Paradis

Kirk Cousins is trash

3 hours ago, SenorGato said:

The Good Guys lose because it’s the second movie of a Good Guys Win triology. It’s less like ESB than TFA was a New Hope buuuuut it’s the one where the Good Guys lose. Mark Sanchez is still a joke and the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise. 

You were warned.

Now, you will die.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Won’t change that Sanchez sucked and sucks balls THO 

What's more important is that you think the only quarterback to accomplish anything since 1970 is worthless.

You get what you deserve now.  God sent you Geno and Ryan and Bryce and Christian and Josh to punish you for your lack of faith.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What's more important is that you think the only quarterback to accomplish anything since 1970 is worthless.

You get what you deserve now.  God sent you Geno and Ryan and Bryce and Christian and Josh to punish you for your lack of faith.

SAR I

Sanchez was far and away the worst punishment. Jets finally take a QB with a top five pick, basically gave up nothing to do it, and it turns out he was sent by evil itself to sink this franchise further for another decade. Fuuuck that guy and the foozeball takes of anyone defending him in 2017. 

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Reports are that they will not transition tag him.  They see that as letting him walk.  They will either franchise him or walk away.  

I find that interesting that they wouldn't transition tag him. I think they could come out and say:

"We just can't justify one year at $34M just to potentially have you walk next year. What we'd like to do is Transition Tag you so it allows you to gauge your worth as though it were FA but we want you back so badly that we want to have the opportunity to match a contract that is given to you"

That's the route I'd take as an organization, I think it tries to show the fans that they want him but don't want to be held under the threat of him leaving next year. If Cousins chooses to take a deal that the Redskins can't match then so be it, the Redskins then have an out. I think they won't roll the dice on the franchise tag because Cousins will opt to play it out and then be in the same position next year. I guess the sole benefit of just letting him walk without any tag at the end of the season is that you'll get a late 3rd rounder in 2019 assuming you don't spend the $52M on free agents that will cancel out any comp pick.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Sanchez was far and away the worst punishment. Jets finally take a QB with a top five pick, basically gave up nothing to do it, and it turns out he was sent by evil itself to sink this franchise further for another decade. Fuuuck that guy and the foozeball takes of anyone defending him in 2017. 

How ya doing since he left?  You happy with the improvement in play at the position?  You know, because Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, Geno Smith, Michael Vick, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, and Josh McCown have been soooo much better?

LOL.  Enjoy.  You got what you wished for.

SAR I

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How ya doing since he left?  You happy with the improvement in play at the position?  You know, because Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, Geno Smith, Michael Vick, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, and Josh McCown have been soooo much better?

LOL.  Enjoy.  You got what you wished for.

SAR I

Sounds like a broken record. The same tired bullsh*t over and over again.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Don't bother S.G. The Elitist Skankee Fan cannot understand anything but their own convoluted take on reality.

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Sounds like a broken record. The same tired bullsh*t over and over again.

You just call out my name,
And you know where ever I am
I'll come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You've got a friend.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

You just call out my name,
And you know where ever I am
I'll come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You've got a friend.

SAR I

Broken Record
Why the **** do I keep feeling like I lost my sh*t?
It’s like I should just give up because I’m not legit
It’s like I got a chain wallet and some frosted tips
Sometimes I wanna grab a ******* gun and swallow it
It's like pulling teeth for me to give a compliment
That's why I walk into your circle, and I talk some sh*t
I'm sure you tell all of your friends that I'm a monster prick
Man, I wish that guy would take a hike and chomp a dick
And I can't stop any of these evil thoughts
And I never thought I would ever be so lost
Make these bad thoughts go away, they need to stop
And if I keep sobbing like a bitch, I'll need a mop
It's like my mind's a broken record, make it go away
And I keep telling myself that I'll be okay
But something

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:
Broken Record

Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

How ya doing since he left?

Hilariously as bad as things are the QB play has actually gotten better especially in the most recent years. The last two Jets starters, Fitzgerald and McCown, managed pretty competent performances in 2015 and 2017, certainly waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than anything that dipsh*t Sanchez ever gave the Jets. All those AFCG Jets needed was competence out of their QB, even average would have worked, but that guy could not deliver. Probably lost too much juice banging underage drunk girls at da clubs. 

5 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Hilariously as bad as things are the QB play has actually gotten better especially in the most recent years. The last two Jets starters, Fitzgerald and McCown, managed pretty competent performances in 2015 and 2017, certainly waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than anything that dipsh*t Sanchez ever gave the Jets. All those AFCG Jets needed was competence out of their QB, even average would have worked, but that guy could not deliver. Probably lost too much juice banging underage drunk girls at da clubs. 

First of all, the guy’s name was Fitzpatrick and he choked in his win and in game, played terribly.  Which impressed you more, that 1-4 run in 2015 or the 3-6 run before being benched in 2016? 

McCown?  LOL he lost two games by himself and no-showed in two others, awesome that you are happy with that.  And you do realize that we are in the middle of a 2-6 stretch headed towards ending the season on a 2-9 run, right?  Or did that slip your mind too?

So competent!  Sanchez suuuucked!  Such high standards.  Let me guess; Mets fan, right?  Buttfumble got you teased and made you cry, no safe space, right? 

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sanchez suuuucked!  Such high standards.

SAR I

High standards? This team would have killed for him to not be the worst passer in the league during their short window. He did, indeed, suck and worse is that he dragged eeeeeeeeeveryone and everything down with him. 

18 hours ago, chirorob said:

Brees in New Orleans

Was on a $10m/year deal. The cap in 2009 was $123m.

He got a sizable bump in 2012, and from 2012-2016, the Saints have been 7-9 four times and 11-5 once. This year he's at $19m on a $165m cap and are 9-4.

There's an ocean of disparity between the above and the idea of Kirk Cousins at some $30m on a $170m cap.

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Was on a $10m/year deal. The cap in 2009 was $123m.

He got a sizable bump in 2012, and from 2012-2016, the Saints have been 7-9 four times and 11-5 once. This year he's at $19m on a $165m cap and are 9-4.

There's an ocean of disparity between the above and the idea of Kirk Cousins at some $30m on a $170m cap.

He was a FA good starting QB who went to another team and won a SB.  It was odd because they (Chargers) thought he was going to be a bust and drafted Rivers.  If Rivers doesn't hold out, Brees doesn't get that last chance to start, and is just another 2nd round unproductive QB.

Really, how many decent QBs even hit the market?  Name the last "Good" QB to hit the market?  You had the odd thing with OLD Peyton, and... I don't know who else. 

18 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think what is going to happen is that the contracts are going to be given in cycles where they get a ton one year and less the next to allow them to load up at other positions.  I am very interested to see what the Cousins UFA range is.  I am thinking it will be much closer to $25M/per which I think is not particularly crazy.  

Reports are that they will not transition tag him.  They see that as letting him walk.  They will either franchise him or walk away.  

My guess, a month ago, was that it'd be around $24m as well, so we'll see if we're right or if the $30m/year hysterics that people are willing to toss around are more accurate.

The only advantage to transition tagging is one year at lower cost if no one else is really interested, while also not overbidding against themselves. Plus the added theoretical benefit, that if he sustains a career-altering injury they're off the hook after that season's over.

If it's closer to $24m, then by years 3-5 it'll feel like a good amount less as the cap limit continues to rise. But I still just don't see him as this gotta-have talent who makes everyone around him put up video game numbers. But even at a little lower amount, compared to a 1st round pick QB, it's a pair of $10m/year FA starters to add (on top of having a new QB). There's obvious downside with a pick, but the upside isn't just the cost; it's also that we could end up with a better QB than Cousins. That it would come with such a much lower pricetag is an added bonus. 

, so we'll see if we're right or if the $30m/year hysterics that people are willing to toss around are more accurate.

If I were less lazy I’d copy and paste just how often you’ve set Cousins at $30 million in this thread. POSSIBLY more than anyone else. 

14 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He was a FA good starting QB who went to another team and won a SB.  It was odd because they (Chargers) thought he was going to be a bust and drafted Rivers.  If Rivers doesn't hold out, Brees doesn't get that last chance to start, and is just another 2nd round unproductive QB.

Really, how many decent QBs even hit the market?  Name the last "Good" QB to hit the market?  You had the odd thing with OLD Peyton, and... I don't know who else. 

Absolutely he was, but in relative terms he was less than half the cost of the numbers being thrown around for Cousins. Even on the say the contract was signed, in 2006, Brees was just under 1/10 of the Saints' cap ($10m on a $102m limit) and that allocation only went down as years went on.

To make it the same proportional cost, the 2018 salary cap would have to jump to $250-300m. 

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

If I were less lazy I’d copy and paste just how often you’ve set Cousins at $30 million in this thread. POSSIBLY more than anyone else. 

In response to various people saying they'd pay him $30m, yes. What of it?

Get over your us vs the man reason for Cousins or paying other non-amazing players the $ that should be reserved for amazing players. The team has a spending floor. It doesn't go away if it isn't overspent on a couple of ultra high priced players. Teams that spend this level $ for a merely pretty-good QB (for the first 3 quarters of games) don't typically win superbowls.

The odds of landing a FQB in the draft are far, far better than winning a SB with the likes of signing a 30 year-old Kirk Cousins to elite QB money.

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

In response to various people saying they'd pay him $30m, yes. What of it?

Get over your us vs the man reason for Cousins or paying other non-amazing players the $ that should be reserved for amazing players. The team has a spending floor. It doesn't go away if it isn't overspent on a couple of ultra high priced players. Teams that spend this level $ for a merely pretty-good QB (for the first 3 quarters of games) don't win superbowls.

The odds of landing a FQB in the draft are far, far better than winning a SB with the likes of signing a 30 year-old Kirk Cousins to elite QB money.

Has even one person said this? Can I start reading one of your posts without immediately being able to call shenanigans?

Amazing players lol - these super special beings that will one day exist if we just keep saving! You still absolutely make no sense. Nothing you say is practical and everything lives in this dream reality where if we just bide our time and save Woody’s money the perfect players will emerge in perfect conditions. It’s nonsense. 

As with most of your posts that last part is completely made up. What is actually the case is that QBs like Cousin don’t shake free but *every single time* an above average QB has hit FA the buyer has made and won the SB (Brees and Manning). Now please regale us with how Cousins’ aura and will to win don’t match those guys and therefore minus 6 odds using science. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Has even one person said this? Can I start reading one of your posts without immediately being able to call shenanigans?

Amazing players lol - these super special beings that will one day exist if we just keep saving! You still absolutely make no sense. 

As with most of your posts that last part is completely made up. What is actually the case is that QBs like Cousin don’t shake free but *every single time* an above average QB has hit FA the buyer has made and won the SB (Brees and Manning). Now please regale us with how Cousins’ aura and will to win don’t match those guys and therefore minus 6 odds using science. 

Yes plenty of people here have said they'd pay him $30m/year.

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes plenty of people here have said they'd pay him $30m/year.

Hey another line that reeks of horsepoop.  Name one! 

As far as I’ve seen the only people pushing the $30 million narrative are those like yourself. It’s this or some nonsense about it factors and not being amazing enough according to some made up on the spot standard...

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Hey another line that reeks of horsepoop.  Name one! 

As far as I’ve seen the only people pushing the $30 million narrative are those like yourself. It’s this or some nonsense about it factors and not being amazing enough according to some made up on the spot standard...

Nope. There were entire threads about it as any regulars know. You can do your own homework. Or you can still go on and on if it makes you feel good.

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Nope. There were entire threads about it as any regulars know. You can do your own homework. Or you can still go on and on if it makes you feel good.

Nah I’ll just go with the simplest solution which is that you made it up. It would hardly be the first time unless we’re just counting  within that one post. I don’t understand why you’d feel so compelled to be that way if your arguments are so airtight in your head, but it is what it is/sh*t happens/etc.

13 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Nah I’ll just go with the simplest solution which is that you made it up. It would hardly be the first time unless we’re just counting  within that one post. I don’t understand why you’d feel so compelled to be that way if your arguments are so airtight in your head, but it is what it is/sh*t happens/etc.

I suppose I'd be as angry as you are if I was wrong as often as you are.

Does shaking your fists at the sky feel good? I'll have to add it to my bucket list lol.

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I suppose I'd be as angry as you are if I was wrong as often as you are.

Does shaking your fists at the sky feel good? I'll have to add it to my bucket list lol.

See but this tendency to make things up to push forward your agenda as truth reeeeeeeaaaaalllly makes it seem like you’re angry (at the very least, mad). I’ve never had a problem being wrong buddy, I’m just not in our discussions. 

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

See but this tendency to make things up to push forward your agenda as truth reeeeeeeaaaaalllly makes it seem like you’re angry (at the very least, mad). I’ve never had a problem being wrong buddy, I’m just not in our discussions. 

Lol, if this makes you feel better about yourself then go ahead. This is the site that cares and I want to help.

But going back to the whole "Revis isn't seeking $16m" you angrily harped on about on & on for weeks, to the "Mo Wilkerson is a future HOFer" stuff, I'm struggling to recall anything you've been correct about all these years.

Your own blatant "agenda" - or one of them, anyway - is to try to put me in my place, so you could hopefully be correct about something. You should shoot for something within your reach. It will never happen. 

As far as your latest failed attempt to prevail on any one point in a discussion, there's no shortage of posts for and against paying upwards of some $30m for Kirk Cousins, and again, there was an entire thread recently that floated the idea of paying him $30m.

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol, if this makes you feel better about yourself then go ahead. This is the site that cares and I want to help.

But going back to the whole "Revis isn't seeking $16m" you angrily harped on about on & on for weeks, to the "Mo Wilkerson is a future HOFer" stuff, I'm struggling to recall anything you've been correct about all these years.

Your own blatant "agenda" - or one of them, anyway - is to try to put me in my place, so you could hopefully be correct about something. You should shoot for something within your reach. It will never happen. 

As far as your latest failed attempt to prevail on any one point in a discussion, there's no shortage of posts for and against paying upwards of some $30m for Kirk Cousins, and again, there was an entire thread recently that floated the idea of paying him $30m.

Oh Sperm, this is just sad. Is there a single thing in this post you didn’t make up because it’s convenient and you can? You understand putting quotes around fake quotes doesn’t make them real right? How do you act this way and then try to paint me as the clearly angry one here? Lol put you in your place? Dude calling bullsh*t on bullsh*t is just that, it’s not some power move I’m making on a message board. 

16 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Oh Sperm, this is just sad. Like is there a single thing in this post you didn’t make up? You understand putting quotes around fake quotes doesn’t make them real right? How do you act this way and then try to paint me as the clearly angry one here? Lol put you in your place? Dude calling bullsh*t on bullsh*t is just that, it’s not some power move I’m making on a message board. 

They're all real, as you of course know. I think it's pretty obvious that they're paraphrases, as this is hardly worth spending an hour to find your actual words. These were your positions, as anyone who was here remembers well. Don't run from them now, my sweet. Own it and embrace them :)

I can help you with your anger (it's quite clear you're seething): just agree with me on everything and you'll be in heaven. You'll also get to be right about a bunch of things as well. Bonus! 

FYI I'm perfectly willing to get back to a football discussion if you are.