Sign Kirk Cousins, Draft Barkley

Pac

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets have made way too many mistakes over the years with the QB position its the main reason we haven't been successful since 1969. 

I  like Kirk Cousins the QB but not for the price he will demand. 

joewilly - give me your walk away price tag for Kirk.  Just curious what too much is.

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Look around at what starting QBs past their 1st or 2nd contact are making.  Anytime one signs a new deal he usually becomes the highest paid QB.  Dollars don't equate to who's best or an order of top players at any position. It's timing of when you could hit the open market.  But the thing is all the top half starting QBs make huge money.  That being the case it's not overpaying.  It's the going rate for a better starting QB.  

This is true. They tend to hit the market and use overpaid QB's to show "Hey im better than this guy and look at his salary". This is why we have this problem. 

Carson Palmer isnt worth 24 million dollars. Kirk Cousins is actually better than Carson Palmer, that doesnt mean that he should get atleast Carson Palmer Money when Palmer shouldnt have gotten that in the first place. 

The trend is incorrect and the teams in the know are making the correct adjustments. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

This is true. They tend to hit the market and use overpaid QB's to show "Hey im better than this guy and look at his salary". This is why we have this problem. 

Carson Palmer isnt worth 24 million dollars. Kirk Cousins is actually better than Carson Palmer, that doesnt mean that he should get atleast Carson Palmer Money when Palmer shouldnt have gotten that in the first place. 

The trend is incorrect and the teams in the know are making the correct adjustments. 

I love you and look forward to the snuggie hug, but this isn't actually a thing.  There is a reason it's called a "trend" and nobody is making any adjustments to buck the trend. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

And both were stupid contracts. You dont follow the leader when you know its stupid. 

Doesn't matter what you think is stupid, it's what the market will bear.  With your mentality you'd never be in the running for any free agent QB.  So you would end up rolling the dice with a cheap journey man, or an unproven rookie.  I prefer to mix the draft with free agency.

Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

Doesn't matter what you think is stupid, it's what the market will bear.  With your mentality you'd never be in the running for any free agent QB.  So you would end up rolling the dice with a cheap journey man, or an unproven rookie.  I prefer to mix the draft with free agency.

Vikings doing well with a cheap journey man. lol. 

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then Damit, let the Jets be Mavericks! 

They can be Mavericks.  QB-less Mavericks.  lol

The best part of this conversation?  The Jets are taking a mid-round flier and resigning Joshy. You know it.  I know it.  Everybody in the world knows it and Jets fans are just hoping it isn't true. 

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

They can be Mavericks.  QB-less Mavericks.  lol

The best part of this conversation?  The Jets are taking a mid-round flier and resigning Joshy. You know it.  I know it.  Everybody in the world knows it and Jets fans are just hoping it isn't true. 

The brutal truth^^^^^

I would have preferred you mention how i was wrong about Glennon again! Lol

33 minutes ago, JiF said:

ok you're back to having rocks for brains...  for a second there I was worried I'd have to start agreeing with you regularly.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

If we were just a QB away then I would understand the latter, but we're not just a QB away. We need a pass rusher, a RB, a new Oline, Cornerbacks etc. 

We get Cousins here and by the time we have could have something going it'll be his 3rd year under than contract and he'll be in his mid 30's and that money mounted to nothing. 

Completely agree with this.  As good as Cousins is, if the Jets sign him, the better part of his contract he will be playing for a team that isn't a legitimate contender. 

37 minutes ago, Pac said:

ok you're back to having rocks for brains...  for a second there I was worried I'd have to start agreeing with you regularly.

I have history and facts on my side.  You have hope and emotion on yours.  I hope I'm wrong but I wont say I told you so.  Promise. 

54 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The brutal truth^^^^^

I would have preferred you mention how i was wrong about Glennon again! Lol

FWIW - me bringing up Glennon in this conversation was not an attempt to rub your nose in the fact he sucks.  I respect the fact you will put yourself out there like that and you're a good sport at handling the backlash.   It was just pointing out the inconstancies of your stance on Cousins vs. Glennon.

Archived