Josh Allen Did Very Well

Grandy

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.M.G. this thread is so judgemental. He finally got weaponized and immediately played to his potential ceiling afforded by being large. He proved himself. 

Do you know more than Mayock? Mayock was talking 1st overall. That’s talent and an expert saw it. God you think you are such an expert who can just go around sharing your opinions on an open forum?  

God such a know it all. Allen’s ceiling upside potential is massive, see his measurements for proof Mr. Knows All Sees All.

There is also this angle I expect:

Oh so you Allen Haters point to stats when it supports your argument, but when he puts up good stats you do not care? 

Then repeat the whole expert/know it all thing while also repeating how we know for sure about Allen’s super high ceiling upside development potential because of his size.

13 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Now let's just hope a team picking in front of us is swayed by this one game illusion, and we get to pick one of the 3 big dogs

You know what would be funnier? If Allen turns out to be the best QB in this draft and the guy we end up with, that the fanbase loves because he had a higher comp pct, turns out to be the bust.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You know what would be funnier? If Allen turns out to be the best QB in this draft and the guy we end up with, that the fanbase loves because he had a higher comp pct, turns out to be the bust.

Fun fun fun. How funny would that be??

more funny than you could comprehensively comprehend as funny. That’s how funny. Wooo! 

Because it isnt happening.

There is no doubt in my mind that Josh Allen will get picked B4 the Jets & turn into a franchise QB, running around, making plays like Carson Wentz, and every single f*cking know it all on this site that have been disparaging him will be here claiming Macc Bowles were f*cking fools for passing him up, and how could they make such a grevious mistake taking "Another pass knocked down" Mayfield. You just know it's gonna happen, go J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Allen played well in the 3rd qtr.  Was he the best QB in the game?  No.  He was outplayed by Lauletta and White.  Not bad for guy that is trying to improve his draft stock from 7th round to day 2.  For a guy who people think is a top 5 pick, he didn’t do well enough. 

His struggles in the 2nd qtr stand out because the game was still close at that point.  When he threw his two TDs, the North was on the verge of getting blown out being down 18-3.  While he did bring the team back, how do you give two drives more weight than two years of film?

I get it, he has potential.  How many other prospects have terrible college film but get over drafted because teams ignore film?  Now let’s use that example on the most difficult position to develop.  This is how bad teams stay bad.

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Josh Allen will get picked B4 the Jets & turn into a franchise QB, running around, making plays like Carson Wentz, and every single f*cking know it all on this site that have been disparaging him will be here claiming Macc Bowles were f*cking fools for passing him up, and how could they make such a grevious mistake taking "Another pass knocked down" Mayfield. You just know it's gonna happen, go J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Settle down.

47 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

O.M.G. this thread is so judgemental. He finally got weaponized and immediately played to his potential ceiling afforded by being large. He proved himself. 

Do you know more than Mayock? Mayock was talking 1st overall. That’s talent and an expert saw it. God you think you are such an expert who can just go around sharing your opinions on an open forum?  

God such a know it all. Allen’s ceiling upside potential is massive, see his measurements for proof Mr. Knows All Sees All.

You need a 92 degree day and a fire hydrant. 

44 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You know what’s going to be even funnier than that?  When we sign McCown to a 2 year extension and draft either Faulk or Rudolph in the second round!

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

This

Just give me a QB who I can be genuinely excited about...before he inevitably falls flat on his face and we start this whole charade again 3-4 years from now.

I'll have you know that Josh McCown is a very young 39.  The guy doesn't look a day over 36 for god's sake!  What's not to love?!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/for-what-its-worth-josh-allen-stole-the-show-at-the-senior-bowl/ar-BBIjODx?li=BBnbfcL

For what it's worth, Josh Allen stole the show at the Senior Bowl

Say what you will about Josh Allen as an NFL prospect, or the merits of judging players at a glorified exhibition game - he showed Saturday at the Senior Bowl why he's a real candidate to go first overall in April's draft.

The Wyoming alum got off to a slow start - in truth, so did fellow North squad quarterbacks Baker Mayfield and Tanner Lee - but he was golden in the third quarter before giving way to Lee in the fourth.

Allen scored his team's first touchdown with a pinpoint throw to the back of the end zone, hitting Central Michigan's Tyler Conklin after faking an end-around handoff. He was prone to staring down receivers in college, but on this play took one step up in the pocket before firing the ball 16 yards, displaying some exquisite touch, for the score:

On the next drive, he found Penn's Justin Watson down the sideline for a big gain. Again, Allen did well to get rid of the ball early instead of staring down his target and waiting for separation down the field. As a result, the opposing safety had no chance to come over and break up the play:

Allen finished the contest 9-for-13 for 158 yards and two touchdowns, and was named Most Outstanding Player for the North team.

For the sake of comparison, Lee went 8-for-19 for 86 yards and one interception. Mayfield only saw brief action in the opening quarter, and was 3-for-7 for 9 yards.

The stats don't mean a ton in a game where blitzing is prohibited, defensive schemes are kept elementary, and the players on the field barely know each other. However, Allen put his talent on display for everyone who wanted to see it in Mobile, Ala., strengthening his supporters' claims that he'll be the first name called when the NFL draft commences in three months.

4 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Yes, I do.

I’ve been a closet Allen fan. I’m hoping we draft him. Don’t care what our JN resident scouts think. If we can get half the production Texans got from their rookie Deshaun. I’d be happy. But now it seems like he won’t be there at #6. We are going to have to sacrifice a future first to move up to the 3rd. Don’t want that bum from USC. Been there, done that. 

10 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I’ve been a closet Allen fan. I’m hoping we draft him. Don’t care what our JN resident scouts think. If we can get half the production Texans got from their rookie Deshaun. I’d be happy. But now it seems like he won’t be there at #6. We are going to have to sacrifice a future first to move up to the 3rd. Don’t want that bum from USC. Been there, done that. 

No thanks, a Clumsy Elephant has better footwork than Allen. He's wildly inaccurate, struggles to read D's.

Anyway time will tell, I just don't want another long term project QB like Hack. Very hard pass. The new QB needs to start right away. This guy needs to sit for a year minimum.

Archived