Alabama DE Jonathan Allen @ #6?

Sarge4Tide

Jonathan Allen?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. If Alabama DE Jonathan Allen slips to the Jets at #6 in this year's NFL Draft, I will be.......

• Praying the Jets draft him - TREMENDOUS CHOICE
    • Somewhat Happy if the Jets draft him, not thrilled, but somewhat happy
    • Neutral / On the Fence - there are pros and cons to drafting him at #6
    • Somewhat Unhappy if the Jets draft him, not suicidal, but somewhat unhappy
    • Praying the Jets DO NOT draft him - HORRIBLE CHOICE

9 minutes ago, bobbyvjets said:

He only excelled against inferior competition. Whenever he went against a good sound defense he got shut down. Watch the Alabama highlights, that will be every week in the NFL . Low character also, who shows up fat at the biggest interview of their lives THE COMBINE. He's not even the best RB in this draft. 

Showed up fat? Lol no.. he showed up heavier than expected but certainly not fat. Regardless he ran a 4.5 which is fine by me for his weight.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Showed up fat? Lol no.. he showed up heavier than expected but certainly not fat. Regardless he ran a 4.5 which is fine by me for his weight.

Eddy Lacy 2.0 not worth the #6 pick. Way to many holes on this team to waste on RB.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Exactly  too many holes which means you take any blue chip prospect you can get and in the case he is there you take him. He's a one of a kind prospect. 

There's 10 other guys you could pick in later rounds that could get the same results. PASS ON RB IN THE 1st round

There is something called "The offensive side of the ball". 

We need to draft that side. the last time we did so? Mark Sanchez/Dustin Keller. 

Thats just said, but not as sad as once again drafting on the defensive side of the ball...but more specifically the Dline when Wilkerson/Richardson/Williams is there and we just allowed Snacks to hit FA last year because of all the talent buildup. 

But hey, **** the offensive line! lol.

You couldnt make this up if you worked for hollywood. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

There is something called "The offensive side of the ball". 

We need to draft that side. the last time we did so? Mark Sanchez/Dustin Keller. 

Thats just said, but not as sad as once again drafting on the defensive side of the ball...but more specifically the Dline when Wilkerson/Richardson/Williams is there and we just allowed Snacks to hit FA last year because of all the talent buildup. 

But hey, **** the offensive line! lol.

You couldnt make this up if you worked for hollywood. 

What offensive player is worth the 6th pick? I haven't seen any olineman ranked that high.

19 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

What offensive player is worth the 6th pick? I haven't seen any olineman ranked that high.

It doesnt have to be an offensive lineman. You can draft Fournette or Corey Davis. You can trade down to the mid rounds and pick up an Olineman there while possibly picking up a 2nd round pick in that trade as well. 

Im not high on Fournette given that I dont mind starting Powell, however, if Fournette truly is the "next big thing" at runningback then you draft him because he has superstar elite talent, something that you do not pass on...especially on the offensive side of the ball if you're the Jets. 

We can also use another WR. Though we like our young guys the only two young WR's I trust is Enunwa and Anderson. We still dont know what Devin Smith and Charone Peake are...and if we cut Decker or if he gets injured again then we'll be in need of a WR. 

We need a Left tackle, a Right Tackle, a Tight End and possibly even a Center. I have no problem with Wesly Johnson starting at C and Brandon Shell starting at RT. However we have no LT at the moment and our TE situation is literally the worst in the league...and its not even close. Furthermore, if for some reason either Wesley or Shell arent the answer at their positions then we have an even bigger problem. We need offensie linemen, a tight end, possibly another WR and some sort of star power on the offensive side of the ball. 

sure, we have dire needs on defense, but thats because the decade-long drafting on the defensive side of the ball hasnt worked and the 150 million splurge on the defense in 2015 also didnt work. 

I dont care what we need on the defense at this point. We better go offense, and if nothing is there at 6 then trade down and go offense then. Ignoring the offensive side of the ball is a travesty. Do you know how much trouble the Jets would be in if not for an undrafted rookie in Robbie Anderson flashing potential and a 6th round WR in Enunwa developing after a redshirt season? We would literally have nothing on offense except Bilal Powell...who was by the way a 4th round draft pick that took years to develop. 

There's nothing that could convince me to go defense in the first 2 to 3 rounds. 

15 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

It doesnt have to be an offensive lineman. You can draft Fournette or Corey Davis. You can trade down to the mid rounds and pick up an Olineman there while possibly picking up a 2nd round pick in that trade as well. 

Im not high on Fournette given that I dont mind starting Powell, however, if Fournette truly is the "next big thing" at runningback then you draft him because he has superstar elite talent, something that you do not pass on...especially on the offensive side of the ball if you're the Jets. 

We can also use another WR. Though we like our young guys the only two young WR's I trust is Enunwa and Anderson. We still dont know what Devin Smith and Charone Peake are...and if we cut Decker or if he gets injured again then we'll be in need of a WR. 

We need a Left tackle, a Right Tackle, a Tight End and possibly even a Center. I have no problem with Wesly Johnson starting at C and Brandon Shell starting at RT. However we have no LT at the moment and our TE situation is literally the worst in the league...and its not even close. Furthermore, if for some reason either Wesley or Shell arent the answer at their positions then we have an even bigger problem. We need offensie linemen, a tight end, possibly another WR and some sort of star power on the offensive side of the ball. 

sure, we have dire needs on defense, but thats because the decade-long drafting on the defensive side of the ball hasnt worked and the 150 million splurge on the defense in 2015 also didnt work. 

I dont care what we need on the defense at this point. We better go offense, and if nothing is there at 6 then trade down and go offense then. Ignoring the offensive side of the ball is a travesty. Do you know how much trouble the Jets would be in if not for an undrafted rookie in Robbie Anderson flashing potential and a 6th round WR in Enunwa developing after a redshirt season? We would literally have nothing on offense except Bilal Powell...who was by the way a 4th round draft pick that took years to develop. 

There's nothing that could convince me to go defense in the first 2 to 3 rounds. 

Jamal Adams convince me we can take defense at 6. As long as it isn't a CB or DL.

Archived