Why did Hackenberg become a punching bag for the media?

k-met57

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I cannot wait until Hackenberg becomes a Glennon-level talent and we pass on Sam Darnold to draft a cornerback.

If he was half as good as Glennon there would be entire threads dedicated to sh)tting on me

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I cannot wait until Hackenberg becomes a Glennon-level talent and we pass on Sam Darnold to draft a cornerback.

Cornerback is a pretty high value position.  I am leaning OG.  Carpenter's deal will be up in 2019 and they can save almost $5M by cutting him.  This board should eat that up as a smart football move. 

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, nicg4360 said:

Should be funny...if Hack does turn the corner and the jets pass on a qb ....oh the hours wasted by some crapping on Hackenberg every waking hour.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Rest assured, If Hack urns the corner and the Jets are still in position to take 1 of these QBs folks are all hyped about, the team will take the QB unless a deal can be worked out that would favor the team for years to come .  This GM always take who he believes is the BPA period . 

Rest assured, If Hack urns the corner and the Jets are still in position to take 1 of these QBs folks are all hyped about, the team will take the QB unless a deal can be worked out that would favor the team for years to come .  This GM always take who he believes is the BPA period . 

I tend to agree. I think Hack will have to have a monster season to make them pass on the top QB's available. The team did him no favours really making his receiver options a bunch of inexperienced players. I wouldn't want to say the jets would set him up to fail but it's not far from it.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

On 6/16/2017 at 3:40 AM, Gastineau Lives said:

Sure, THAT'S the excuse.

I wish this piece of crap qb we drafted 3 rounds too early looked like Glennon. 

Instead he's hitting reporters on the sideline

23 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sure, THAT'S the excuse.

I wish this piece of crap qb we drafted 3 rounds too early looked like Glennon. 

Instead he's hitting reporters on the sideline

Hahahaha... you buy into that garbage... he bounced two ******* passes on timing patterns with WRs.... both of which were the WRs fault... Cimini (The Reporter that was ******* hit with the football) even said that was garbage reporting... Hilarious coming from Cimini but you go on keep believing in that stupid junk... 

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Hahahaha... you buy into that garbage... he bounced two ******* passes on timing patterns with WRs.... both of which were the WRs fault... Cimini (The Reporter that was ******* hit with the football) even said that was garbage reporting... Hilarious coming from Cimini but you go on keep believing in that stupid junk... 

No, I don't buy into media spin. However, what I do know is that he's impressed no one. If Hack was released right now no team would give him a Glennon deal and make him a starter. 

Hack has been terrible since college. If he wasn't we wouldn't be talking about college QB's an entire season away

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, I don't buy into media spin. However, what I do know is that he's impressed no one. If Hack was released right now no team would give him a Glennon deal and make him a starter. 

Hack has been terrible since college. If he wasn't we wouldn't be talking about college QB's an entire season away

Again... Incorrect... Everyone that saw him in the minicamp was impressed... not quite there yet but progressing and progressing fast...

I agree with everyone that believes if Hack has a good year, and we are still picking in the top 3, Mac will draft a QB, as it falls in line with his BPA. I agree with this approach.

But if Hack wants to keep that job, he better have a good year and make sure he's making plays in the clutch, and win some games to keep them as far away from the top of the draft as possible. 

He can't possibly have a "monster year" with the players on this team, specifically offense. So he better be at least good and win some games, for his sake. 

But if he's good and we still end up drafting someone who we like more long term. Then we have a tradable commodity.

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Again... Incorrect... Everyone that saw him in the minicamp was impressed... not quite there yet but progressing and progressing fast...

Dude, the people who are important aren't impressed, so much so that the brought in a known scrub, paid him 6 million which was 4 million more than the next bidder and practically made him the starter at this point. 

These are the facts. You're talking about people who seen a guy throw footballs in May and June. I'm talking about the people who seen him everyday last year and refused to put him in a football game when Fitz was the worst...and then signed McCown. 

Seems like its you believing the media spin

Dude, the people who are important aren't impressed, so much so that the brought in a known scrub, paid him 6 million which was 4 million more than the next bidder and practically made him the starter at this point. 

These are the facts. You're talking about people who seen a guy throw footballs in May and June. I'm talking about the people who seen him everyday last year and refused to put him in a football game when Fitz was the worst...and then signed McCown. 

Qb coach was just raving about him...Bates is one of the best QB coaches in the league... 

Which is why I can laugh. Enjoy those quotes in June and McCown in September

McCown is not starting... the narrative is already being written... McCown was brought in as competition to push the rookies and a coach to help understanding the west coast system... 

6 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

McCown is not starting... the narrative is already being written... McCown was brought in as competition to push the rookies and a coach to help understanding the west coast system... 

Ok. 

But best believe, if Hackenberg looks like sh*t, McCown will be the starter. So far, The only thing we know about Hackenberg is that he was too terrible to play in half of last year's preseason games and wasnt good enough to play in a week 17 game and take the reigns from arguably the worst starting QB last year in Fitz. 

Like I said, things talked about in May/June mean nothing. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Ok. 

But best believe, if Hackenberg looks like sh*t, McCown will be the starter. So far, The only thing we know about Hackenberg is that he was too terrible to play in half of last year's preseason games and wasnt good enough to play in a week 17 game and take the reigns from arguably the worst starting QB last year in Fitz. 

Like I said, things talked about in May/June mean nothing. 

That is your speculation... He had no reps and came from a college system that broke him... yet that was going to be fixed in between games without reps.... Give me a break.... Then why not throw him in the last game.... BECAUSE The Team GAVE UP.... why get the kid killed and break the kid more before he even has ONE offseason to try to improve in a pro system... If this was year 2 or 3 and that happened I could understand.... But Rookie Year??? that is insane...

All I am saying is give the kid at least one off season to see if he can play... nobody here has even given the kid a shot... because the coaches decided not to throw him on a failing team at the end of the year without reps or practice time...

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Wasn't McCown signed before minicamp? And who are these important people?

1 minute ago, tuffhand said:

Wasn't McCown signed before minicamp? And who are these important people?

Not only was McCownsigned he was offered more than twice his only other offer to even be in the NFL.  Even Macc and Bowles know Petty and Hack are wastes of time and they drafted those b_tches

I am going to be so happy when they are both cut

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Not only was McCownsigned he was offered more than twice his only other offer to even be in the NFL.  Even Macc and Bowles know Petty and Hack are wastes of time and they drafted those b_tches

You didn't answer my questions. Nice attempted sidestep though.

The media is a festering sore on the butt of humanity.  It serves no purpose but to feed the mob.  And sports writing can be just the worst tripe imaginable.  But every sports figure good or bad suffers from it.  Hack has to thicken his skin and raise his game.  That is part of playing New York.  Now if he broke Mehta's nose.... I wouldn't blame him in the least.

4 hours ago, thadude said:

You are definitely a strong candidate for worst poster on this board. Everyone says stupid crap sometimes, but all you do is bring down every thread with your unreasoned hatred of Petty and Hack.

10 hours ago, Skeptable said:

That is your speculation... He had no reps and came from a college system that broke him... yet that was going to be fixed in between games without reps.... Give me a break.... Then why not throw him in the last game.... BECAUSE The Team GAVE UP.... why get the kid killed and break the kid more before he even has ONE offseason to try to improve in a pro system... If this was year 2 or 3 and that happened I could understand.... But Rookie Year??? that is insane...

All I am saying is give the kid at least one off season to see if he can play... nobody here has even given the kid a shot... because the coaches decided not to throw him on a failing team at the end of the year without reps or practice time...

Well my friend, everything that we've heard regarding Hack is that he looks broke. 

You just said "yet that was going to be fixed in between games without reps.... Give me a break". Precisely! But you think that his issues are going to be fixed in OTA's/Minicamp in May/June? 

Hack looks inconsistent in shorts and with no pass rush whatsoever. All he needs to do at this point is receive the ball from under center and throw an accurate ball that is on time with the route...and even with that he's been inconsistent and his game has been criticized. 

He's suddenly going to get it together a month from now once the preseason program starts? 

You can call it speculation, or you can call it "proven you're fixed when we all knew that you were broken". The moment Bowles picked Fitz over Hack in week 17 I knew this kid was way in over his head. So you mean to tell me that he suddenly got better during the offseason WITH NO REPS, yet couldnt get better during the regular season when you said that "He had no reps and came from a college system that broke him". Well, he didnt have any reps in the offseason either right? That means whatever he was able to do in the offseason to get better he could have also done DURING the season. 

It's you that's speculating. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well my friend, everything that we've heard regarding Hack is that he looks broke. 

You just said "yet that was going to be fixed in between games without reps.... Give me a break". Precisely! But you think that his issues are going to be fixed in OTA's/Minicamp in May/June? 

Hack looks inconsistent in shorts and with no pass rush whatsoever. All he needs to do at this point is receive the ball from under center and throw an accurate ball that is on time with the route...and even with that he's been inconsistent and his game has been criticized. 

He's suddenly going to get it together a month from now once the preseason program starts? 

You can call it speculation, or you can call it "proven you're fixed when we all knew that you were broken". The moment Bowles picked Fitz over Hack in week 17 I knew this kid was way in over his head. So you mean to tell me that he suddenly got better during the offseason WITH NO REPS, yet couldnt get better during the regular season when you said that "He had no reps and came from a college system that broke him". Well, he didnt have any reps in the offseason either right? That means whatever he was able to do in the offseason to get better he could have also done DURING the season. 

Except that he worked with a QB trainer all offseason and a year under the belt with an understanding of how the NFL system runs... There used to be a 2-3 year sitting period for all QBs... Rookie QBs were a rarity... Now because a team doesn't start a QB immediately that QB is a failure... its a dumb argument and one that you will see you will lose in the long run when Hack actually becomes a legit NFL QB.... Brady couldn't beat out Bledsoe in his Freshman year... Favre also only played 4  snaps in his freshman year... Kurt Warner never sniffed the field as a rookie.... 

Not saying Hack is any of these, but years The Fans had been calling for Clemmons to start or MacElroy, or Bollenger or whatever other scrub... but now everyone sh*ts on a guy that hasn't played a single down??? Its ridiculous.... Let him fail this year and then you can call him a failure... But doing so before that point is premature and shows that you just love to sit in misery. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I am not speculating anything... All I am saying is that I want to wait till I see him play before throwing pitch forks at him... The Hack (Already is a Failure because he couldn't sniff the field) fans are insane...

Sorry that I want to see something before a presume judgement on it... Such a toxic environment here lately.

Would like to see that happen after the 2017/2018 season so the Jets are forced to pick a QB.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Except that he worked with a QB trainer all offseason and a year under the belt with an understanding of how the NFL system runs... There used to be a 2-3 year sitting period for all QBs... Rookie QBs were a rarity... Now because a team doesn't start a QB immediately that QB is a failure... its a dumb argument and one that you will see you will lose in the long run when Hack actually becomes a legit NFL QB.... Brady couldn't beat out Bledsoe in his Freshman year... Favre also only played 4  snaps in his freshman year... Kurt Warner never sniffed the field as a rookie.... 

Not saying Hack is any of these, but years The Fans had been calling for Clemmons to start or MacElroy, or Bollenger or whatever other scrub... but now everyone sh*ts on a guy that hasn't played a single down??? Its ridiculous.... Let him fail this year and then you can call him a failure... But doing so before that point is premature and shows that you just love to sit in misery. 

So, are you telling me that he did no work with any trainer during the season last year????

I'll do myself a favor dismiss myself now. :-) 

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

I am not speculating anything... All I am saying is that I want to wait till I see him play before throwing pitch forks at him... The Hack (Already is a Failure because he couldn't sniff the field) fans are insane...

Sorry that I want to see something before a presume judgement on it... Such a toxic environment here lately.

Im not saying that your position is wrong. However, you trying to convince me to do what you're doing simply isnt working. 

Archived