MINI CAMP TWEET RODEO. (Where we secretly root for Hackenberg to implode)

T0mShane

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm all in on Hackenberg and every Jets fan should be too.  We can't lose on this one.  Either he turns into a franchise QB this year, or he ends up being a stiff and we get a top 3 draft pick in 2018. 

Of course, the 3rd and most Jetsian outcome is that he plays OK, not great, wins enough games to take us out of the 2018 QB sweepstakes, but doesn't do well enough to convince us that he's legit and we'll go into 2018 still not sure of him and with no top draft pick. 

Hack's supporting cast won't allow for more than 2-4 wins.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:48 PM, Bruce Harper said:

For the record, I am rooting for Hackenberg to surprise everyone and be good.

For the record I am rooting we land on Mars in the 21st century. :yahoo:

Man i dunno.... Im all for hack being the real deal and i want him to play...... But, if he turns out to be mediocre, it damn near might cost us one of the top 3 qb prospects next april. 

Thats bad..... Especially since we cleaned house. 

Anyone know what good vets will be available next season? 

25 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Man i dunno.... Im all for hack being the real deal and i want him to play...... But, if he turns out to be mediocre, it damn near might cost us one of the top 3 qb prospects next april. 

hmmm interesting take and that is surely some of the scenarios that could play out

Conversely Hack or Petty could be just slow to develop and end up not developing in time for Jets and their media....Jets go ahead and grab a Darnold who ultimately becomes mediocre subjecting Jets fans to 5 years of almost playoffs before they give up again......Meanwhile lights go on for Hack and/or Petty because they have since left to NE or Miami and come back and torture jets fans for the next 10 years because their next team actually committed to coaching them.

43 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

None that we should look at because signing guys not good enough for one team almost never translates to sustainable success for another.

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Kimberley A. Martin (@KMart_LI)

6/14/17, 1:57 PM

No. 5 is rookie WR tryout Willie Quinn.

5-5, 150lbs. #jets pic.twitter.com/465CjjI7Ff

That kid is certified batsh*t insane trying to play in this league, lmao.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

So the Jets receivers are Enunwa and....Enunwa?

Pretty much for right now, yeah lol.

Being serious though I believe the top of the chart for these Mini Camp days would be Quincy Enunwa, Robby Anderson, Jalin Marshall, Peake, Kenbrell Thompkins (tryout), KD Cannon, then everyone else (more tryouts/UDFAs). 

TEs are ASJ, Legget, Eric Tomlinson, Tim Wright (tryout), and a few other tryouts there too.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Pretty much for right now, yeah lol.

Being serious though I believe the top of the chart would be Quincy Enunwa, Robby Anderson, Jalin Marshall, Peake, Kenbrell Thompkins (tryout), KD Cannon, then everyone else (more tryouts/UDFAs).

TEs are ASJ, Legget, Eric Tomlinson, Tim Wright (tryout), and a few other tryouts there too.

You forgot Hanson and Stewart. Both will be on this roster. How on earth could they not be. Mac cant be that inept, can he? Jalin is history as is Thompkins.  Excited to see KD Cannon. He is dyno-mite. 

30 minutes ago, Azuma said:

You forgot Hanson and Stewart. Both will be on this roster. How on earth could they not be. Mac cant be that inept, can he? Jalin is history as is Thompkins.  Excited to see KD Cannon. He is dyno-mite. 

I think you misread me. When I said right now I meant guys who are actively participating in the Mini Camp sessions, not guys who will be on the 53.  

59 minutes ago, Azuma said:

I still think Marshall makes the team. With no vets taking spots I think all 3 2nd year guys are locks along with Enunwa and the rookies. The battle is for the spot Marshall vacates while suspended.

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think you misread me. When I said right now I meant guys who are actively participating in the Mini Camp sessions, not guys who will be on the 53.  

Gotcha. So what's your WR roster look like? Maybe me would b Quincy, Peake, Robby, Stewart, Hanson, Cannon. All raw onions. How many do we usually have on a 53 man roster? We can always convert one of countless safeties. ?

10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I still think Marshall makes the team. With no vets taking spots I think all 3 2nd year guys are locks along with Enunwa and the rookies. The battle is for the spot Marshall vacates while suspended.

How many wr's make the team- what's your list? I think Jalin stays on practice squad all year. 

28 minutes ago, Azuma said:

How many wr's make the team- what's your list? I think Jalin stays on practice squad all year. 

Enunwa, Anderson, Stewart, Peake, Hansen, Marshall

Thompkins, Marks, Cannon battle for the spot that Marshall vacates. If we carry another receiver for the whole season he'll be a special teams guy.

Interesting how they are pairing the OLBs

Jenkins and Donahue

Martin and Mauldin

and according to the lame beat reporters account Martin and Mauldin have been working with 1st team

I wonder if this is tricky Green motivation thing for Jenkins and Donahue to get them to compete and beat out Martin and Mauldin give them some sense of success going into season...or maybe just rotation thing to get everyone snaps

I find it hilarious how beat ignore petty too and give play by play by play for Hack.

1 hour ago, Azuma said:

Gotcha. So what's your WR roster look like? Maybe me would b Quincy, Peake, Robby, Stewart, Hanson, Cannon. All raw onions. How many do we usually have on a 53 man roster? We can always convert one of countless safeties. ?

Dark horse would be Denard Robinson.  He is listed at RB, but has been pretty poor at running the ball.  He has caught it fairly well and should be capable on specials.  He is a try-out guy so probably no chance, but to the extent they consider him, he might rate some reps at WR.  His rookie year they listed him as an "offensive weapon"  WR/RB hybrid like Harvin or Curtis Samuel and used as a change of pace back.  He was swapped to RB and was having a nice 2nd season in 2014, but tore ligaments in his foot and has sucked since.  

7 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Interesting how they are pairing the OLBs

Jenkins and Donahue

Martin and Mauldin

and according to the lame beat reporters account Martin and Mauldin have been working with 1st team

I wonder if this is tricky Green motivation thing for Jenkins and Donahue to get them to compete and beat out Martin and Mauldin give them some sense of success going into season...or maybe just rotation thing to get everyone snaps

I find it hilarious how beat ignore petty too and give play by play by play for Hack.

The OLB pairings are interesting and Idk what they're indicative of since Jenkins and Donahue  should have more secure roster spots than Mauldin and Martin. I do get that they are high on Donahue just based on how many mentions he gets.

2 hours ago, Azuma said:

Excited to see KD Cannon. He is dyno-mite. 

Canon is PRACTICE SQUAD material AT BEST for the next 2 years. He has NO football IQ for a WR - route running, dipping on out cuts, or reading secondary defensive coverages, etc. All he can do is a GO route and, like Dedric Ward, only a viable threat w/a ROCKET armed QB who can chuck bombs. 

There's A REASON he wasn't draft and CUT 2 days into rookie mini-camp in SF. He's a stash away player who MAY yield results by year 2 or year 3 AT BEST. 

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Canon is PRACTICE SQUAD material AT BEST for the next 2 years. He has NO football IQ for a WR - route running, dipping on out cuts, or reading secondary defensive coverages, etc. All he can do is a GO route and, like Dedric Ward, only a viable threat w/a ROCKET armed QB who can chuck bombs. 

There's A REASON he wasn't draft and CUT 2 days into rookie mini-camp in SF. He's a stash away player who MAY yield results by year 2 or year 3 AT BEST. 

Speed kills. He's probably faster than Robby, definitely shifter. He's a threat. We need speed. 

13 minutes ago, Azuma said:

Speed kills. He's probably faster than Robby, definitely shifter. He's a threat. We need speed. 

Citing a soup eating old Irishman with a chicken fetish DOES NOT TRANSLATE into NFL success. You know who had SPEED and didn't amount to SQUAT? and they were Top 10 pick FIRST ROUNDERS!:

Darius Heyward Bey

Troy Williamson

Ted Ginn Jr.  

Then there's other classic 1st round speedsters who amounted to NOT MUCH:

Lee Evans

Eddie Kennison

Donte Stallworth

Robert Meachum 

etc, etc, etc. 

You're new here, your optimism will wane with time to be more realistic, but your actual football knowledge and competence will increase if you hang out here long enough, but too long and you'll be like JW12, you'll realize there's more to football - and moreso being an actual NFL caliber WR -  than simply "speed"

Archived