Bilal Powell heading into his age 30 season...

SenorGato

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Gato stressing about cap efficiency when our last foray into free agency is coming off signing 4 FA cbs/safeties and David Harris. 

Sure, i want the the drunk guy to not scratch up a new car, but i'm also just kind of hoping he doesn't wrap himself around a utility pole. 

Still not an excuse to make Powell out to be more than he is 

37 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I'd say over reactive fans and idiot print writers stirring up unnecessary bullsh*t are on the problem list as well.

If the problem is catering to fans who don’t know what they’re talking about and are just being emotional...and the popular fan take is to hold onto Powell at $4.8 or restructure and extend him to get his age 30 and 31 seasons, or hold onto him until 100% sure they can land a replacement backup RB because he didn’t get a fair enough shot his first 7 years...

45 minutes ago, BigO said:

First, you’re not dealing with someone with a full deck. Second, see first.

That’s ****ed up, Ph1l. I liked you better on the other account. 

The guy is invaluable to our offense. And if you let him walk many other teams would gladly give him 5 million. He would be a great fit for the Patriots even though they have good backs already. I definitely re-sign him. Money that would be very well spent. I might let Forte walk but I keep Bilal. 

18 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

If the problem is catering to fans who don’t know what they’re talking about and are just being emotional...and the popular fan take is to hold onto Powell at $4.8 or restructure and extend him to get his age 30 and 31 seasons, or hold onto him until 100% sure they can land a replacement backup RB because he didn’t get a fair enough shot his first 7 years...

Thanks Donald - great minds think alike. 

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The guy is invaluable to our offense. And if you let him walk many other teams would gladly give him 5 million. He would be a great fit for the Patriots even though they have good backs already. I definitely re-sign him. Money that would be very well spent. I might let Forte walk but I keep Bilal. 

I wouldn’t say invaluable but he’s a respectable part time running back.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think he's better than that but no argument on my part. He probably made more big plays during the season than any other player on offense. 

I think he’s a pretty good player.  I’m fine with him and McGuire as the platoon next season I don’t know if Forte’s money is guaranteed next year if not he has to be cut.  Powell is 30 but doesn’t have a lot of miles on him plus he’s just a part time player

Definitely prefer Powell/McGuire at cheap money over spending $15 million per year on a big name with mileage like Leveon Bell

27 minutes ago, BigO said:

Thanks Donald - great minds think alike. 

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Stay.  He’s still a useful player cut Forte and stick with Bilal and McGuire as the committee 

Smooth ass transition, wish you’d gone a little more *door flies open*

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think he's better than that but no argument on my part. He probably made more big plays during the season than any other player on offense. 

Robby Anderson 

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I think he’s a pretty good player.  I’m fine with him and McGuire as the platoon next season I don’t know if Forte’s money is guaranteed next year if not he has to be cut.  Powell is 30 but doesn’t have a lot of miles on him plus he’s just a part time player

Definitely prefer Powell/McGuire at cheap money over spending $15 million per year on a big name with mileage like Leveon Bell

Wait up BigO, you’re not just into keeping him but promoting him?

I thought the hope is that this guy basically becomes Kevin Faulk, the eternal backup RB that becomes every hipster’s favorite player when the offense gets too mainstream. Starting RB Bilal Powell...

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You’re the guy who was screamingly for Wilkerson to get $100 million extension 2 years ago now you want to give Bell $75 million 

Hopefully I’m as money on calling a Bell signing as I was the Wilkerson one. So some folks lucked out and Wilkerson fell off a cliff, big whoop. Like with Wilkerson the Jets aren’t missing out on any premium talent because they sign Bell. It may cut into the ASJ and ilk budget but hopefully we and the Jets will find the strength to carry on...

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You’re the guy who was screamingly for Wilkerson to get $100 million extension 2 years ago now you want to give Bell $75 million 

Donald (senior gato) would bankrupt this franchise if he were the GM. Then sue the fans ?

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

That's you in a nutshell. You're wrong on the salary cap implications and wrong on the way the salary cap work's. You keep on going though. It's good for a laugh.

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I like Forte too. I just don't think they used them both as receiver tandems enough. And Forte still can run and has drive. He didn't do it consistently but at times. I would be ok with that threesome. I also like Lawrence Thomas as fullback. He's not a bad receiver either. 

3 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Smooth ass transition, wish you’d gone a little more *door flies open*

Robby Anderson 

I was thinking of Robby, too as for who had the most big plays. But Bilal had a lot too. And he isn't a speed receiver like Robby who when he makes a big play it sticks out. 

16 hours ago, SenorGato said:

What should be done:

- Cut Forte, Powell, and McGuire

- Use Bell and the deepest RB class in years to completely revamp and modernize the position for the org 

Nah, I gotta disagree dude.  Why would you cut McGuire?  He played well at times, would be good depth, and comes on the cheep.  You can STILL do what you want, Bell and a high pick, and keep McGuire around for depth purposes, although I personally want nothing to do with the headache known as Leveon Bell at the price he will ask for.

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Nah, I gotta disagree dude.  Why would you cut McGuire?  He played well at times, would be good depth, and comes on the cheep.  You can STILL do what you want, Bell and a high pick, and keep McGuire around for depth purposes, although I personally want nothing to do with the headache known as Leveon Bell at the price he will ask for.

I wouldn’t cut all three backs, that was just being a little sensational. There’s zero incentive to cut McGuire before TC. 

Archived