2017 top 10 offensive FA

NYallDay

4 hours ago, NYallDay said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-10-offensive-players-set-to-hit-free-agency-in-2017/

Some nice linemen on the list. Major need. Couldn't find the defense or longer list ( too lazy) ... let's discuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sign me up for LT Armstead and either the guard from Bengals Zeitler or Pittsburg DeCastro (Liked him when he was coming out in the draft).  I'm will to let Shell progress at the RT position and our LG is set.  Resign Wesley Johnson at the center position.

Zeitler might be the one exception.  CIN just re-upped their other starting guard and may not want to throw big money at a second OG.  And teams almost never franchise them unless they are Larry Allen 2.0.  So he's worth a look but there will be a lot of interest from other teams as well so he'll almost certainly cost a bundle.

And the exception I'd make to drafting line all day, every day is that I'd consider Fournette in round 1.  Looking at what a good OL + Zeke did for  rookie QB in DAL gives me hope that a stud RB in 2017 might be a good investment for 2018. 

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Zeitler might be the one exception.  CIN just re-upped their other starting guard and may not want to throw big money at a second OG.  And teams almost never franchise them unless they are Larry Allen 2.0.  So he's worth a look but there will be a lot of interest from other teams as well so he'll almost certainly cost a bundle.

And the exception I'd make to drafting line all day, every day is that I'd consider Fournette in round 1.  Looking at what a good OL + Zeke did for  rookie QB in DAL gives me hope that a stud RB in 2017 might be a good investment for 2018. 

Replace the word Fournette with Dalvin Cook and I'm on board.  :P

9 hours ago, NYallDay said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-10-offensive-players-set-to-hit-free-agency-in-2017/

Some nice linemen on the list. Major need. Couldn't find the defense or longer list ( too lazy) ... let's discuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate when these lists come out, then you read them and realize every decent player is a RFA. 

This is a helpful tool: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

It allows you to filter, and designates UFA vs. RFA, etc.

So, the full list of OL is:

PLAYER (55)
POS.
TO
2016 AAV
STATUS
MARKET VALUE
Andrew Whitworth LT 35 CIN TBD $9,000,000 UFA -
Luke Joeckel G 25 JAC TBD $5,300,400 UFA -
T.J. Lang G 29 GB TBD $5,200,000 UFA -
Matt Kalil LT 27 MIN TBD $4,942,650 UFA -
Sebastian Vollmer RT 32 NE TBD $4,187,500 UFA -
Evan Mathis G 35 ARI TBD $4,006,900 UFA -
Gosder Cherilus RT 32 TB TBD $3,500,000 UFA -
Andre Smith RT 29 MIN TBD $3,500,000 UFA -
Chance Warmack G 25 TEN TBD $3,041,663 UFA -
Ron Leary G 27 DAL TBD $2,553,000 UFA -
Mike Remmers RT 27 CAR TBD $2,553,000 UFA -
Chris Chester G 33 ATL TBD $2,350,000 UFA -
Byron Bell RT 27 TEN TBD $2,250,000 UFA -
Riley Reiff LT 28 DET TBD $1,998,425 UFA -
Kevin Zeitler G 26 CIN TBD $1,886,050 UFA -
Jordan Mills RT 26 BUF TBD $1,671,000 UFA -
Austin Pasztor G 26 CLE TBD $1,671,000 UFA -
Tim Lelito G 27 NO TBD $1,671,000 UFA -
Matt McCants RT 27 CHI TBD $1,671,000 UFA -
Joe Hawley C 28 TB TBD $1,664,063 UFA -
Ted Larsen G 29 CHI TBD $1,650,000 UFA -
Marshall Newhouse RT 28 NYG TBD $1,500,000 UFA -
Jermon Bushrod G 32 MIA TBD $1,500,000 UFA -
Eric Kush G 27 CHI TBD $1,260,000 UFA -
Menelik Watson RT 28 OAK TBD $1,198,713 UFA -
Cody Wallace C 32 PIT TBD $1,160,000 UFA -
William Beatty LT 31 NYG TBD $1,100,000 UFA -
Eric Winston RT 33 CIN TBD $1,090,000 UFA -
Jahri Evans G 33 NO TBD $1,000,000 UFA -
Bradley Sowell LT 27 SEA TBD $1,000,000 UFA -
John Sullivan C 31 WAS TBD $885,000 UFA -
Jake Long LT 31 MIN TBD $885,000 UFA -
Ryan Wendell C 30 CAR TBD $885,000 UFA -
Benjamin Ijalana LT 27 NYJ TBD $840,000 UFA -
Chris Scott G 29 CAR TBD $840,000 UFA -
A.Q. Shipley C 30 ARI TBD $785,000 UFA -
Tom Compton G 27 ATL TBD $785,000 UFA -
Larry Warford G 25 DET TBD $768,750 UFA -
Tony Hills LT 32 NO TBD $760,000 UFA -
Mike Adams LT 26 CHI TBD $760,000 UFA -
Vladimir Ducasse G 29 BAL TBD $760,000 UFA -
Michael Person C 28 KC TBD $760,000 UFA -
Andrew Gardner G 30 SF TBD $760,000 UFA -
Brian Winters G 25 NYJ TBD $725,969 UFA -
Don Barclay RT 27 GB TBD $700,000 UFA -
Hugh Thornton G 25 IND TBD $683,845 UFA -
Nick Becton LT 26 CHI TBD $675,000 UFA -
Patrick Omameh G 27 JAC TBD $675,000 UFA -
Brian Schwenke C 25 TEN TBD $656,065 UFA -
Earl Watford RT 26 ARI TBD $648,716 UFA -
J.C. Tretter C 25 GB TBD $643,977 UFA -
Oday Aboushi G 25 HOU TBD $589,750 UFA -
Ricky Wagner RT 27 BAL TBD $576,140 UFA -
David Quessenberry LT 26 HOU TBD $568,363 UFA -
Manuel Ramirez G 33 CHI TBD - UFA -

To follow on the original poster's thought, there's a real opportunity here to add some 28 and under talent to the OL via FA. Especially if we have a sh*t-ton of cleared cap space to use. This would complement 3 draft classes nicely - considering we have ZERO to show for any draft classes prior to MacCagnan, other than Q.

Just now, Mecca said:

Our locker room has zero leaders. We need one veteran at least. Whitworth might be gone in Cinci, is the best LT on the market, and is a leader for the Bengals

lol, you can have more than one veteran... it won't violate the rules of rebuilding, I promise

as long as the majority of the team is young, under 28, and the veterans you have contribute and lead at a high level... it's okay for them to be mixed in, good teams manage attrition not by having everyone "turn old" at the same time

Just now, JetPotato said:

I added no broken hips...

Think we need to focus on T over G by a lot.

Admittedly, I haven't read up on his injury - but I like the player a lot. Plus he has the hottest mom/sister combo in the NFL

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

Our locker room has zero leaders. We need one veteran at least. Whitworth might be gone in Cinci, is the best LT on the market, and is a leader for the Bengals

As far as a leader who might be on the team now... I think Leo is going to really run with this leadership roll soon... He has everything you want out of a clubhouse leader. He's a good player, passionate, smart, fairly well spoken...

I actually think Lee could be a real leader too, but he needs to play better before the guys start actually looking to him for anything.

On the offensive side I have no idea... Maybe Enunwa can harness some of his fire and take some leadership strides. 

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

As far as a leader who might be on the team now... I think Leo is going to really run with this leadership roll soon... He has everything you want out of a clubhouse leader. He's a good player, passionate, smart, fairly well spoken...

I actually think Lee could be a real leader too, but he needs to play better before the guys start actually looking to him for anything.

On the offensive side I have no idea... Maybe Enunwa can harness some of his fire and take some leadership strides. 

Agreed on both, and Enunwa does seem to offer solid perspective. I'd hope it translates.

The thing with leadership is that it isn't exclusively about being the vocal leader. Sometimes, the most influential guy on the team can be the quiet guy that grinds out everything to its fullest, and never calls attention to himself. This team, for as much as they play lazy and without passion, can use just as many lead by example types as they can use vocal leaders.

The example setters have historically (in the past 5+) years been the vaunted D-linemen, and we know how much they like to shrug off effort.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Admittedly, I haven't read up on his injury - but I like the player a lot. Plus he has the hottest mom/sister combo in the NFL

He went down in September faster than me on his sister. Was out all year. Has to be a concern.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, you can have more than one veteran... it won't violate the rules of rebuilding, I promise

as long as the majority of the team is young, under 28, and the veterans you have contribute and lead at a high level... it's okay for them to be mixed in, good teams manage attrition not by having everyone "turn old" at the same time

I don't know who you were talking to but I was agreeing with you...

3 minutes ago, Mecca said:

I don't know who you were talking to but I was agreeing with you...

The contingency of folks here that have been arguing that a "real rebuild" cannot take place with any veterans, or without any "blowing up" of blown up things.

The 'lol' was me acknowledging your poke that them, by saying "we need one veteran at least".

Just now, Integrity28 said:

The contingency of folks here that have been arguing that a "real rebuild" cannot take place with any veterans, or without any "blowing up" of blown up things.

The 'lol' was me acknowledging your poke that them, by saying "we need one veteran at least".

Yeah too many people are putting all their eggs on 25 year olds.. you need a few veterans that improve the culture for the young bucks. 

I dont care if we sign vets as long as:

- They are to team-friendly deals, easy to cut and short in duration.

- Player signed isnt starting OVER someone who is viewed as the future of that position. We aren't winning it anytime soon, so let the young dudes take their lumps, learn develop. 

46 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Great. Now filter out anyone over age 29 or broken hips.

A lot of the guys under that age are on rookie contracts and typically get resigned before truly reaching FA. The 29-33 range is probably where the Jets need to be shopping with the exception of Whitworth who I feel is worth the age risk.

I'd be all over any of those lineman listed. All of them are young and talented.

We need to avoid the over 30 club this time around. After we make some cuts we're going to have money to play with.

No more Revis', Cromarties, Fanecas, Yerimiah Bells, guys who basically have 2 years left maybe of good play in them.

Go sign young FA's who can grow with your draft picks. I can say enough how much we should be emulating what the Giants did on defense. They didn't go after over the hill players who best days were closer to being behind them. They got guys whose best days were still in front of them. Guys just entering their prime years. The Jets need to be doing this.

Archived