Breer On Josh Allen

KRL

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, varjet said:

Great article.   I can understand better why Petty seemed to take to the offense better than Hack.  

Makes you wonder why the Jets did not draft Watson.

In retrospect, assuming we pick 6th AGAIN, who would we rather pay that money to-Watson or Mayfield?

We are not picking 6th.  We are winning one or two more meaningless games

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

@Mogglez So everyone just assumes we have an affinity for inaccurate project QBs because of perceived measurables? I'm not a Macc fan, but even he isn't this stupid -- to bookend your Hack with your Allen? lol

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/931206641860665345

It does fall somewhat in line with what I had heard from my buddy and mentioned here a couple weeks back, which was that our interest and homework on Allen has increased over the last 2 months, however, unless something drastically changed, I wouldn't say that we love him.  Also, he's most certainly not the QB we've done the most work on.  A casual fan who has kept up with the games that Macc and the lead scouts have personally attended could tell you that we covet Rosen the most.

I, for the record, am 110% against drafting Allen.

54 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It does fall somewhat in line with what I had heard from my buddy and mentioned here a couple weeks back, which was that our interest and homework on Allen has increased over the last 2 months, however, unless something drastically changed, I wouldn't say that we love him.  Also, he's most certainly not the QB we've done the most work on.  A casual fan who has kept up with the games that Macc and the lead scouts have personally attended could tell you that we covet Rosen the most.

I, for the record, am 110% against drafting him.

110% against Rosen or Allen?

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Allen.  Should have said that.  Edited for clarity.  My b, lol.

Gotcha. I agree. I’ll have confidence the Jets should draft a “talented but flawed” QB when they finally squeeze a meaningful series from any of the “talented but flawed” QBs they already drafted. And Allen interviews like a mush, too. Mush don’t fly here. That’s why I kinda like Rosen—he seems to have the requisite amount of smarmy douchebagginess required to survive in NY.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I, for the record, am 110% against drafting Allen.

Yes, I remember you mentioning that, cause i winced... I mean, i get it - you may as well give them all their due -- but based on risks associated with Allen, and the egg still dripping on Macc's face, you'd think he just scratch that one off the board altogether. He's 100% fired if he's next QB can't get on the field and march the band. Seems like suicide to even entertain Allen. 

BTW: I love Matt Twitter-titties Miller's liberal use of "love" in that one

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Gotcha. I agree. I’ll have confidence the Jets should draft a “talented but flawed” QB when they finally squeeze a meaningful series from any of the “talented but flawed” QBs they already drafted. And Allen interviews like a mush, too. Mush don’t fly here. That’s why I kinda like Rosen—he seems to have the requisite amount of smarmy douchebagginess required to survive in NY.

Agreed. My fear with Rosen is that he would be the Jets’ Mark Prior. It’ll start off all fun and games with flawless mechanics this and towel drills that, we’ll get a year or two of utterly badass QB’ing, and then the body falls apart. I don’t have much doubt about Rosen outside of health.

15 minutes ago, peebag said:

But at least Darnold is playing a higher level competition and might just lead his team to a New Year's Day bowl.

I'm not defending Josh Allen. I think he stinks. Just find it funny that the same people who are talking about excuse-making for Allen happen to be the excuse-makers for Darnold. 

29 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I'm not defending Josh Allen. I think he stinks. Just find it funny that the same people who are talking about excuse-making for Allen happen to be the excuse-makers for Darnold. 

Well between Darnold and Allen, one of them is a career 65% completion, the other 55%.  One of them has to have a massive game for his team to win, and has done that in just about every game.  The other has multiple games with less than 100 yards passing.  

Darnold will be the #1 pick regardless of what anyone is saying about him or have him “ranked.”

Allen is going to get the GM that drafts him in the first three rounds fired within 8 months of the draft.

On 11/15/2017 at 4:40 PM, varjet said:

Great article.   I can understand better why Petty seemed to take to the offense better than Hack.  

Makes you wonder why the Jets did not draft Watson.

In retrospect, assuming we pick 6th AGAIN, who would we rather pay that money to-Watson or Mayfield?

Mahomes the guy best suited to run said offense with the most skill, Watson 2nd, and Mayfield no thanks at all.

7 hours ago, Pcola said:

Well between Darnold and Allen, one of them is a career 65% completion, the other 55%.  One of them has to have a massive game for his team to win, and has done that in just about every game.  The other has multiple games with less than 100 yards passing.  

Darnold will be the #1 pick regardless of what anyone is saying about him or have him “ranked.”

Allen is going to get the GM that drafts him in the first three rounds fired within 8 months of the draft.

The kid has all the tools.  He’s going to be a player to be reckoned with. Hope he lands in the right spot and gets a competent QB coach. 

9 hours ago, Pcola said:

Darnold's favorite receiver is the other team. He's way overrated.

9 hours ago, sourceworx said:

It's more funny that your entire argument against Darnold is the name of his school and hometown location. 

Watch the game tomorrow night Archie.

16 minutes ago, jetrider said:

It's more funny that your entire argument against Darnold is the name of his school and hometown location. 

Watch the game tomorrow night Archie.

Ummmm......what?

My argument against Darnold is that he's a turnover machine. If college players are picking him off left and right what do you think NFL players will do to him?

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Mahomes the guy best suited to run said offense with the most skill, Watson 2nd, and Mayfield no thanks at all.

Curious why after reading that article you feel Mayfield is a bad fit for the offense.  I thought the exact opposite actually, that both Mayfield and Falk would be excellent fits for what Morton is running.

Falk is a really intriguing guy.  Has all the intangibles, is VERY accurate and from most accounts throws with NFL type anticipation (ie the "throwing guys open").  However his arm strength falls somewhere between above average and weak (not sure what the actual answer is) which could push into the middle rounds.

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yes you will see the smarmy douchebagginess, when he's being interviewed post game with "his fav reciever" OBJ..

2012:  Broncos sign Peyton Manning, making Tim Tebow available in trade.  I remember thinking anywhere but the Jets.

2013: Geno Smith falls to the 2nd round of the draft.  I remember thinking, anywhere but the Jets.

2014: Michael Vick becomes a free agent.  I remember thinking, anywhere but the Jets.

2016: Christian Hackenberg is available in the draft.  I remember thinking, anywhere but the Jets.

And now, we are talking about Josh Allen.  Again, anywhere but the Jets.  Which means it is a virtual certainty.  May as well get used to the idea of Hack and Allen battling it out next spring/summer.  And another year with Josh McCown as the starter.

So Darnold struggles with power house in USC and he is top 5 pick . Allen struggles with one of the worse team in nation . Undraftable.. 

i personally Don’t care about his performance against big school cause his team is beyond trash ., I do have concerns that he is extremely raw and gonna need some real coaching up to get the mental side to catch up to his great physical make up . He Could be Wentz or the next Lynch . Time will tell I guess 

Archived