Breer On Josh Allen

KRL

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gotcha. I agree. I’ll have confidence the Jets should draft a “talented but flawed” QB when they finally squeeze a meaningful series from any of the “talented but flawed” QBs they already drafted. And Allen interviews like a mush, too. Mush don’t fly here. That’s why I kinda like Rosen—he seems to have the requisite amount of smarmy douchebagginess required to survive in NY.

I was looking at these "talented but flawed" QBs the other day.  In the last 12 years, we have drafted 8 QBs -- tied with Denver for most in the league (9 if you count Brad Smith).  5 of the 8 are still in the league.  So far this season, those 5 Jets QB draftees have a grand total of 0 completions and just two attempts (both by Geno).

As for next year, Rosen is the guy I want -- I agree that he has the personality to do well in NY.  Though I do not think there is any way we get him unless SF picks in the top 2 and we can work out a trade.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

So Darnold struggles with power house in USC and he is top 5 pick . Allen struggles with one of the worse team in nation . Undraftable.. 

i personally Don’t care about his performance against big school cause his team is beyond trash ., I do have concerns that he is extremely raw and gonna need some real coaching up to get the mental side to catch up to his great physical make up . He Could be Wentz or the next Lynch . Time will tell I guess 

"His accuracy and decision making are not where they need to be. In comparison, Carson Wentz had very similar physical traits and ability coming out of North Dakota State. He was the No. 2 overall selection of the 2016 draft, but his accuracy and football intelligence were exceptionally high."

I want nothing to do with that. Probably the top 2 things you need as a QB but hey! what an arm!! 

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

I was looking at these "talented but flawed" QBs the other day.  In the last 12 years, we have drafted 8 QBs -- tied with Denver for most in the league (9 if you count Brad Smith).  5 of the 8 are still in the league.  So far this season, those 5 Jets QB draftees have a grand total of 0 completions and just two attempts (both by Geno).

As for next year, Rosen is the guy I want -- I agree that he has the personality to do well in NY.  Though I do not think there is any way we get him unless SF picks in the top 2 and we can work out a trade.

I think we can flirt with the Browns if it's rich enough but they could have a whole new front office coming in, so they may be a bit smarter come draft time. Unless they get a QB in a trade or free agency. 

23 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

So Darnold struggles with power house in USC and he is top 5 pick . Allen struggles with one of the worse team in nation . Undraftable.. 

i personally Don’t care about his performance against big school cause his team is beyond trash ., I do have concerns that he is extremely raw and gonna need some real coaching up to get the mental side to catch up to his great physical make up . He Could be Wentz or the next Lynch . Time will tell I guess 

I actually like Allen more than most around here but he is so much of a boom or bust guy with little in between that it would be hard for this GM to take the risk. I would certainly draft him before the likes of Jackson and Falk but I think we have to find a way to end up with Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I think we can flirt with the Browns if it's rich enough but they could have a whole new front office coming in, so they may be a bit smarter come draft time. Unless they get a QB in a trade or free agency. 

The Browns may have to trade the pick if Darnold and Rosen refuse to go there which is certainly possible.  

55 minutes ago, Pennington said:

The Browns may have to trade the pick if Darnold and Rosen refuse to go there which is certainly possible.  

That would be a very interesting situation. I'm not sure we'll ever know the truth unless they come out and say I'm returning to school because I don't want to play for the Browns. That's not really a common occurrence outside of the Manning family. January 16th was the deadline for players to declare last year to enter the draft so a trade would need to happen prior to that.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

2012:  Broncos sign Peyton Manning, making Tim Tebow available in trade.  I remember thinking anywhere but the Jets.

2013: Geno Smith falls to the 2nd round of the draft.  I remember thinking, anywhere but the Jets.

2014: Michael Vick becomes a free agent.  I remember thinking, anywhere but the Jets.

2016: Christian Hackenberg is available in the draft.  I remember thinking, anywhere but the Jets.

And now, we are talking about Josh Allen.  Again, anywhere but the Jets.  Which means it is a virtual certainty.  May as well get used to the idea of Hack and Allen battling it out next spring/summer.  And another year with Josh McCown as the starter.

Lol... you do us no favors spreading bad juju like that.

If there's a glimmer of hope here, it's this particular case comes on the heels of Macc getting hardcore fcking burned by Hackenberg -- who shares a ton of common narratives with Allen. Despite being something of an ignoramus with QBs, i really really have a hard time seeing Macc taking a QB with the same concerns as Hack. That would be legendary on the moronic spectrum. 

49 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol... you do us no favors spreading bad juju like that.

If there's a glimmer of hope here, it's this particular case comes on the heels of Macc getting hardcore fcking burned by Hackenberg -- who shares a ton of common narratives with Allen. Despite being something of an ignoramus with QBs, i really really have a hard time seeing Macc taking a QB with the same concerns as Hack. That would be legendary on the moronic spectrum. 

I hope you are right.  What scares me is Allen is the type of guy who is likely to look great in t-shirts and shorts.  Someone is gonna love the kid based on the combine and pro day -- hopefully it is not Macc.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

I hope you are right.  What scares me is Allen is the type of guy who is likely to look great in t-shirts and shorts.  Someone is gonna love the kid based on the combine and pro day -- hopefully it is not Macc.

well based on what we've learned - that's exactly what happened to Macc. Wow'd in workouts + on the white board... did not translate on Sundays. As much as i give Mike a hard time, I just don't think he's that dumb to repeat such huge mistake - not when his job's basically on the line. 

9 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Darnold's favorite receiver is the other team. He's way overrated.

People are dug in deep on Darnold.  Literally everything about his game has regressed, yet few question him.

I don't get it.  

The only thing I know for certain about QB evaluation is too many QBs are annointed the next big thing way to early.

Archived