Movie Madness 2 - Confusing Counterparts

Pac

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Was a really nice set up by PAC. But as usual I get a garbage role. Town jumper? What the **** does ending a lynch to go to night do for a town player? ******* stupid. 

Well if you were alive today it could have given town another chance to win.  The role is good.  Basically a souped up governor.  Way better than double voter or a vest.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Well if you were alive today it could have given town another chance to win.  The role is good.  Basically a souped up governor.  Way better than double voter or a vest.

If you say so.   Yet that vest could have kept me from dying when the imbecile you decided to make a serial killer shot me. 

42 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Was a really nice set up by PAC. But as usual I get a garbage role. Town jumper? What the **** does ending a lynch to go to night do for a town player? ******* stupid. 

I always get stupid roles too.  Oh well.  I love you. 

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Great Job Ape leading the lynches on townies then taking a shot instead of an investigation and killing yet another townie. You truly suck at this game and I was really hilarious watching you blame everyone but yourself. Maybe some day you will stop drowning out all the other players in the game and possibly learn something. You stink

No Smash, not really though. Glad you didn't stroke out waiting for the moment to project your sh*t on me though.

4 hours ago, Pac said:

But there was another winner..  and she couldn't have cared less who was left standing provided she was still alive.

JiF, Norma Bates (SK Mother who turned into a survivor when Norman died) WINS!

APAGAR.png

No sh*t???!!!

Awesome job JIF. Had the right vote st the end, but that endgame was terrible for town. Frankly it went to sh*t once Smash went blockhead and started lying.

No credit to scum, they just hid all game. Jif played out front. Deserves player of the game!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I'm not going anywhere. DM has good mafia but I feel like Im watching a G rated Disney movie. Last time you and I played there together someone got yelled at for saying someone else sucked at mafia because it was hurtful. WTF? Also most the people there I like to play with don't play anymore. Few there I enjoy but I like to talk like a grownup when I play. Not walk on eggshells for fear of hurting someone's stupid little ******* feelings. 

You talking about JN or DM?

Smash's contributions to the dead thread are more disgusting than the broken logic, lies and spinning he did in game. Wow.

Talk about taking no accountability for his part in ******* things up. I have news for you guys, catching someone blatantly lying is always going to be a green light for assault. Ic you guys had read any of it, you'd have seen for yourselves.

Anyway, like I said at the time, it's my bad for over-trying. I forget that effort is a negative trait in gameplay here.

Unbiased observations.

Town MVP - There really isn't one.  After the 80 lynch not one townie had even a remote grasp of what was going on.

EDIT - Actually Liz played the best townie game.  I believe he was on the 80 lynch and he blew up the SK.  He was also the ONLY townie who called out Dice and stayed after him a while.  Definitely town MVP if there is one.

Town Goat - Tie between Smash and Ape.  Sorry Smash but you were just as culpable in the debacle.  Really all you had to do was ignore the accusations and move on to people who weren't getting talked about.  I know you blame the Ape for shooting AVM but you also shot a townie when you fired at the Ape.  There were so many clues I put all over the thread and absolutely no one bothered to talk about any of them.  The Norman scene talking about his mother, the player being hobbled, the trap being set..  I mean did everyone think that was flavor?  Every time I wrote a mini scene I expected at least mild conversation about it but nothing.

Ape played an all around poor game.  Reads were off and has to be able to let go of Smash and poke others.  His last choice on night 2 was a gun or an investigation.  I get why he took the shot and I can't say I might not have myself but the smart play is to take that investigation and choose someone you haven't been casing.  Had he looked at Verb or Dice he would have gotten a guilty and that changes everything.

Scum MVP - Ape and Smash...  Kidding..   Dice.  No one mentioned Dice until the very end and even then it was as an afterthought.  While the excuse that he wasn't posting a lot during the day is somewhat understandable he has a very valid reason for it given the fact he's down undah eating shrimp on the bahbee, drinking fahstahs, and avoiding great white sharks.  When he was available he made a genuine effort and did a pretty nice job! 

Scum Goat - His name rhymes with Haiti.

Overall MVP - JiF started out the game in a tough spot having to guess who Norman was.  He could have been shot by anyone and/or lynched.  His only perks were being able to join a chat with Norman IF he guessed who he was during the night phase.  His other perk was that if Norman died he had 1 knife to use which he wound up killing the Cop with.  When Hess died he turned into a survivor and had to avoid 10 different ways of getting killed.  Best thing about his game was other than calling Hess an idiot for being terrible at signaling, he never once complained about his role or his long odds.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

JC - You are E.T. (Town Alien)

Each night you can pick a player of your choice to heal. If they are shot - they will not die. 

why did my trap not work?

He was self protecting throughout.  Remember - I came up with characters, roles, who was what, wrote role PM's with pics etc, all in about an hour and a half.  Had I taken a day to come up with it I would have been a bit more descriptive in my role PM's about his protection lasting a full night/day phase.  With all the shots, hobbling, achilles slashing, etc it would have been unfair to have a Doc not be able to protect himself from shots and traps during the day.  He would however have been vulnerable to the things that would have made him easier to lynch (crippler, achilles slasher, jimmy two times).

Fyi - your trap WOULD have worked on someone with just a vest.  Just like Lizzies bomb worked on Hess who had a vest on.  The bomb and trap were the 2 things that weren't able to be blocked by anyone but the Doc.

despite the bickering I am happy this was a no reveal game.  If you think about it, it changed everything.  If DPR claims Cop he might get protected and investigate away...  If Ape claims a role who is earning perks, Smash claims Vig etc then people are naturally forced to look at others.  I wanted to see lynches based on game play and although the result was horrific for the town that's what we got.

one regret was not getting to see Nolder use his role.  He was Gladiator and at any point in the game could have challenged a player to a duel.  Once that happened ONLY he or the person he challenged could be voted.  That would have been teh awesome lol.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol I got Scum Goat?  I was the only player on the scum team who made this game fun!  Not to mention town got so caught up in a "What kind of continuum would 80 post as scum?" debate it created cover for Verbal and Dice.  GFY.  

Nice game JiF.

well someone had to be the goat and I can't blame Verb when he says he had to take care of his sick child now can I?

yeah actually would have been nice to see what would have happened had you made it a bit longer..  You wouldn't have hid and you might have slipped up and gave away your team lol.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pac said:

Unbiased observations.

Town MVP - There really isn't one.  After the 80 lynch not one townie had even a remote grasp of what was going on.

EDIT - Actually Liz played the best townie game.  I believe he was on the 80 lynch and he blew up the SK.  He was also the ONLY townie who called out Dice and stayed after him a while.  Definitely town MVP if there is one.

Town Goat - Tie between Smash and Ape.  Sorry Smash but you were just as culpable in the debacle.  Really all you had to do was ignore the accusations and move on to people who weren't getting talked about.  I know you blame the Ape for shooting AVM but you also shot a townie when you fired at the Ape.  There were so many clues I put all over the thread and absolutely no one bothered to talk about any of them.  The Norman scene talking about his mother, the player being hobbled, the trap being set..  I mean did everyone think that was flavor?  Every time I wrote a mini scene I expected at least mild conversation about it but nothing.

Ape played an all around poor game.  Reads were off and has to be able to let go of Smash and poke others.  His last choice on night 2 was a gun or an investigation.  I get why he took the shot and I can't say I might not have myself but the smart play is to take that investigation and choose someone you haven't been casing.  Had he looked at Verb or Dice he would have gotten a guilty and that changes everything.

Scum MVP - Ape and Smash...  Kidding..   Dice.  No one mentioned Dice until the very end and even then it was as an afterthought.  While the excuse that he wasn't posting a lot during the day is somewhat understandable he has a very valid reason for it given the fact he's down undah eating shrimp on the bahbee, drinking fahstahs, and avoiding great white sharks.  When he was available he made a genuine effort and did a pretty nice job! 

Overall MVP - JiF started out the game in a tough spot having to guess who Norman was.  He could have been shot by anyone and/or lynched.  His only perks were being able to join a chat with Norman IF he guessed who he was during the night phase.  His other perk was that if Norman died he had 1 knife to use which he wound up killing the Cop with.  When Hess died he turned into a survivor and had to avoid 10 different ways of getting killed.  Best thing about his game was other than calling Hess an idiot for being terrible at signaling, he never once complained about his role or his long odds.

PAC I agree with your assessment of the game. I do believe if the Ape and I could have put sh*t aside things might have been different we were as you put it both at fault. Scum played it smart and let us implode.

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

No sh*t???!!!

Awesome job JIF. Had the right vote st the end, but that endgame was terrible for town. Frankly it went to sh*t once Smash went blockhead and started lying.

No credit to scum, they just hid all game. Jif played out front. Deserves player of the game!

Thanks Ape! 

It's kind of funny and ironic - I legit thought Norman was looking for me.  So I was signaling him all day 1.  I talked about how I've never been a SK before, I posted a video of 2pac's Dear Momma and some other subtle hints.  And then the night came and Pac was like, I need your guess.  I had no clue.  I didnt see anything that made me think someone was signaling for me...the only thing I could pick up on was Dice italicized something to me that made me think he picked up on a signal.  Nope!!!  It was the guy I was convinced was scum and voting all D1 and I didnt realize he was my teammate until he called me "adorable" in the thread. lmfao.  Good thing I never found him! 

When he died, I just figured...**** it!  There is zero chance I survive, no survivor ever does...lets just have fun!!!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Pac said:

Unbiased observations.

Thanks for the kind words.  That was a fun game!  Thanks for modding. 

9 hours ago, Pac said:

despite the bickering I am happy this was a no reveal game.  If you think about it, it changed everything.  If DPR claims Cop he might get protected and investigate away...  If Ape claims a role who is earning perks, Smash claims Vig etc then people are naturally forced to look at others.  I wanted to see lynches based on game play and although the result was horrific for the town that's what we got.

one regret was not getting to see Nolder use his role.  He was Gladiator and at any point in the game could have challenged a player to a duel.  Once that happened ONLY he or the person he challenged could be voted.  That would have been teh awesome lol.

I agree.  It was a different approach...the only thing is, it made it easy for the scum to hide (gives Verb a nasty stare).  Instead of the run up, reveal and look elsewhere.  We focused on the loudest voices in the room.  I obviously didnt care but as non-townie with a solo win condition...I was half way scum hunting and I know I got stuck in what looks like the same places the rest of the town did.

That said, Smash and DPR really didnt make it easy. No offense.  They were a walking contradiction and just playing so strange.  I cant fault anyone for not wanting to come off them. 

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

No sh*t???!!!

Correction:  we just let the scumMVP lead us to victory!

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I regret I didn't get to live long enough to bus the sh*t out of Verbal.  I hope he got sick from his kid, thus ruining his plans to play hockey on a frozen lake this weekend. 

I didn't, you jerk.  But yeah, we didn't get to bus at all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I agree.  It was a different approach...the only thing is, it made it easy for the scum to hide (gives Verb a nasty stare).  Instead of the run up, reveal and look elsewhere.  We focused on the loudest voices in the room.  I obviously didnt care but as non-townie with a solo win condition...I was half way scum hunting and I know I got stuck in what looks like the same places the rest of the town did.

That said, Smash and DPR really didnt make it easy. No offense.  They were a walking contradiction and just playing so strange.  I cant fault anyone for not wanting to come off them. 

Sorry broseph.  I only stayed on the fringes and posted here and there - not really hiding, but that's semantics.

What was your win condition?

Just now, Verbal said:

Sorry broseph.  I only stayed on the fringes and posted here and there - not really hiding, but that's semantics.

What was your win condition?

I was a survivor once Hess died.  I just needed to stay alive.

That's why I pump faked a protection when Ape was going down.  I knew at the point, you and Dice were scummates...I was hoping me pumping faking would have you guys shoot elsewhere that night and I could win with you guys.  Turns out, I didnt need it. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Congrats to the winners, I completely suck ass.  Ape was left alone with me, that poor bastard.  Well obviously it doesn't mean sh*t now, but I'll just go ahead and actually post the thing I wrote a while ago and never got to posting.  Wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference anyway, but I wrote the damn thing, so I sure as hell not going to let you all get away with not seeing my pile of crap that I had bothered to write:

So obviously that recap tl;dr didn't happen as planned today, but had a day full of paperwork, applying, and interviewing for basically my own damn position (but better... and got it... booyah).

I can admit, I'd hate nothing more than my return to be getting played by the friggin ape. That said, I'm definitely not buying him as scum. There's an outside chance he could be third party, but even if so he's better off being kept alive, as scum absolutely has to be priority one for us to stand a chance.

The other quiet ones are tough to get a read on, so of the options that can be evaluated, JiF pings me most. He seems to be trying to play the card of being thrown under the bus by others, but I wasn't really seeing that happen until he used it as a defense, which makes it seem much more scummy than legit to me. Given the failed shot at ape and him being one of only like 3 active players, if he's anything but scum (be it town or third party), he's definitely the one they want to lynch, and know people usually enjoy it too. It's possible I've been played like a fiddle and will gladly return to mafia retirement, but in the meantime...

Vote JiF

I just realized this was a legit post.  Nice job.

lmfao

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

I was a survivor once Hess died.  I just needed to stay alive.

That's why I pump faked a protection when Ape was going down.  I knew at the point, you and Dice were scummates...I was hoping me pumping faking would have you guys shoot elsewhere that night and I could win with you guys.  Turns out, I didnt need it. 

I'm glad you got the win as well, but I'm curious as to how it happened.  I used my power on you - we were going to lynch you with just Dice & I (you were -1 to lynch) and then win.

Ahh, I see.  We achieved parity, and that ended the game - you being alive still did it.  I was wondering about whether your WC was final 3 or something, but I realize it didn't matter.

Well played, you were MVP of the game for sure.

• Upvote 3