Texas OL Connor Williams vs SMU WR Courtland Sutton

Sarge4Tide

Texas OL Connor Williams or SMU WR Courtland Sutton?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. If it came down to Williams or Sutton, I would....

• STRONGLY Favor Williams
    • Favor Williams
    • Be happy with either one, but slight edge to Williams
    • Be happy with either one, but slight edge to Sutton
    • Favor Sutton
    • STRONGLY Favor Sutton

53 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If it came down to the Jets selecting Texas OL Connor Williams or SMU WR Courtland Sutton with the #6 pick in the 2018 NFL, what would be your preference?

Cool question. I'd prefer trade down since I like shiftier WRs. That said Sutton with the big frame is a nice target.

I don’t know enough about either to answer.

You will be killed for suggesting we need a WR. People here are typically thinking “ehh Robbie, Kearse and (unsigned&injured) Enunwa are enough”

The Jets currently hold the 6th pick in the daft and the current top of said draft could include 3 QBs, an al-world RB and the top rated edge rusher in the draft .  Leonard Williams wasn't supposed to drop to the Jets pick and neither was Jamal Adams according to the talking heads .

In this draft, the Jets will have the chance to get either the top rated LT, the top rated RB , the top rated edge rusher or a quality rated QB .  It's quite possible the Jets could fill 2 premium positions on the roster from this draft . without trading up.  

3 hours ago, JiF said:

LT > WR, especially at #6 overall.   Sutton isn't Julio or AJ or even Mike Evans for that matter. 

This is Corey Davis all over again, dominated at a small school but doesn't do or possess anything worthy of a top 10 pick. 

Have to disagree with you on Sutton, I think he’s legit and would be a great addition for us but having said that I’d go OT. if not Williams then McGlinchey

5 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Have to disagree with you on Sutton, I think he’s legit and would be a great addition for us but having said that I’d go OT. if not Williams then McGlinchey

Honestly, I've only seen him play once vs. UCF and a little bit of their bowl game and he was meh. Everyone was hyping him like crazy so I looked at his stats and they're extremely underwhelming.  He's had multiple games with 1 or 2 catches vs. really sh*tty competition and thought...hmmm, I don't get it. 

Do you think he's better than Calvin Ridley? 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Honestly, I've only seen him play once vs. UCF and a little bit of their bowl game and he was meh. Everyone was hyping him like crazy so I looked at his stats and they're extremely underwhelming.  He's had multiple games with 1 or 2 catches vs. really sh*tty competition and thought...hmmm, I don't get it. 

Do you think he's better than Calvin Ridley? 

He’s a different type of player than Ridley but yes I would probably take Sutton over Ridley. That’s not intended as a knock on Ridley.

I made my mind up on Sutton after last year, look at his 2016 tape and numbers. 76-1300-10...that’s great production whatever the level. He’s a rare athlete at that size, plucks the ball with his hands and is deceptiveoy fast and quick for a tall WR. He’s the type of wideout who attacks the ball in the air and doesn’t allow the DB a chance to make a play by waiting for the ball to come to him. He was outstanding as a freshman too(49-700-9). He’s like a faster Alshon Jeffrey or, dare I say it....Al Toon

‘His numbers were down this year but still decent, that said it is a concern and I wonder what the scouts will make of that, maybe he was just being targeted by opposing defenders and double-covered a lot, after 2016 the secret was out that he’s a threat. Interestingly SMU had another wideout, Trey Quinn who had a huge season production wise, it’s entirely possible he was the beneficiary of all the attention that teams were paying to Sutton.

i would not be surprised if Sutton is the first WR off the board come the draft. combine will be big for him, if he blows it up athletically he’s a top 10 pick. At the very least I think he goes 15-22 area

47 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

He’s a different type of player than Ridley but yes I would probably take Sutton over Ridley. That’s not intended as a knock on Ridley.

I made my mind up on Sutton after last year, look at his 2016 tape and numbers. 76-1300-10...that’s great production whatever the level. He’s a rare athlete at that size, plucks the ball with his hands and is deceptiveoy fast and quick for a tall WR. He’s the type of wideout who attacks the ball in the air and doesn’t allow the DB a chance to make a play by waiting for the ball to come to him. He was outstanding as a freshman too(49-700-9). He’s like a faster Alshon Jeffrey or, dare I say it....Al Toon

‘His numbers were down this year but still decent, that said it is a concern and I wonder what the scouts will make of that, maybe he was just being targeted by opposing defenders and double-covered a lot, after 2016 the secret was out that he’s a threat. Interestingly SMU had another wideout, Trey Quinn who had a huge season production wise, it’s entirely possible he was the beneficiary of all the attention that teams were paying to Sutton.

i would not be surprised if Sutton is the first WR off the board come the draft. combine will be big for him, if he blows it up athletically he’s a top 10 pick. At the very least I think he goes 15-22 area

Fair, like I've said...Ive only see a little bit of him and just looked at game logs.  Of what I've read on him, they say he struggles with the bold but I'm taking some joe blows word on that.  

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fair, like I've said...Ive only see a little bit of him and just looked at game logs.  Of what I've read on him, they say he struggles with the bold but I'm taking some joe blows word on that.  

Interesting, hands catching was one of the things that most jumped out for me. I guess even in the NFL there are successful WR’s who body catch from time to time so it’s not like you can;t be successful either way. Another thing I love is that he gets both feet down on sideline throws or end zone fades. It’s a little thing but most college wideouts don’t worry about both feet, they don’t need to. So many of the things Sutton does says NFL ready. I know it’s a highlight real and you really need to study how he works when the play is away from him as well but check out some of the catches, the double moves and the footwork here

6 hours ago, JiF said:

LT > WR, especially at #6 overall.   Sutton isn't Julio or AJ or even Mike Evans for that matter. 

This is Corey Davis all over again, dominated at a small school but doesn't do or possess anything worthy of a top 10 pick. 

It's not the exciting pick, but I agree.

At 6 I want, QB, Edge Rusher, or LT.   That's it.

Archived