Let's discuss - Who is the next coach?

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We need a coach with experience.  We love defensive coaches.  Marvin Lewis will be fired on black mobday.

When he gets here, we trade our 2nd rnd pick for aj mccaron.

Lewis/McCaron in 2017.

Please tell me this isn't serious.  Please tell me you are joking. 

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Im not saying thats what i would do, but i have to think its a possibility when lewis gets canned.

I probably wouldn't bother watching a single game next year if either of those two things happened.  The only good that would come out of hiring Lewis is that we might get a draft pick high enough to draft Josh Rosen.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I probably wouldn't bother watching a single game next year if either of those two things happened.  The only good that would come out of hiring Lewis is that we might get a draft pick high enough to draft Josh Rosen.

I dont necessarily like Lewis but what are you basing that on?

He turned around a laughingstock franchise and outside of a few years, has put together a really good team in a division thats not easy to get wins in.  4 division crowns in the afc north.  

Outside of the lack of postseason success, what has he done in his career that would make you believe he would field the worst team in football?  I dont see any facts that back that up.

21 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

There about 100 posts of yours that say otherwise

Unless I was seriously drunk posting some night, I never once suggested Geno was great.  

But I spent almost two full seasons arguing against that POS Fitz and for Geno or anyone else.  Don't want to keep it going.  

Sucks I wasn't wrong about Fitz.  But at least it's over now.

Now is a time for grieving.  A good amount of anger is healthy as well.  But more importantly, we can all have hope again.  Now that Fitz is gone, the healing can begin.

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont necessarily like Lewis but what are you basing that on?

He turned around a laughingstock franchise and outside of a few years, has put together a really good team in a division thats not easy to get wins in.  4 division crowns in the afc north.  

Outside of the lack of postseason success, what has he done in his career that would make you believe he would field the worst team in football?  I dont see any facts that back that up.

lets look at the bengals record over those years

he has coached 14 yrs for the bengals and has a sterling 116  versus 101 loses. With some of the seasons he has had he would have been run out of this town he has had two 4 and 11 seasons on be 7 and 9 and on his way to another sub par season. I don't see anything special about him other then he has survived in the nfl for 14 yrs

2 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

I'm thinking if we don't get an experienced HC, then I would consider someone like a Frank Reich, Tom Cable, Josh M. or Todd Haley. Offensive mined coaches only. I'm done with defensive coordinators. They all suck.

riech i would like to see Cable pass (he was a HC of the raiders), Josh M pass, Todd Haley the ex chiefs coach I am unsure of

21 minutes ago, rammagen said:

lets look at the bengals record over those years

he has coached 14 yrs for the bengals and has a sterling 116  versus 101 loses. With some of the seasons he has had he would have been run out of this town he has had two 4 and 11 seasons on be 7 and 9 and on his way to another sub par season. I don't see anything special about him other then he has survived in the nfl for 14 yrs

In that division that record is impressive.  Hes not playing the dolphins/jets/bills 6 games a year.

The guy has more division crowns then our franchise does.

4 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Wow!  The Jets are getting absolutely killed everywhere.  Internet, papers, radio and TV.  Was the game really that bad?  (Thankfully I missed it.)

Some are saying last night was so much worse than the Butt Fumble.

NFL Live just did a skit of Damien Woody on a couch getting psychological help after watching the Jets play.

Ha this is awesome!  Anyone who had a hand in this Fitz debacle needs to be tortured about it.  Even if Macc and Bowles aren't fired, they need to be scarred emotionally/professionally and know this $hit is unacceptable.

YES THE GAME  WAS MIND BLOWING INEPTITUDE  BROADCAST LIVE TO THE NATION.

5 hours ago, gEYno said:

I'd take the nuclear option and just offer Harbaugh the keys to the kingdom.

Yes, but makes no sense for Harbaugh.

Figure the likely candidates are Todd Haley, Les Miles, Lane Kiffin and  Doug Marrone-guys all with 1. a reason to prove themselves after their career gong sideways 2, have been head coaches in either pro or college level and 3. offensive oriented.

Coughlin is too old. It's spitting in the Giants' face. 

Mcdaniels is not leaving NEP for this job, period. 

Archived