This is how far we are from the #1 Pick...

southtown24th

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

But do you want the lesser options no matter how good the QB class is or do you want the top notch guys? Exactly my point. It's urgent we got that option.

But we don't know who will turn out to be the top notch guys. That's the point. Darnold may go 1 and he's having a horrible year

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Darnold, Rosen, Falk, Mayfield, Browning, Allen, Jackson. PLus there may be others

Darnold: 1st round talent--he is the #1 object of my QB desire at this point.  Honestly, doubt he would want to come to the Jets.  Could see him bailing.

Rosen: I would deal with him.  He's not my #1 choice but, we can make it work.

Falk: Currently projected in rounds 2-4, not a first round talent...as of right now. Sorry.

Mayfield: Ranked as the #10 QB in the 2018 class...3-4th round, as of right now. 

Browning: #14 prospect in the 2018 class. Projects as a 4-6th rounder. Not so sure that makes sense for a QB STARVED FRANCHISE.

Allen: #3 in the class...need to see more from him but, I could live with him.

Jackson: #4 in the class...Needs to be more accurate and show more from the pocket.  Definitely some size concerns and he needs to add some weight.  Interesting prospect, not sold, yet.

Any ranking site that actually has Allen at #3 right now, after his collective implosion, is nothing worth listening to.  Stop getting caught up on positional rankings and watch the games.  Carr was a "projected 2nd-4th round" guy too.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Any ranking site that actually has Allen at #3 right now, after his collective implosion, is nothing worth listening to.  Stop getting caught up on positional rankings and watch the games.

How do you watch Wyoming games? You got some sort of special device under your pillow? Please...do...tell...

4 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Giants will be better. Think we lose on the road to the Browns. 49ers may be the issue

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Games 49ers should compete .....Cards 2x, Colts, Bears, Rams. Niners are a clone of Jets.  Lot of young players, some recent  quality picks, journeymen QB's who resemble each other.  Niners and Cousins have been linked so that would be beneficial to our need. Niners, Bears, Browns and Jets will be in top 4 picks.  Will be interesting to see how season plays out.

Where we are is tied or behind:

Cleveland 0-3
Cincinnati 0-3
LA Chargers 0-3
NY Giants 0-3
San Fran 49'ers 0-3
Indy Colts 1-2
Houston 1-2
Chicago 1-2
New Orleans 1-2
Seattle 1-2

So "if the season ended today", we draft somewhere between 6th to 11th.  Can't be assed to get more specific this early in the year.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cleveland 0-3
Cincinnati 0-3
LA Chargers 0-3
NY Giants 0-3
San Fran 49'ers 0-3
Indy Colts 1-2
Houston 1-2
Chicago 1-2
New Orleans 1-2
Seattle 1-2

So "if the season ended today", we draft somewhere between 6th to 11th.  Can't be assed to get more specific this early in the year.

Browns will always be horrible. And the Giants, I hope they go 0-16 and pick before us because watching them lose is more enjoyable for me. 

Just now, pointman said:

Browns will always be horrible. And the Giants, I hope they go 0-16 and pick before us because watching them lose is more enjoyable for me. 

Well, we know they won't pick a QB....they have Geno Smith to be their future.  All he really needs is a fair chance, with weapons, after all.

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cleveland 0-3
Cincinnati 0-3
LA Chargers 0-3
NY Giants 0-3
San Fran 49'ers 0-3
Indy Colts 1-2
Houston 1-2
Chicago 1-2
New Orleans 1-2
Seattle 1-2

Yes. And that's a HORRIBLE reality. THIS IS WHY one win matters...

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

So you're totally cool with not developing any players from the last 2-3 years? You'll sit back and not bash Mac or the Jets, right? Because you don't want any pieces to be in place at all ya? If so cool, just back that up. Lets hear ya applaud Mac. 

I’m sure you thought you had a point here, but this is so unintelligible, I have no idea what you’re trying to convey. 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yep. NEver content. Always need to be miserable. JEts fans in a nutshell

I don’t want to be miserable. That’s why the Jets need the number one pick. Try to keep up.  

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

Define "filled" for those of us keeping score at home, please.

I didn't count. Parking lots were packed. Jets chant was good after they scored. People went in expecting the worst but were very happy the Jets won.

I didn't look up the attendance #s. But I am sorry you are upset the Jets won. Plenty of sites where you can root for them to lose. 

59 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m sure you thought you had a point here, but this is so unintelligible, I have no idea what you’re trying to convey. 

I don’t want to be miserable. That’s why the Jets need the number one pick. Try to keep up.  

To get the 1st round pick the Jets need to have the guys they've drafted over the last few years essentially all flop. If they get any development or if they managed to hit on any players here, then they won't have the 1st round pick that you want.

So by rooting for the Jets to tank and lose, you're rooting for none of these guys to develop. You're actually hoping they don't because that helps your cause for that 1st pick... And that's just sad to me. You're happy if the Jets are set back another 2,3,4 drafts by having struck out on these last few completely... I don't get it. But hey if that's what you want it's what you want.

You're playing the long, long, odds instead of looking for the players who could help who are on this team right now. 

And I hate the "guys can develop and still not win" argument. That's lame. Those guys are out there to play, win, and make a name for themselves. I want guys like that on the Jets.

I would rather finish with a few wins and have a foundation off young talent in place than lose every game and have the whole team be barren going into next year. I don't care how good Sam is. It'll still take the Jets years of drafting to build a team that can actually compete. We'll have a good QB and an awful rest of the team if no one develops from the last few drafts. We'll be mired in more 8-8 records for 3 years while we try to find a GM we trust to build around Sam.

I'd rather have that foundation in place already for whoever comes in to play QB.

It's like prepping a kitchen before the chef shows up. I'd rather do that then throw him in a kitchen with nothing to work with and say "good luck!".

Just now, Maxman said:

I didn't count. Parking lots were packed. Jets chant was good after they scored. People went in expecting the worst but were very happy the Jets won.

I didn't look up the attendance #s. But I am sorry you are upset the Jets won. Plenty of sites where you can root for them to lose. 

This is the site where I choose to spend my time, I am not sure how else to make that clear to you.

In 1988, my father got Season Tickets with my Uncle...I was three years old at that time.  We sat in the Upper Deck (Section 308, I believe) of Giants Stadium freezing our asses off from 1988 to 2010. We sat through it all...all of the memories and debacles I am sure many of us remember.  In 2010, my father shelled out THOUSANDS of dollars for PSLs and we took our talents to Section 206A.  We were there through all of those "glory days", as well.  We drove to Pittsburgh in 2010 to watch the Jets go into the locker room at halftime down 24-3...that's correct, we were down 24-3.  We were sitting there, freezing our ******* asses off, watching the Jets get shellacked on national television, yet again.  We sat in our hotel that night, depressed, upset and dreading the 6-7 hour drive home to Northwestern NJ.

I moved to LA in 2013 and my "lifestyle" and "hobby" changes have been well-documented here, so if you want to see them, check out some of the other threads today.

I have watched and witnessed first-hand Ken O'Brien, Boomer Esiason, Neil O'Donnell, Vinny T, Chad Pennington, Brett Favre, Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick...to name a few.  During this time, I have watched Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, etc. A list of good to great FRANCHISE QBs.  I am ready for the NY Jets, a team we have spent many, many years and many, many thousands of dollars and many, many hours watching, to FINALLY get their OWN franchise QB. Franchise QB. A quarterback that can lead this franchise for the next 10+ years. That is what I am looking for.  

The best way for us to get a FRANCHISE QB to lead our franchise over the next 10+ years is to have the WORST POSSIBLE RECORD this year so we can draft HIGH in the first round of the 2018 draft...aka we need to lose...aka in order for us to move forward, we need to take a "few steps back" this year...aka this year we NEED TO LOSE.

If you want to continue to berate me and downplay my fandom, that is perfectly fine.  I am quite comfortable with that.  I am NJ born and bred and I have some thick ass skin.  But, be aware that while you "cutely" root for the Jets to "win" this season, you are being EXTREMELY short-sighted and that does not help the LONG-TERM sustainable success and upward trajectory of this franchise.  Any wins this year HURT THE LONG TERM SUCCESS AND SUSTAINABILITY of this franchise. It's cut and dry.

I am sick and tired of losing.  I am sick and tired of being decent but not good...I am sick and tired of being good (occasionally) but not great...I want a FRANCHISE QB. We need a FRANCHISE QB.  The best way for us to get a FRANCHISE QB is to LOSE AS MANY GAMES THIS YEAR AS POSSIBLE.

Period. End of story.

-DIEHARD JETS FAN SINCE 1988

14 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

To get the 1st round pick the Jets need to have the guys they've drafted over the last few years essentially all flop. If they get any development or if they managed to hit on any players here, then they won't have the 1st round pick that you want.

So by rooting for the Jets to tank and lose, you're rooting for none of these guys to develop. You're actually hoping they don't because that helps your cause for that 1st pick... And that's just sad to me. You're happy if the Jets are set back another 2,3,4 drafts by having struck out on these last few completely... I don't get it. But hey if that's what you want it's what you want.

You're playing the long, long, odds instead of looking for the players who could help who are on this team right now. 

And I hate the "guys can develop and still not win" argument. That's lame. Those guys are out there to play, win, and make a name for themselves. I want guys like that on the Jets.

I would rather finish with a few wins and have a foundation off young talent in place than lose every game and have the whole team be barren going into next year. I don't care how good Sam is. It'll still take the Jets years of drafting to build a team that can actually compete. We'll have a good QB and an awful rest of the team if no one develops from the last few drafts. We'll be mired in more 8-8 records for 3 years while we try to find a GM we trust to build around Sam.

I'd rather have that foundation in place already for whoever comes in to play QB.

It's like prepping a kitchen before the chef shows up. I'd rather do that then throw him in a kitchen with nothing to work with and say "good luck!".

I don't understand how players can't develop if they aren't winning games...how does that work exactly?  In your profession, are you not working and learning if you aren't the best person in your position/role/team every single year? Are you not making mistakes, learning on the fly, thinking on your feet, solving problems, GAINING VALUABLE EXPERIENCE if you are not the best?  I would beg to differ.

Personally, I am in business development/sales.  That is like saying I am not working/learning/gaining experience/getting better if I don't win a sales award each year.

I hate to ruin your narrative but, the young talent is learning/developing/gaining valuable experience every single time they snap the football...WIN OR LOSE.

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

This is the site where I choose to spend my time, I am not sure how else to make that clear to you.

In 1988, my father got Season Tickets with my Uncle...I was three years old at that time.  We sat in the Upper Deck (Section 308, I believe) of Giants Stadium freezing our asses off from 1988 to 2010. We sat through it all...all of the memories and debacles I am sure many of us remember.  In 2010, my father shelled out THOUSANDS of dollars for PSLs and we took our talents to Section 206A.  We were there through all of those "glory days", as well.  We drove to Pittsburgh in 2010 to watch the Jets go into the locker room at halftime down 24-3...that's correct, we were down 24-3.  We were sitting there, freezing our ******* asses off, watching the Jets get shellacked on national television, yet again.  We sat in our hotel that night, depressed, upset and dreading the 6-7 hour drive home to Northwestern NJ.

I moved to LA in 2013 and my "lifestyle" and "hobby" changes have been well-documented here, so if you want to see them, check out some of the other threads today.

I have watched and witnessed first-hand Ken O'Brien, Boomer Esiason, Neil O'Donnell, Vinny T, Chad Pennington, Brett Favre, Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick...to name a few.  During this time, I have watched Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, etc. A list of good to great FRANCHISE QBs.  I am ready for the NY Jets, a team we have spent many, many years and many, many thousands of dollars and many, many hours watching, to FINALLY get their OWN franchise QB. Franchise QB. A quarterback that can lead this franchise for the next 10+ years. That is what I am looking for.  

The best way for us to get a FRANCHISE QB to lead our franchise over the next 10+ years is to have the WORST POSSIBLE RECORD this year so we can draft HIGH in the first round of the 2018 draft...aka we need to lose...aka in order for us to move forward, we need to take a "few steps back" this year...aka this year we NEED TO LOSE.

If you want to continue to berate me and downplay my fandom, that is perfectly fine.  I am quite comfortable with that.  I am NJ born and bred and I have some thick ass skin.  But, be aware that while you "cutely" root for the Jets to "win" this season, you are being EXTREMELY short-sighted and that does not help the LONG-TERM sustainable success and upward trajectory of this franchise.  Any wins this year HURT THE LONG TERM SUCCESS AND SUSTAINABILITY of this franchise. It's cut and dry.

I am sick and tired of losing.  I am sick and tired of being decent but not good...I am sick and tired of being good (occasionally) but not great...I want a FRANCHISE QB. We need a FRANCHISE QB.  The best way for us to get a FRANCHISE QB is to LOSE AS MANY GAMES THIS YEAR AS POSSIBLE.

Period. End of story.

-DIEHARD JETS FAN SINCE 1988

I was talking to someone else when you quoted me and asked, "Define "filled" for those of us keeping score at home, please.". I answered the question you asked, not sure how that is berating you. I am not questioning anybody's fandom. Anyone who knows me, knows I wouldn't do that. It is what make JetNation work. Nobody even knows my name. So I never play the fan card.

What I am saying is pretty simple:

• This is a NY Jets fan site. As a result we want the Jets to win.
  • Patriots sites, Dolphin sites, they all root for the Jets to lose.
  • Buffalo Bills sites root for it not to snow in October, they don't care about the Jets.
  • People rooting for the Jets to lose, especially on game day are free to do so....but we won't have threads being hijacked because JETS fans are upset they lost.

There was a guy in front of me at the stadium that wore a home made shit. It said something bad about Darron Lee, then said 0 and 16 on the back. That guy was jumping up and down when the Jets scored. He was happy they won.

I honestly am not concerned with if you are happy or not with the win. It doesn't matter to me either way, no offense intended. But the season is young. If they were 0 and 8, I would understand. THis is a team that isn't going to be in the bottom 5. Today showed why.

And it was a good day, the Jets won.

19 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

This.

3 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Happiness? Watching this team win games with Josh McCown makes you happy? Really?

What's more desirable...short-lived, temporary happiness that rises and falls?

or

Long-term, sustained, steady level of contentment that lasts 5-10-15 years?

Yeah, because that is guaranteed by taking Sam Darnold.

Give your head a shake.  The Jets will still draft in the top 5 this year.  We are taking a QB.  

6 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I don't understand how players can't develop if they aren't winning games...how does that work exactly?  In your profession, are you not working and learning if you aren't the best person in your position/role/team every single year? Are you not making mistakes, learning on the fly, thinking on your feet, solving problems, GAINING VALUABLE EXPERIENCE if you are not the best?  I would beg to differ.

Personally, I am in business development/sales.  That is like saying I am not working/learning/gaining experience/getting better if I don't win a sales award each year.

I hate to ruin your narrative but, the young talent is learning/developing/gaining valuable experience every single time they snap the football...WIN OR LOSE.

Yeah, because you can purposely lose games and still develop.

Have you actually PLAYED a sport in your life?

Archived