Josh Allen Did Very Well

Grandy

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Let's use something more conventional then. 

If Matt Stafford is on the downslope of his career and Cousins is on the upswing why did Stafford throw for more yards, more touchdowns, less ints and had a higher comp% with a higher QB rating in 2017? 

Because you don’t read too good:

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

As a 5+ year starter entering his 30s he’s a better candidate to decline by 2020 than [improve]

Admittedly there’s lots to question about that.  That said it is not so irrational to believe a 7+ year starter entering his 30s with more than double the career starts and pass attempts is the more likely to decline between the two, particularly coming off an injury you say affected his season. 

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SenorGato said:

Admittedly there’s lots to question about that.  That said it is not so irrational to believe a 7+ year starter entering his 30s with more than double the career starts and pass attempts is the more likely to decline between the two, particularly coming off an injury you say affected his season. 

It's showing you quoting me in the second quote but those are your words not mine. 

To your second point, he hurt his finger dude, get a grip. 

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I understand you know how to find the website Hess. No one was ever hiding it from you. You’re not suddenly teacher two hours after asking what QBR is after citing it. 

You posted the link psychocat. I just opened it and looked. It's good stuff. 

Just now, HessStation said:

It's showing you quoting me in the second quote but those are your words not mine. 

To your second point, he hurt his finger dude, get a grip. 

Blame the site, not me! I quoted me!

You were crying about the finger throwing off his MVP campaign earlier. Now it’s inconvenient, time to erase! 

14 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You said his finger was a reason for his potential career decline at age 29....

Hess do not read too good:

agree Stafford has been consistent. That’s not his long term issue. As a 5+ year start entering his 30s he’s a better candidate to decline by 2020 than still be the bottom of the top 10 starter he’s already losing grip of. 

Second time you’ve tried this same thing in like three posts casuaLol. 

Crack is bad! 

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Hess do not read too good:

Second time you’ve tried this same thing in like three posts casuaLol. 

Crack is bad! 

28 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

you left out the bolded Gato...which is what I was referring to lol. 

13 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Reports are that he isn't even considering us and is going to sign with Denver.  I hope that isn't true.  I think we can offer him as much of a future as the Broncos can.

Just wondering, do you have a link that says he's not considering the Jets from an actual source?

Damn, quite a bit of oxygen being expended in the Josh Allen thread about Kirk Cousins, a guy who's likely to either get the franchise tag from Washington -making him unavailable- or the transition tag with a plan to match any offer, also making him unavailable. 

15 minutes ago, slats said:

Damn, quite a bit of oxygen being expended in the Josh Allen thread about Kirk Cousins, a guy who's likely to either get the franchise tag from Washington -making him unavailable- or the transition tag with a plan to match any offer, also making him unavailable. 

He’s not going to get the franchise tag. Too much money.

And I think the transition tag wouldn’t work either because if they would be prepared to match any offer, why not just sign him without tagging?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

He’s not going to get the franchise tag. Too much money.

And I think the transition tag wouldn’t work either

Franchise tag is north of $34M, transition tag is $28+M - or about what people expect him to sign for long term this offseason. Franchise tag wouldn't shock me as Jay Gruden has discussed it as a possibility, but I expect the transition tag. They'd be foolish not to apply it if they really do want to keep Cousins long term. 

10 minutes ago, slats said:

Franchise tag is north of $34M, transition tag is $28+M - or about what people expect him to sign for long term this offseason. Franchise tag wouldn't shock me as Jay Gruden has discussed it as a possibility, but I expect the transition tag. They'd be foolish not to apply it if they really do want to keep Cousins long term. 

And as I just said, the transition tag helps the Jets over the Broncos because of the cap space.

sorry that sounded rude. I apologize 

Broncos have about 23m in projected cap space. Jets have about 88m

Bottom line is if the Jets really want Kirk Cousins, there are few to no obstacles to get him.

The only real obstacles. I see is if the Browns who also have a ton of cap space want to get him, but then it opens up a Draft QB spot.

Also if Washington does decide to franchise him again, which at that money would be nuts

25 minutes ago, slats said:

With the difference between the Jets, and Skins cap space, it would be very easy for Jackie Davidson to design a front loaded contract the Skins just couldn't match

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And as I just said, the transition tag helps the Jets over the Broncos because of the cap space.

sorry that sounded rude. I apologize 

Broncos have about 23m in projected cap space. Jets have about 88m

The Broncos have been to the Super Bowl eight times since the Jets last played in one, winning three. Their current GM won a Super Bowl essentially by acquiring a veteran QB. Denver will be able to put together a competitive contract should Cousins spring free as an untagged FA, and have a lot more to offer as a proven winner. 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Bottom line is if the Jets really want Kirk Cousins, there are few to no obstacles to get him.

The only real obstacles. I see is if the Browns who also have a ton of cap space want to get him, but then it opens up a Draft QB spot.

Also if Washington does decide to franchise him again, which at that money would be nuts

Biggest obstacle is a tag. Washington slaps him with the transition, it'll be because they plan to do everything they can do to match. Cleveland may have money, but they're one of the few destinations in the NFL less attractive than the Jets. 

Should the Vikings decide that Cousins is an upgrade over their stable of free agents, they offer a team built to win now, that plays in a dome, and have $53M in cap space. 

Not to mention that the next time Mike Maccagnan wins a bidding war for a prime free agent, it will be his first. 

There are a number of obstacles. 

4 minutes ago, slats said:

The Broncos have been to the Super Bowl eight times since the Jets last played in one, winning three. Their current GM won a Super Bowl essentially by acquiring a veteran QB. Denver will be able to put together a competitive contract should Cousins spring free as an untagged FA, and have a lot more to offer as a proven winner. 

I agree that Denver is an obstacle.  Say what you want about the stable of QBs he has put together, but I would think Elway could make a pretty nice pitch to a potential FA QB.  They are also rumored to be shopping Aqib Talib to free up cap space, I have also heard reports that they could cut Demaryius Thomas or Emmanuel Sanders to make a run at cousins.

If we are going to miss out on him - Denver is the place I want to see him go.  Take them out of the discussion for a Top 5 QB.

Archived