What's your favorite NFL aphorism?

TuscanyTile2

Herman Edwards has and always will be a goldmine.

''Like those horses in Central Park, they have those blinders. No peripheral vision at all. Keep those blinders on. Here's the road, it's dark, don't worry about the light. It could be a train, it could be a flashlight. Trust what I'm telling you, it's not a train.''

I could literally be here all night.

"Enjoy the Kool-Aid. Make sure nobody pours any poison in your Kool-Aid today. If they don't like it, too bad. Enjoy your Kool-Aid, men."  Classic.  I'm sure almost everyone on here knows that one in their sleep. 

“I tell ya, that's the most pampered right arm since Zsa Zsa Gabor slapped that Beverly Hills policeman some years back. But Chad's worth it. He's our guy. As soon as he can throw 20 yards downfield, we'll know he's back at full strength.”

I used to save his quotes religiously. Unfortunately, a crap ton of his obscure non-sequiturs were lost when my laptop went on fire years ago. What you find now isn't even close to how fab some of them were. There was one about rides in Disneyland, it'll come to me.  

I didn't dislike Herm as much as a bunch of other fans towards the end.  I was just sad, mostly. A confluence of injury, implosion, and some serious ineptness thrown in.  Foiled again. I really wanted him to succeed here, partly because I never understood what the fukk he was talking about. What made me laugh more than anything was that when some fans really started to hate him and wanted him to get hit by the same bus the Jets were once on, those same people, who in effect got what they wanted, tore him a new one over the K.C. fib. It was like scribbling out your ex-boyfriend's face with a Bic pen in your HS yearbook while singing 'I Think I Love You' by the Partridge Family. 

"It's not the skill, it's the will!"  So I guess I can scale Mt. Fuji naked and not die. Haha, Curtis Martin was looking around like . . . what? There was something about a carousel thrown in, too. 

Off-topic, but I never heard if Curtis Martin got a pay day from Lloyd's of London. I rarely look stuff up. My slaves do my bidding. 

Archived