honest im in a pretty awful fucking mood because my scum bag ex wife is getting her 2nd divorce since we spilt and it's sending two of my three kids with her  into a bit of a tailspin. Happens every three years with this miserable bitch. So yes I'm a little fucking  sensitive right now so fuck all you. Love you.

• Upvote 2

Ahh that makes sense.  The last thing you want to watch is mindless bickering when it reminds you of the mindless bickering you had with the ex. I know this to be true as when the LF and I are going at it I have a very short fuse.

Thankfully kids are eventually resilient enough to overcome things PROVIDED the parents show unconditional support and don't use them as pawns.  Obviously you won't but from the sounds of it the Ex might.  If so, she's stupid.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

Ahh that makes sense.  The last thing you want to watch is mindless bickering when it reminds you of the mindless bickering you had with the ex. I know this to be true as when the LF and I are going at it I have a very short fuse.

Thankfully kids are eventually resilient enough to overcome things PROVIDED the parents show unconditional support and don't use them as pawns.  Obviously you won't but from the sounds of it the Ex might.  If so, she's stupid.

Actually I don't speak to my ex. Almost two years now. She used them as pawns when they were younger. It's got very little to do with me directly at this time.  I cleansed myself of that filth awhile  back.

iIt's more a case of my kids suffering through her selfishness and insecurity. The ex (thank you match.com) left Tuesday and new boyfriend (thank you match.com) moves in Tursday Hell of a thing for my 17 year old daughter to watch. I want her to leave and stay here but her mother guilts her into staying.Just tough to watch. But you are right, kids, especially my kids are resilient. Just wish they didn't have to be. 

That's awful Crusher.  Sorry your kids (and you) are going through all that.  It's bad enough she's a sh*tty person but to f*ck with the kids too is unforgivable.  Not to get all religious or anything but when Jesus says something like this....

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Matthew 18:6

....You know it's worth listening to.  Not a completely fair one to use, since "stumble" basically means "fall away" in Greek.  But still. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Pac said:

Unbiased observations.

Town MVP - There really isn't one.  After the 80 lynch not one townie had even a remote grasp of what was going on.

EDIT - Actually Liz played the best townie game.  I believe he was on the 80 lynch and he blew up the SK.  He was also the ONLY townie who called out Dice and stayed after him a while.  Definitely town MVP if there is one.

Town Goat - Tie between Smash and Ape.  Sorry Smash but you were just as culpable in the debacle.  Really all you had to do was ignore the accusations and move on to people who weren't getting talked about.  I know you blame the Ape for shooting AVM but you also shot a townie when you fired at the Ape.  There were so many clues I put all over the thread and absolutely no one bothered to talk about any of them.  The Norman scene talking about his mother, the player being hobbled, the trap being set..  I mean did everyone think that was flavor?  Every time I wrote a mini scene I expected at least mild conversation about it but nothing.

Ape played an all around poor game.  Reads were off and has to be able to let go of Smash and poke others.  His last choice on night 2 was a gun or an investigation.  I get why he took the shot and I can't say I might not have myself but the smart play is to take that investigation and choose someone you haven't been casing.  Had he looked at Verb or Dice he would have gotten a guilty and that changes everything.

Scum MVP - Ape and Smash...  Kidding..   Dice.  No one mentioned Dice until the very end and even then it was as an afterthought.  While the excuse that he wasn't posting a lot during the day is somewhat understandable he has a very valid reason for it given the fact he's down undah eating shrimp on the bahbee, drinking fahstahs, and avoiding great white sharks.  When he was available he made a genuine effort and did a pretty nice job! 

Scum Goat - His name rhymes with Haiti.

Overall MVP - JiF started out the game in a tough spot having to guess who Norman was.  He could have been shot by anyone and/or lynched.  His only perks were being able to join a chat with Norman IF he guessed who he was during the night phase.  His other perk was that if Norman died he had 1 knife to use which he wound up killing the Cop with.  When Hess died he turned into a survivor and had to avoid 10 different ways of getting killed.  Best thing about his game was other than calling Hess an idiot for being terrible at signaling, he never once complained about his role or his long odds.

I can accept the criticism, to an extent here. The folks in the dead thread, and even you, knew that Smash was town. I did not. I keep reading how "if Ape had just left Smash alone" and "if Smash had just left Ape alone" types of comments.

Y'all are SMC'ing the sh*t out of it. First of all, arguments in the context of the game happen. Let's not all suddenly act like one dust-up ruined mafia forever. That's ******* weak. Second of all, if you paid attention to what was being argued over, you'd see that I had blatant examples of Smash lying several times. Lying to incriminate me, and lying to exhonerate himself. I cannot speak for Smash, and I do not know what he had going on outside of the game that may have effected his general awareness of what he was writing, and then referencing incorrectly, but I can say that I was dialed-in. I didn't make "wrong reads". I went after townies that were doing things you'd expect from scum.

• DPR was pushing theories, and gaming the setup - for as long as I've played this dumb game, that's been regarded as scummy, so I poked at him
  • Smash lied, cased me using revisionist narratives, and spun arguments to deflect from the points I was making - for as long as I've played this dumb game, these are things I've done regularly as scum, and seen others do tons of times
  • Lizzie pushed bad logic, the gamblers fallacy to be specific - this is a bit more forgivable, but I needed a person to tune-up on during D1 since I'v missed a few games

Other than that, the people I was all over were 80, Hess and JIF. Frankly, the whole thing with Smash began as a night-phase comment about him bussing that was meant to be smart ass. Nothing more. It wasn't until he went berzerker on me and I started seeing the lies and narrative, that I decided he was scum. I had no idea his alignment when I said he bussed. He just over-reacted and made himself look like scum.

Should I have walked away?

No. I thought I had scum, for very good reasons. I'm okay making a mistake, if the reasons are usually reasons that net a scum lynch. 

Should Smash have walked away? 

No. He thought he had scum too. He shoudl however not over-react to a night-phase prod the way he did. I would also suggest he get more sleep or whatever he needs so that he doesn't trip over himself so much. Those mistakes are things a detail-oriented player like me jumps on and doesn't let go of. He should also revisit his meta, because he really seemed to miss every scum hunting tell I have. Finally, if he thinks he knows who the SK is, he should shoot the SK, not a guy putting off every ******* town tell he has.

The blame isn't equal here, and I don't mind being audacious enough to say it. I played a relatively dialed-back version of how I normally play. I think the pursuit of Smash is being over-magnified and that the general tenor of post-game is pussified. Especially that disgrace of a dead thread.

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

PAC I agree with your assessment of the game. I do believe if the Ape and I could have put sh*t aside things might have been different we were as you put it both at fault. Scum played it smart and let us implode.

80 is the only scum who tried to effect the game. If you don't play scum like a  manipulator, you aren't playing. Sitting back and watching is lame as sh*t.

Also, one mislynch shouldn't create LYLO is a game this size, but it effectively did. That's not balanced IMO, but I don't really care. The game was fun, ambitious and entertaining which is more important than balance sometimes.

Also... are you serious with that mess in the dead thread, now you want to act like the adult? Hahahahaha... what a mess.

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Thanks Ape! 

It's kind of funny and ironic - I legit thought Norman was looking for me.  So I was signaling him all day 1.  I talked about how I've never been a SK before, I posted a video of 2pac's Dear Momma and some other subtle hints.  And then the night came and Pac was like, I need your guess.  I had no clue.  I didnt see anything that made me think someone was signaling for me...the only thing I could pick up on was Dice italicized something to me that made me think he picked up on a signal.  Nope!!!  It was the guy I was convinced was scum and voting all D1 and I didnt realize he was my teammate until he called me "adorable" in the thread. lmfao.  Good thing I never found him! 

When he died, I just figured...**** it!  There is zero chance I survive, no survivor ever does...lets just have fun!!!

I like how you played. You manipulated me very well, when you made the comment about 80 putting all his mates on the scum end of his list. It pinged me, but the subtle way you were parroting my cases felt genuine enough for me to lay off you. It's probably that you were SK, so you could think more like a townie, that I wasn't able to really snag you doing get behind the ape.

Regardless, you get props for successful scheming and effort, which there wasn't much of from just about anyone else.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Can we all just promise to play better next game so maybe Crusher will be motivated to come back some day? 

It's not about playing better. People are gonna be wrong. People just need to play harder... the non-effort here lately is too DM. It sucks. 

I said it earlier in the game, non-effort effects balance. Not fair to the mod, or other players. 

Doing nothing is a cowards strategy. If you're going to play, play like a daring, glorious bastard.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Pac said:

Scum MVP - Ape and Smash...  Kidding..   Dice.  No one mentioned Dice until the very end and even then it was as an afterthought.  While the excuse that he wasn't posting a lot during the day is somewhat understandable he has a very valid reason for it given the fact he's down undah eating shrimp on the bahbee, drinking fahstahs, and avoiding great white sharks.  When he was available he made a genuine effort and did a pretty nice job! 

ok this had me laffin

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol I got Scum Goat?  I was the only player on the scum team who made this game fun!  Not to mention town got so caught up in a "What kind of continuum would 80 post as scum?" debate it created cover for Verbal and Dice.  GFY.  

Nice game JiF.

I didn't play absent. I was here. but I played the thread. I didn't NEED to stick my neck out. just had to keep town on their bad path. to do that I just needed to be active ENUFF.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

ok this had me laffin

I didn't play absent. I was here. but I played the thread. I didn't NEED to stick my neck out. just had to keep town on their bad path. to do that I just needed to be active ENUFF.

Eh, on this site, we are mostly aggressive scum hunters. In order to hunt scum, you have to have people contributing, otherwise we inevitably focus on the few people who are posting. That's why, knowing the tendencies of this site, I think playing out front as scum is more challenging and commendable. 

Not a criticism, you do what you do.

I just don't believe in playing this game meek, in any capacity. If you aren't trying to find the hardest challenges within the game, you aren't trying. IMO

19 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

A simple "GFY" would have sufficed as a response.  You have much to learn here. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can we all just promise to play better next game so maybe Crusher will be motivated to come back some day? 

I will come back after you get laid.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

It's not about playing better. People are gonna be wrong. People just need to play harder... the non-effort here lately is too DM. It sucks. 

I said it earlier in the game, non-effort effects balance. Not fair to the mod, or other players. 

Doing nothing is a cowards strategy. If you're going to play, play like a daring, glorious bastard.

It's the lack of cooperation and the constant incessant bickering that makes the games suck balls.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, on this site, we are mostly aggressive scum hunters. In order to hunt scum, you have to have people contributing, otherwise we inevitably focus on the few people who are posting. That's why, knowing the tendencies of this site, I think playing out front as scum is more challenging and commendable. 

Not a criticism, you do what you do.

I just don't believe in playing this game meek, in any capacity. If you aren't trying to find the hardest challenges within the game, you aren't trying. IMO

i play as i need to for the game. my town game is often much more aggressive but this game on its own was a challenge for me. So many i didnt know and even those i do play different   like NB TALKS here!!!  so that slowed me down too.

As town one of the things dm reads me on is my aggressiveness lol but that will take a bit of time to develop here i think

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A simple "GFY" would have sufficed as a response.  You have much to learn here. 

GFY

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Normally I'd make a joke about how you're never coming back in that case, but I did book a weekend at a B&B with the gf for this weekend.  So never say never?

(Side note:  My new Mafia swagger coincided with meeting this one, for whatever its worth!)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Normally I'd make a joke about how you're never coming back in that case, but I did book a weekend at a B&B with the gf for this weekend.  So never say never?

eh, no matter. You prolly wouldn't have been able to handle it anyhow ;) 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

@The Crusher

We all know this is never gonna happen brother!!!!!

Nyn sent me to cheer up you up

*gives Crusher all the bacon and a coupon for a free night Nyn*

Also youre not allowed to leave me ffs!!!!!!

Youre either playing in the game I mod if/when i get a turn or youre playing the very next game with me!!!!

lolololololol

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• Upvote 2