Who are Jets' best first-round draft picks of the last decade ? ? ?

kelly

The New York Jets are known for their blunders early in recent drafts, but every once in a while they manage to make some solid additions in the early rounds.

With the 2017 NFL draft just around the corner, let’s take a look back at some of the Jets’ best first round picks over the past decade.

>    http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/13/who-are-jets-best-first-round-draft-picks-of-the-last-decade/

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Easily Mangold at this point. Leo has potential and Richardson did but that's out the window. 

And Kelly congrats on finally having a post shorter then gone with the wind. 

I wouldn't give up on Sheldon.  We may be dumb and let him leave, but he could very well be the best player.  

Revis? Should be a future hall of famer...don't know if mangold will make it due to the position he plays Leonard Williams I have high hopes for but he still has alot to prove and hopefully a long career ahead of him.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Revis? Should be a future hall of famer...don't know if mangold will make it due to the position he plays Leonard Williams I have high hopes for but he still has alot to prove and hopefully a long career ahead of him.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Revis had possibly the best season ever but career I'd give to Mangold. 

So about 50% - lots of science and "experts" for a league average coin flip; seems like good teams are closer to 60% (1 more player) and bad teams are closer to 40% (1 less player) - scouts must be like meteorologists; do your job right slightly more than half of the time and you are a star

In two years, this list will reflect the team appropriately, starting in 2008, this is the list of Jets 1st round picks, clearly an uphill climb after Brick Mangold and Revis, 08, 09, 10, and 12 picks are long gone

2008   6    Vernon Gholston    DE    Ohio State - epic bust - out of the NFL
2008 30    Dustin Keller    TE    Purdue - 2.5 year starter - injured and out of the NFL
2009   5    Mark Sanchez    QB    USC - 2.5 year starter - unsigned and almost out of the NFL
2010 29    Kyle Wilson    CB    Boise State - bust - out of the NFL
2011 30    Muhammad Wilkerson    DL    Temple University - good player
2012 16    Quinton Coples    DE    North Carolina - bust - out of the NFL
2013   9    Dee Milliner    CB    Alabama - epic bust - out of the NFL
2013 13    Sheldon Richardson    DT    Missouri - on trade bubble
2014 18    Calvin Pryor    S    Louisville - on performance bubble
2015   6    Leonard Williams    DT    USC - could be great
2016 20    Darron Lee    LB    Ohio State - decent rookie year - could be good

By next years draft, there will be probably 4 players left on the team (assuming the 2017 pick is still on the team) and 5-6 Jets first round picks since 2008 will be out of the NFL

Really sad stat; only 2 of the eligible first round picks have been signed to a second contract or extension (Sanchez and Wilkerson) Richardson and Pryor are on deck

Archived