This is how far we are from the #1 Pick...

southtown24th

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

BTW that isn't the case for the 2018 draft. The absolute best options are Darnold and Rosen this year. We know what pick we need for that.

Thats a cool magic crystal ball you have, to know who will be a HOF, Super Bowl NFL QB a year before any of them are drafted......care to let us all in on the next lottery numbers?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Sooo... Why are you here at all? I'm sure there's something that does make you happy that you could be doing instead.

And I'm honestly not trying to be a d-bag about that. I mean it. Why spend your well deserved free time paying attention to something you don't like? Go do something else! Watch a movie, cook some food, play a game, build a tree fort, whatever! 

Week 1 of the NFL Season: I was in Santa Barbara, CA on vacation--didn't care. Didn't post.

Week 2 of the NFL Season: I was in Wyoming/Montana hiking, traveling, enjoying the outdoors, seeing the country, etc.

Week 3 of the NFL Season: I am finally home and I have a day to hit the message boards and stir the pot with all you fools.  This is only temporary, don't worry!

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

Okay but that means you're rooting against any development at all. You're asking for the Jets to esentially have 0 talent on this team for the next few years outside of a QB... I just don't think that adds up. Ya a QB a ton of the battle... But you need other pieces in place. You just do. And to root against that is asking for many more years of watching the team struggle and HOPE to hit in the draft.

In fact I would argue getting a stud QB while you have nothing around him is just as dangerous... Maybe he gets you to 8-9 wins every year, and you're stuck with a middle pick and no great talents around him at all. 

That is just as probable as your theory... 

That's NOT rooting against any development at all. Players develop with each snap with each game and with each season..no matter the win or loss ratio

2 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Okay but that means you're rooting against any development at all. You're asking for the Jets to esentially have 0 talent on this team for the next few years outside of a QB... I just don't think that adds up. Ya a QB a ton of the battle... But you need other pieces in place. You just do. And to root against that is asking for many more years of watching the team struggle and HOPE to hit in the draft.

In fact I would argue getting a stud QB while you have nothing around him is just as dangerous... Maybe he gets you to 8-9 wins every year, and you're stuck with a middle pick and no great talents around him at all. 

That is just as probable as your theory... 

You CAN develop without winning...

That's NOT rooting against any development at all. Players develop with each snap with each game and with each season..no matter the win or loss ratio

Wait... What? Come on man! So you're saying you want them to develop, right? But then just not win? 

Here's my point I guess: You can't root for development AND tanking. You can't. You can't have your cake and eat it too! That's like, the definition of that old saying! 

If guys are going to develop, then they're going to make plays and the team is going to win here and there! If they don't, they lose! That's how it works. That's why they're out there! 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why would I do that when I could use the lottery numbers myself? I don't want to give you money.

Well, at least you're honest about your greed.

Can you tell me which late round LT will actually have a 10 year starter, near HOF career out of the next draft class?  You know, since you know the future and all.  I want to look smart when I tell folks to draft him.

In all seriousness, it's pretty telling that not even everyone here is sold on Darnold or Rosen, and a number of folks want one of the other 4-odd guys who will be available.  

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Of course I do. I know that they can always trade up for a QB and there are alot of QBs to choose from

Trade up? Now THAT'S a dumb thing to do with a depleted roster...it's clear you do not have a good handle on how rosters are built/how business is run.  I can't imagine being involved in planning any sort of business with you...sounds like this might be above your pay grade. That's ok...there's a task for everyone in this world. No big deal.

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Week 1 of the NFL Season: I was in Santa Barbara, CA on vacation--didn't care. Didn't post.

Week 2 of the NFL Season: I was in Wyoming/Montana hiking, traveling, enjoying the outdoors, seeing the country, etc.

Week 3 of the NFL Season: I am finally home and I have a day to hit the message boards and stir the pot with all you fools.  This is only temporary, don't worry!

Haha fair enough... Just isn't what I would pick if I was disinterested! 

Again I say this with all the love I can; get a more fun hobby man! Haha. Find something you enjoy if it's not the Jets this year. 

Just now, DMan77 said:

Haha fair enough... Just isn't what I would pick if I was disinterested! 

Again I say this with all the love I can; get a more fun hobby man! Haha. Find something you enjoy if it's not the Jets this year. 

I have TONS of hobbies...again, I live in Southern California...I have TOO many hobbies.  I have not seen a SINGLE SNAP OF JETS FOOTBALL THIS YEAR.  I am here today to continue down the path of "tanking is the best option" before I disappear again in the next few weeks as I travel the country...don't fret my good man! or woman! or it!

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

I have TONS of hobbies...again, I live in Southern California...I have TOO many hobbies.  I have not seen a SINGLE SNAP OF JETS FOOTBALL THIS YEAR.  I am here today to continue down the path of "tanking is the best option" before I disappear again in the next few weeks as I travel the country...don't fret my good man! or woman! or it!

Ohh it. Let's go with it!

On a related topic, have you been impressed with Sam? That last game was a thing of beauty but the first couple were a little worrisome to me... He threw some bad picks there...

12 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Please go on vacation again. 

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I like Falk and Browning and Mayfield in addition to those two

Falk looks okay but he doesn't necessarily jump out to me. Mayfield plays a gimmick offense. He is rich mans Manziel. But still my #3 behind Darnold/Rosen. Browning I can't comment on. I haven't watched him this year.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Yeah they are that the bottom of that stack. Which shows how nice the stack is. 

Walter Football mentioned Clayton Thorson out of Northwestern. I forgot about Mason Rudolph

I edited my post a little late, but I wanted to say I do get your point.

Allen or Jackson are not part of that "good" group though..

Darnold, Rosen, Falk, Mayfield, Browning, Allen, Jackson. PLus there may be others

Darnold: 1st round talent--he is the #1 object of my QB desire at this point.  Honestly, doubt he would want to come to the Jets.  Could see him bailing.

Rosen: I would deal with him.  He's not my #1 choice but, we can make it work.

Falk: Currently projected in rounds 2-4, not a first round talent...as of right now. Sorry.

Mayfield: Ranked as the #10 QB in the 2018 class...3-4th round, as of right now. 

Browning: #14 prospect in the 2018 class. Projects as a 4-6th rounder. Not so sure that makes sense for a QB STARVED FRANCHISE.

Allen: #3 in the class...need to see more from him but, I could live with him.

Jackson: #4 in the class...Needs to be more accurate and show more from the pocket.  Definitely some size concerns and he needs to add some weight.  Interesting prospect, not sold, yet.

6 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Ohh it. Let's go with it!

On a related topic, have you been impressed with Sam? That last game was a thing of beauty but the first couple were a little worrisome to me... He threw some bad picks there...

I have been impressed with Sam.  I like what he brings to the table, great intangibles.  I have been watching every USC game this season in hopes of really seeing what he has/doesn't have.

Falk looks okay but he doesn't necessarily jump out to me. Mayfield plays a gimmick offense. He is rich mans Manziel. But still my #3 behind Darnold/Rosen. Browning I can't comment on. I haven't watched him this year.

I think Mayfield, for some reason, actually has the ability and stones to play in this league.  Falk and everything that's being said about him is reminding me so much of Derek Carr...I think he has that type of ability.  I love Rudolph.  Allen and Jackson I wouldn't touch.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yeah they are that the bottom of that stack. Which shows how nice the stack is. 

Walter Football mentioned Clayton Thorson out of Northwestern. I forgot about Mason Rudolph

But do you want the lesser options no matter how good the QB class is or do you want the top notch guys? Exactly my point. It's urgent we got that option.

Archived